Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 08:01 AM

267 posts, read 216,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That is not really what the Bible was saying.

Here is what was written:

Deu_23:2 No bastard shall come into the assembly of Yahweh. Even the tenth generation from him may not come into the assembly of Yahweh.
Deu_23:3 No Ammonite or Moabite shall come into the assembly of Yahweh. Even the tenth generation from them shall not come into the assembly of Yahweh for the eon,

A bastard was one who came from an illegitamet or incestuour relationship.

Also, the assembly of Yahweh should not be understood as being "heaven." They were forbidden citizenship in the land. That's the point.

There was a very specific reason why the Ammonite or Moabite was not allowed citizenship rights.
This is the reason:

Deu 23:4 on the score that they did not succor you with bread and with water along the main road
when you came forth from Egypt and that they hired against you Balaam son of Beor, from Pethor,
Aram-naharayim, to maledict you.
So another christian is using the bible to claim that these verses apply to people going to heaven and you claim that the same verses have absolutely nothing to do with going to heaven?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 08:15 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Na'vi View Post
So another christian is using the bible to claim that these verses apply to people going to heaven and you claim that the same verses have absolutely nothing to do with going to heaven?
Well, um, yes, if that is the case. Are you referring to what Mircea wrote? here: "Jesus isn't allowed in Heaven." and quoted the Deuteronomy texts?

Does Mircea consider himself a "Christian"? I don't know.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:26 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,341,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If the legend of Jesus surviving the crucifixion and going east to preach to Israelites in India were true, would it have detracted from the story or added to his stature? If he turned out to be a prophet respected by other religions, wouldn't that have enhanced his standing and legendary nature? The crucifixion is an unnecessary element.

I think if he would have gone to India and settled in as a prophet, that's where he would have remained in the history of religions. India does have many prophets.

But by being crucified and then ressurected, he took a step up from being just a run-of-the-mill prophet to being a deity with eventually a major religion. I'm just looking at it from the dynamics of how stories and such are propogated, not from a religious standpoint involving faith.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Jesus isn't allowed in Heaven.

Here, I'll give you another chance to address this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Nehemiah 13:1 On that day the book of Moses was read aloud in the hearing of the people. They found written in it that no Ammonite or Moabite may ever enter the assembly of Jesus, 13:2 for they had not met the Israelites with food and water, but instead had hired Balaam to curse them. (Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, however, turned the curse into blessing.) 13:3 When they heard the law, they removed from Israel all who were of mixed ancestry.

Deuteronomy 23:3 An Ammonite or Moabite may not enter the assembly of Jesus; to the tenth generation none of their descendants shall ever do so, 23:4 for they did not meet you with food and water on the way as you came from Egypt, and furthermore, they hired Balaam son of Beor of Pethor in Aram Naharaim to curse you.

Ruth 4:13 So Boaz married Ruth and had sexual relations with her. The Lord enabled her to conceive and she gave birth to a son. 4:16 Naomi took the child and placed him on her lap; she became his caregiver. 4:17 The neighbor women named him, saying, “A son has been born to Naomi.†They named him Obed. Now he became the father of Jesse – David’s father!

King David is a Moabite, therefore King David can never enter the "Kingdom of God."

Since Jesus is a descendant of King David, Jesus cannot enter the assembly of god.

Challenging...

Mircea
It doesn't say a Moabite can never enter the assembly of God or can never enter the kingdom of God.

Furthermore, you need to prove how many generations elapsed from the day of Deuteronomy to Boaz's day. If beyond ten generations all is cool.

Also, Naomi was Ruth's mother and she was from Bethlehem (Ruth 1:19) though she was a Moabite. But she was a woman of faith and was allowed into the congregation of Yahweh since she did live in Bethlehem. If she were still under the edict given in Deuteronomy they would not have allowed her to live in Bethlehem. Mahlon was an Israelite, the former husband of Ruth but he died due to the famine. Now Boaz, an Israelite, is marrying Ruth. The judges which sat at the gate of the people who witnessed Boaz being the KINSMAN REDEEMER of Ruth since he was related to Mahlon, did not think this was an illigitamate relationship or they would have said so. He, Boaz, was raising up seed in the name of his relative Mahlon so his name would not die out in Israel.

How many generations elapsed between Boaz and Ruth's relationship and Jesus? If we look at the genealogies of the new testament we see there are way more than ten. I count roughly 16 generations from the giving of the law in Deuteronomy to Boaz. So I see no problem.

Even some of King David's mighty men were Ammonite and Moabite:

1Ch 11:39 Zelek the Ammonite, Naharai the Berothite, bearer of the weapons of Joab son of Zeruiah,

1Ch 11:46 Eliel the Mahavite, and Jeribai, and Joshaviah, sons of Elnaam, and Ithmah the Moabite,

Last edited by Eusebius; 07-17-2012 at 08:42 AM..

Old 07-17-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Well, um, yes, if that is the case. Are you referring to what Mircea wrote? here: "Jesus isn't allowed in Heaven." and quoted the Deuteronomy texts?

Does Mircea consider himself a "Christian"? I don't know.
Are you seriously claiming that you can't read? To whom did I direct that post? Does stupid run in your tribe or are you the first? I don't think so.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Are you seriously claiming that you can't read? To whom did I direct that post? Does stupid run in your tribe or are you the first? I don't think so.
You directed the post to me. It is in post 21.

I would never claim I can't read.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:27 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
The father son team of god the father and his Christ son are going to get slaughtered by Odin and his hammer wielding son Thor. The Jews sent Moses and Lilith to Asgard long ago. You don't have to believe that Thor and Odin's power far surpasses that of your murderous god. How is god going to answer for his deal with the devil over the treatment of Job?

Jesus has been an indentured slave to a false god for so long. Jesus hasn't been suffering for your sins, he's been suffering because of a deal that was made with Satan over his soul. When your god gives you up to Satan, Christians will be begging for Thor to rescue them.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:42 AM

Your god did not nail Jesus to the cross. The God of Jesus sent His Son into the world to save the world. Jesus is not the invisible Deity we call "God" Who fills heaven and earth.

Any questions?

Old 07-17-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
You directed the post to me. It is in post 21.

I would never claim I can't read.
Yes dear, I understand that comprehension is not a strong suite for those who believe in talking snakes et al. But hopefully you are capable of retracing the posts and realising that I was responding to your disagreeing post to sir Les. I hope that helps. If not I will try to draw appropriate pictures for you. OK?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Yes dear, I understand that comprehension is not a strong suite for those who believe in talking snakes et al. But hopefully you are capable of retracing the posts and realising that I was responding to your disagreeing post to sir Les. I hope that helps. If not I will try to draw appropriate pictures for you. OK?
You posted a post to Sir Les in post #18.

So I answered to what you told him in post #19.

I never made a "disagreeing post to Sir Les" as you suggest.

Actually I have very good, in fact, excellent comprehension skills and believe it was a serpent which conversed with Eve in the garden. Did the serpent literally have organs which allowed it to speak with Eve? Or did Eve somehow interprete what the serpent was trying to communicate? I wasn't there so I don't really know.

You can draw now? How nice. Still just using crayons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality