Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:16 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

I'm watching a show on evolution right now called "Evolve" and these scientist said the ants do not have any leaders. They do what they do by scent to determine what to do when they do it.

Now these dumb, backward goat herder bible writers wrote this thousands of years ago:

Pro 6:6-8 Go to the ant, O slothful one; See its ways and be wise;" (7) Note that there is no captain for
it, Superintendent or ruler;" (8) Yet it is preparing its bread in summer; It hoards its food at harvest.

Science agrees with the Bible.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:44 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,045,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I'm watching a show on evolution right now called "Evolve" and these scientist said the ants do not have any leaders. They do what they do by scent to determine what to do when they do it.

Now these dumb, backward goat herder bible writers wrote this thousands of years ago:

Pro 6:6-8 Go to the ant, O slothful one; See its ways and be wise;" (7) Note that there is no captain for
it, Superintendent or ruler;" (8) Yet it is preparing its bread in summer; It hoards its food at harvest.

Science agrees with the Bible.
It's a shame for your statement that the Bible was never written by goat herders, but by highly literate scribes.

And technically - that's quite a sweeping generalization: "Science agrees with the Bible". A better way of presenting that information would perhaps be to say "Science agrees with this passage from the Bible". Or is it common to make sweeping generalizations and jump to conclusions from one passage?

I won't bother to point out the many unscientific statements contained in the Bible, and then generalize from that that "Science doesn't agree with the Bible". That would be far too easy, and far too generalizing.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:54 PM

Interesting also is this show is now talking about the prairie dog. This guy recorded all their different voicings and he has shown that they communicate what color a person is wearing, the size of a coyote, size of coyote and direction it is traveling. He can look at their computerized voicings and tell exactly what they are saying.

Science agrees with the Bible that the serpent spoke to Eve. She must have been able to decipher the way it communicated if it didn't do so directly by human voicing. The show was showing how all these different animals communicate and what they are saying.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
It's a shame for your statement that the Bible was never written by goat herders, but by highly literate scribes.
Your communication is incorrect. I can tell by what you wrote that you are using deceptive measures for whatever means you feel you need to do so. Either that, you really didn't read what I wrote very carefully and just took a stab in the dark concerning what I said.

For instance, I never said the Bible was never written by goat herders. I said not all were goat herders, that some were kings, princes etc.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:01 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Dang, what do YOU have against goat herders?

They were not dumb or backward, for their time in history. They did live in a time of great ignorance, but that was not their fault, that just when they were born. The kings and princes of the time were also limited in knowledge.

Now to ignore everything that has been learned since and cleave to the writing of these long dead goat herders, kings and princes, now that's dumb and backward.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Your communication is incorrect. I can tell by what you wrote that you are using deceptive measures for whatever means you feel you need to do so. Either that, you really didn't read what I wrote very carefully and just took a stab in the dark concerning what I said.

For instance, I never said the Bible was never written by goat herders. I said not all were goat herders, that some were kings, princes etc.
That's right - instead you very specifically said that Proverbs was written by "dumb goat herders".
Quote: "Now these dumb, backward goat herder bible writers wrote this thousands of years ago:
Pro 6:6-8..."

Funny, considering you probably believe the traditional view that Solomon wrote the Book of Proverbs.
Oh Solomon - that "goat herder"! The supposedly wisest King of the Southern Kingdom - a goat herder according to Euesbius!

Don't go back on your words now, Eusebius - it's there in black and white. I'm not deceiving anyone - just pointing out your silly statement. If you act quick enough, you just might be able to still edit your post!

Old 07-12-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

They were not dumb or backward, for their time in history. They did live in a time of great ignorance, but that was not their fault, that just when they were born. The kings and princes of the time were also limited in knowledge.

Now to ignore everything that has been learned since and cleave to the writing of these long dead goat herders, kings and princes, now that's dumb and backward.
They weren't really dumb as you suggest. Thousands of years ago they did scientific study of the ant and concluded it does not have a leader but they still work together to gather food and do other things. Scientists are now showing the bible to be correct. It just took a couple thousand years for our scientists to catch up with those dumb herders.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

I like your signature - very appropriate.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
They weren't really dumb as you suggest. Thousands of years ago they did scientific study of the ant and concluded it does not have a leader but they still work together to gather food and do other things. Scientists are now showing the bible to be correct. It just took a couple thousand years for our scientists to catch up with those dumb herders.
You called them "dumb" - Asheville was quoting what you said.

Once again - it's all there in your first post. You know - along with your assertion that Proverbs was written by "Goat Herders".

Old 07-12-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
I said "dumb goat herders" because that is what some of your ilk was calling them. I never really believed they were dumb. I was rubbing salt in the wound. Moderator cut: delete
Moderator cut: delete
I'm not familiar with anyone calling Solomon a dumb goat herder, so I'm afraid that's a rather weak excuse.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-13-2012 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: orphaned response
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.