Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 09:28 AM

278 posts, read 357,841 times

Advertisements

What do you think of the design argument that the complexity in life indicates design?

Old 07-07-2012, 09:42 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,926,164 times

Irreducible Complexity (bacterial flagellum) debunked.flv - YouTube

Old 07-07-2012, 09:46 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,455,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by distraff View Post
What do you think of the design argument that the complexity in life indicates design?
Indication is not evidence.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:03 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,926,164 times

Irreducible complexity cut down to size - YouTube

Old 07-07-2012, 10:27 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,740,274 times
Quote:
Nope, it is supposed to indicate INTELLIGENT design.

Therefore we the intelligence behind ALL designs needs to be as obvious as the design or the idea falls apart.

Unfortunately, many things appear to unintelligently deisgned, mammalian testicles, rabbit digestive tract, and literally hundreds of others.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:01 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,555,015 times
Quote:
I believe that it has validity to make such claim.
The DNA strand is so much more complicated that the most complex computer system and yet it is acceptable to not believe a designer was involved.

I am not making a factual claim that a designer was involved. I am claiming that reason, logic, and probablities do give support to the probably existence of a designer, a hypothesis. Take care.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:27 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
How is it even possible that single celled amoebas could launch millions of different animals, male and female upon this planet? Imagine these amoebas somehow pull off being able to create a dual celled critter. It is not that it has to make one dual celled critter, it has to, at the same time be able to know this dual celled critter needs to duplicate so needs a partner. It needs to have intelligence enough to know what is needed for reproduction. Do single celled amoebas have minds that advanced? Do dual celled amoebas? But let's just for fits and shizzles imagine they do. Imagine they somehow figure out these dual celled critters need not just a few more but even way more than billions of cells. How do they pull this off? How do they know what a fish is? scales? fish eyes? gills? and on and on it goes. And not only that but it all has to come together all at the exact same time so the species can survive with heart and other parts working. They can't just make a fish heart and hope the rest evolves around it, or a fish brain or a fish eye. It ALL has to be there at the exact same time and not just that, but they have to have planned for a mate and duplicate the exact same mate but with reproduction organs! I just, for the life of me, cannot figure out how single celled amoebas could pull this off. It takes a much higher intelligence to create an intelligent life such as a fish. Lower intelligence never created greater intelligence. Never. Never.

And please don't shoot from the hip and just say I don't know how evolution works. No one really does because no one has seen it work.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:26 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,455,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
How is it even possible that single celled amoebas could launch millions of different animals, male and female upon this planet? Imagine these amoebas somehow pull off being able to create a dual celled critter. It is not that it has to make one dual celled critter, it has to, at the same time be able to know this dual celled critter needs to duplicate so needs a partner. It needs to have intelligence enough to know what is needed for reproduction. Do single celled amoebas have minds that advanced? Do dual celled amoebas? But let's just for fits and shizzles imagine they do. Imagine they somehow figure out these dual celled critters need not just a few more but even way more than billions of cells. How do they pull this off? How do they know what a fish is? scales? fish eyes? gills? and on and on it goes. And not only that but it all has to come together all at the exact same time so the species can survive with heart and other parts working. They can't just make a fish heart and hope the rest evolves around it, or a fish brain or a fish eye. It ALL has to be there at the exact same time and not just that, but they have to have planned for a mate and duplicate the exact same mate but with reproduction organs! I just, for the life of me, cannot figure out how single celled amoebas could pull this off. It takes a much higher intelligence to create an intelligent life such as a fish. Lower intelligence never created greater intelligence. Never. Never.

And please don't shoot from the hip and just say I don't know how evolution works. No one really does because no one has seen it work.
Actually, we do know how evolution works, and we have "seen it work". You, too can have this knowledge. it is readily available to anyone who wants to learn about it.

Your post shows such a lack of understanding of the subject that I don't know why you bother commenting at all.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:03 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Darwinism is rooted in Atheism scientific reason or logic , and has never being proven .......Creationalism is rooted by faith in the Text from God and is based from the healing and creative miracles that have occurred by God through believers of Jesus Christ, and has never being proven and never will be proven....... to make one theory law against the other would be hypocracy........

Old 07-07-2012, 03:08 PM

1,975 posts, read 1,941,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Darwinism is rooted in Atheism scientific reason or logic , and has never being proven .......Creationalism is rooted by faith in the Text from God and is based from the healing and creative miracles that have occurred by God through believers of Jesus Christ, and has never being proven and never will be proven....... to make one theory law against the other would be hypocracy........

stop reading only one book the bible which is proven to be a myth copied from babylonian, and egyptian and caananite myth. using the bible has proof is circular logic

and i notice you used faith, faith is believing without evidence. what kind of god would want people to believe without evidence?

and it is is EVOLUTION not Darwinism. evolution is backed up by genetic evidence explain why chimps' DNA is 99% match Human genes.

read a book written by people that do research on evolution other than the bible written by superstitious goat herders and you will learn something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality