Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 04:47 AM

179 posts, read 333,382 times

Advertisements

If science has all the answers for evolution, why does the percentage dna difference keep changing between human and chimps?

99%
98.7%
98%
97%
96%
95%
94%
93%
92%
88%
86%

This proves that science just throws numbers at the people in hopes they will buy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 07:07 AM

679 posts, read 1,439,823 times
Quote:
So what do we do with those who are stupid or ignorant?
Oh why don't you enlighten us with more of how we're all going to round you people up in box cars as we goosestep down the street. Personally, I'd prefer you use more Dalek imagery in your stories instead of Nazis. Something about that voice, "EXTERMINATE!" It's scary. Maybe you can play the Doctor, and you can save the world with your sonic crucifix.

I'm sorry, but your posts of scientific conspiracy theories and atheist plans for christian genocide are so numerous and so fanciful that I can't fathom any more serious a response than the one above.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:54 AM

640 posts, read 461,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Sooner, this is the very type of thinking that I have seen from numerous religious people, and I fear that it is with a lack of knowledge of evolution that you scoff at it. What I have been trying to get at is that there is a common misconception of evolution that pervades the churches and is so often taught at home, that young kids growing up aren't able to distinguish from.

To give you a better idea of what I'm getting at, the impression I see of those who don't agree with evolution tends to be that after millions of years one day an ape will birth a man. For a better representation this seems to be the argument from the creationist side.

APE -> MAN

To be quite honest with you, I agree, I did not descend from ape in the manner that you are speaking. Now, it's hard for me to bring up a picture of what evolution is like because it is non linear. I will do my best though to represent what it is really like.

PILOPITHECUS -> PRONCONSUL -> DRYOPITHECUS -> OREOPITHECUS -> RAMAPITHECUS -> AUSTRALOPETHICUS -> PARANTHROPIS -> ADVANCED AUSTRALOPITHECUS -> HOMO ERECTUS -> EARLY HOMO SAPIEN -> SOLO MAN -> RHODESIAN MAN -> NEANDERTHAL MAN -> CRO-MAGNON MAN -> MODERN MAN

Now be honest, how many of these could you have named off the top of your head? Sometimes it's better to look at it going backwards than forwards it may help you understand it a little better. But, as I said evolution is non-linear so it is difficult to put the progression I showed as them all being descendants of man. In other words, think of it like a family tree at a much slower pace. Some parts of the family branch off, do not have kids and that particular branch of the family tree stops. Meanwhile, other parts of the family tree continue to have kids who keep the family name going and from Super Great Grandpa Billy Bob Smith you currently have Robert Smith the newest born. Is this starting to make sense?
GCSTroop, To first answer your question of how many of the stages of so-called evolution could I have named - I could name back to Homo Erectus without any problem. I was quite interested in "early" man during my college years and studied it intently. While I still totally discount that "modern man" is a product of millions of years of evolving (I believe in creation), I appreciate your attempt to provide information that just might convince me otherwise (and without calling me silly...).

Old 10-02-2007, 10:58 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikester7579 View Post
You stand behind Richard Dawkins, then you believe in what he says or claims. If not them you don't.
I don't know who Richard Dawkins is. Please elaborate.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
And what did Hitler use as his excuse for violence and justification for what he did? It was the mechanism of evolution called survival of the fittest.
And the point is?

Take the following:

“Such an approach is dangerous, for example, when people of one nation or group see in the Bible a mandate for their own superiority, and even consider themselves permitted by the Bible to use violence against others.â€

and change it to this:

“Such an approach is dangerous, for example, when people of one nation or group see in evolution a mandate for their own superiority, and even consider themselves permitted by evolution to use violence against others.â€

See the difference? There isn't one. Using a mandate as violence against others is wrong either way. It doesn't mean that the source of the mandate is wrong because at one point in time someone used it for violence.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
These things we can experience, evolution you cannot experience. Bad comparison.
So since you can't "experience" it then it can't possibly exist. Right?

I think God just blew an "O" ring.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
If science has all the answers for evolution, why does the percentage dna difference keep changing between human and chimps?

99%
98.7%
98%
97%
96%
95%
94%
93%
92%
88%
86%

This proves that science just throws numbers at the people in hopes they will buy it.
Must be the same strategy others use on this board..

Old 10-02-2007, 12:05 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Quote:

99%
98.7%
98%
97%
96%
95%
94%
93%
92%
88%
86%

HAHA Ikester, I suggest before you post something that you actually do the research on it. If you click on those links and actually READ even what the subtitles say you'll see that in almost every one there is a line that says Human and Chimpanzees approx 97-98%. What you don't understand about Google is that it will take each individual number and word to find a best possible answer to your reply. I suggest before you post JUST google hits that you read what actually came back. And, for now, this is going to be the last post of yours I respond to. I feel that lately you're becoming more of a borderline troll than anything. I clicked on 4 or 5 threads of yours with nothing but HUGE pictures of anti-evolution propaganda. Which is fine in and of itself, but if you're going to post something like that, I suggest you do it on one thread instead of making multiple ones, it kind of ruins your credibility. Just thought I'd let you know.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
HAHA Ikester, I suggest before you post something that you actually do the research on it. If you click on those links and actually READ even what the subtitles say you'll see that in almost every one there is a line that says Human and Chimpanzees approx 97-98%. What you don't understand about Google is that it will take each individual number and word to find a best possible answer to your reply. I suggest before you post JUST google hits that you read what actually came back. And, for now, this is going to be the last post of yours I respond to. I feel that lately you're becoming more of a borderline troll than anything. I clicked on 4 or 5 threads of yours with nothing but HUGE pictures of anti-evolution propaganda. Which is fine in and of itself, but if you're going to post something like that, I suggest you do it on one thread instead of making multiple ones, it kind of ruins your credibility. Just thought I'd let you know.
Huge pictures from his website...

Old 10-02-2007, 01:14 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
If God created the earth and all that is in it, then I think it is just as easy for this God to have done it though evolution. I don't know whether evolution is true or not, but actually I don't care one way or another. I just don't think that if it were true that would mean that there is no God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality