Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 11:33 AM

11 posts, read 11,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoD View Post
Because there is NO such thing as a "loving creator"! You may have too much time on your hands.

T.
Is there such a thing as "too much time on ones hands"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 01:28 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinty Moore View Post
There exists in every complex living creature an ongoing battle of life an a nearly-infinite number of fronts between a nearly-infinite number of armies. A War that is between the host's (say, for example, a perrson) immune system, and all manner and sorts of infectious agents - bacteria, fungus, mold, virii and more.

Now how, I ask, can such a tortured game of life and death possbily be the deliberate creation of a loving, all knowing creator? How could a loving creator allow such a set of circumstances to persist?

It makes no sense whatsoever, that such a Macrbre set of circumstances be created. by such a creator - none whatsoever.

Accordingly, I submit that no such creator exists.

And please, none of the "mysterious ways" gibberish.
Quite so, DM. Fact is, the bible and it's apologists will routinely admonish us that there's absolutely no evidence for the evolution of any new species, or even sub-sepcies, of life. That Evolution does not happen in a perfect Designer-Created post-Genesis world. And yet we cannot find, for instance, any historical evidence, using the latest biomedical forensic techniques, incl. the inarguable DNA mapping methods now available, for some current form of virulent bacterium.

In other words, the latest problematic form has Evolved in response to the tactics of antibiotics, which if not administered properly for their full course, result in the "escape" (not sentient, of course....) of a few resistent individuals. Those then flourish in their new environment, as would be logically anticipated, and soon we have Species B, evolved out of Species A, but immune to antibiotic A.

This is so logical, plus methodically and readily demonstrable, and yet the Christian "No Evolving Allowed, and there's Absolutely No Evidence for it anhhow, so Nyah Nyah!" crowd still persists with their illogical and indefensible line of non-reasoning. Denialism to the bitter End, when they themselves may succumb to a non-conforming bacterium (Acinetobacter Baumannii Bacteria Found On Hospital Surfaces | ThirdAge). And as hljc poinys out so very eloquently, "It's all Satanic! Again, it's all de woyk of de Debil!"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yep, I concur.

√ It makes no sense that a "creator" would remain so "mysterious" and just be sitting back watching all this madness and horror and willingly do nothing about it, for whatever reasons that Christians and other "god" believers come up with. It JUST DOESN'T EXIST.

√ I'm not prepared as an atheist to confront others yet, and yesterday's fiasco is my fault for even being at a church in the first place.

√ I don't know what the answer is to this, but I do know that I can no longer fool myself into believing in something there is no evidence for.

√ So I go on, hiding my dirty little secret and hoping that somehow this god that they all demand is real will show itself so I won't be in this awkward position anymore.

√ The harm comes when religion infects every aspect of our government, laws and personal freedoms and that needs to stop.

√ Religion has always just been about controlling the masses and really has nothing to do with a deity. It is a man-made concept that people continue to cling to simply out of fear, fear that they have been taught for centuries and that my friends, is nearly impossible to change. But we have to try.
Well said, Ilene! But please.. don't think of it as your "dirty little secret". It is important right now to be political in one's "coming out", but I have slowly introduced it to any Christians I've first gotten to know, so that they trust & perhaps even value my opinions on other things.

Then,when that inevitable issue does come up, I try to broach it in a polite and intelectual way, by asking them some questions they really cannot logically answer, especially when they can't run & hide as so many of them do here.

It's an inevitable thing, and in the end, you'll feel both inwardly satisfied, free to explore that larger uninhibited world around you, and intellectually honest. Plus, you'll be known as that person who is both straight-forward and well-thought-out. This will leave some of those stubborn Christians in their own personal dust storm, but such ar the consequences of avoiding critical thinking, eh?

Have a good day! I'm off for some excellent Thai food!

Old 08-26-2012, 06:33 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Cool Why Look! There they go, just a walkin' down the street, singing "Dah dee dum de DUMB DUMB..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
…demon spirit come in four types through the wisdom of Jesus Holy Spirit...... These demon spirit are called

√ `mobilities disruptor demon ,

√ cognitive disruptor demons,

√ gland disruptor demons, and

√ abdomen disruptor demon .....

where these spirit will indwell in man and pollute his body and his purpose, where all the diseases of man and animals are the works directly and indirectly by these dark spirits ........

All of which Lord Jesus can remove through the prayer of His Blood judgment and the will of man is Jesus regulator of His blessing ....... Hard pill to swallow? You got it
Yup! Like trying to swallow a...

http://vehiclefixer.com/wp-content/u...st-13-1024.jpg

So! Gland disruptive Demons, huh? You mean these?:

http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/explor...crobes_600.jpg

Wonder what the Demon, Klebsiella pneumonia has going for itself then! What with so many dying Christians in hospitals obviously doing something so very wrong then... (Just a small taste of this growing problem...):

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/0...s-study-finds/

Demons? .....And God or Jesus can just..... POOF...... remove them?

I HAD NO IDEA!................................................

Last edited by rifleman; 08-26-2012 at 06:44 PM..

Old 08-27-2012, 03:16 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinty Moore View Post
Is there such a thing as "too much time on ones hands"?
Not if your hands do things that make you happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality