Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 01:00 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,548,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Please bring me out of the darkness of my ignorance.

Tell me which parts of your bible you would put aside, and which you would leave, and why.

There is nothing to stop Christians from just leaving the offending passages and books
out of their bible.

They have done it before, so they obviously are not fearfull of the
last passage in Revelations that forecasts doom DOOM for people who do that.

Whooooeeeee! Spooky, bad stuff.

Maybe the Ten Commands should be trashed, too?

Tell me, which parts of your bible do you deem valid as instructions from your god,
and which parts can we all feel safe in ignoring?
Excuse me !!! We have been studying from the Old Testament every Sunday morning, and lots of times on Tuesdays in our Golden Year's class.

We do not think any part of the bible is not the word of God, but we do believe all that both Jesus and the writers of the New Testament said about the Mosaic Law. The referance to the book of Hebrews is because it contains a lengthy explanation of the end of the old and the importance of the new.
The entire New testament came into effect when Jesus died on the cross...nailing the old to His cross.

I am amazed that you imply that we are "offended' at the Old Testament. We are not like all the posters here who think it is a differant God in the Old Testament than in the New! We are well aware that it is the same God, just a new and better covenant that Christ brought. ( Why do you think it is called "good news" ?)

Perhaps a study of what a 'covenant' or 'testament' is, is in order.

There are actually three places in the bible where it is said that we are not to add to the word, Deut. 4.2; Pro. 30.6; and Rev.22.18. Rev 22.18 says to neither add to or take away. ( Believe it or not, we know and abide by that also. )

As for the 10 Command(sic)ments, Jesus carried all of them over onto the new covenant, except the keeping of the Sabbath. He even made some of the commandments stronger.

Your remark " Tell me, which parts of your bible do you deem valid as instructions from your god" is right down insulting ! Most of our older members use the entire KJV. Many of the newer members use the NASB, or the NKJV. ( What do you use ? ) I have used the NASB for Forty years, but just recently got the NKJV.

Let me ask you a question : What exactly to you think a New Covenant means ?

"Whooooeeeee! Spooky, bad stuff."....yes it is... who have you been listening to ?

Have you read what Jesus said about taking a patch from a new garment and putting it in an old garment ? What do you suppose He was talking about ? Matt. 9.16; Mark 2.21, Luke 5.36
How many times did that need to be recorded ? My understanding that the number 3 equals 'complete',or 'entire'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 01:05 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,548,139 times
Shibainu, why did you quote my post, then ask this :

"Where does it state that there is a trinity? Rapture?
or celebrating Easter? Christmas? Halloween? Drinking Blood of Christ?
Or worshipping Idols like Mary, the Cross."

Not one of those are in my post, and not one of them are things that I do !
You lost me completely with your ramblings !

I have said all I am going to on this thread....it 's weird !

Old 08-31-2008, 01:24 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,968,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Where does it state that there is a trinity? Rapture?
Or worshiping Idols like Mary, the Cross.

Saul of Tarsus, who had never even seen Jesus, made Christianity what it is today. He is more important then the man they call Jesus. Why do I say that? Because the new Covenant Idea and being saved by grace is his idea and not that of Jesus. James, Jesus's brother, never agreed with Saul of Tarsus. Saul had an episode where he said he saw Jesus and that made him become an honorary apostle. Paul is so full of himself that he is the only author to you I as he did. He used I about 1400 times in his books. He clearly goes away from his Judaic background, so he is no longer following God but an Idolatry God that had influences from Greek and Babylonian religions. That is why he says “the Christ” a lot instead of Jesus Christ in his writings, because during that time many pagan religions believed in a Hellenistic Christ. Many thought it was Zeus, Mithras, and Ra
Shibainu-san,

Thank you for your insights.

It never occurred to me that Paul, the author of so much in the New Testament, forsook his Jewish background, which was the main influence in pulling Christianity away from the Old Testament.
I had been taught that Jesus, being a Jew, had started a new Jewish sect - but I see that it was Paul who actually radicalized it further.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:37 PM

897 posts, read 2,457,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The third temple will not be rebuilt by Jesus, but by Jews. Jesus speaks of this temple. Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the (MAN OF LAWLESSNESS IS REVEALED,) the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in (GOD'S TEMPLE) proclaiming himself to be God. (2Thessalonians 2: 3-4).

According to the Bible, this man of lawlessness will confirm with the Jews a peace treaty that is suppose to last seven years. Yet after three and a half years he will break this treaty and take away the daily sacrifice from their temple, He then proclaims to the world that he is God. This will mark the beginning of the great tribulation. The Jews in Israel today, already have the plans drawn up for the rebuilding of this temple, and they are now training priest that will be conducting animal sacrifice once again.
OK let me rephrase the question. When did Jesus ever tell his people that there would need to be a 3rd temple before his return? Now in 2 thess 2: 3-4 has nothing to do with the a 3rd temple. It is about the lawlessness of a man and it states do you remember what I told you about the temple? He continues on about how a lawless person will rule over the temple and Jesus will come to destroy it.

You will never find it because Jesus Believed he would return to defeat the anti-christ when the Second temple was destroyed. You as a current christian need to interepet differently to make your story fit.
Again I dont deny if their is a 3rd temple being built because the Jewish Messiah(not Jesus) will return and bring back the Jews and Bring world peace.

Jesus never fit the requirements as the Jewish Messiah and I am not going to explain that again.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Shibainu, why did you quote my post, then ask this :

"Where does it state that there is a trinity? Rapture?
Or worshipping Idols like Mary, the Cross."

Not one of those are in my post, and not one of them are things that I do !
You lost me completely with your ramblings !

I have said all I am going to on this thread....it 's weird !
You said that there is a new covenant and we should no longer be bound to the Old Testament. Then you told us to read (Pagan) Paul’s doctrine of Hebrews to get the answer. Then I posted that Gods commandment is forever and god requires that to be all of man. My Second post I pointed out that Christians follow thing that is not even mention in the bible at all. Then the second part was to give a little background on the Author that you claimed to be Higher than gods wisdom.
You should really read about the Man name Saul. He is a Very-interesting fellow that pretty much wanted to be like God. Well I think anyone that follows Christianity fellows him more than Jesus.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:41 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,483 times
Quote:
OK let me rephrase the question. When did Jesus ever tell his people that there would need to be a 3rd temple before his return? Now in 2 thess 2: 3-4 has nothing to do with the a 3rd temple. It is about the lawlessness of a man and it states do you remember what I told you about the temple? He continues on about how a lawless person will rule over the temple and Jesus will come to destroy it.

You will never find it because Jesus Believed he would return to defeat the anti-christ when the Second temple was destroyed. You as a current christian need to interepet differently to make your story fit.
Again I dont deny if their is a 3rd temple being built because the Jewish Messiah(not Jesus) will return and bring back the Jews and Bring world peace.

Jesus never fit the requirements as the Jewish Messiah and I am not going to explain that again.
The problem here is, you do not believe the Bible. Jesus predicted the destruction of the second temple. He did not say He would destroy it.
That belief is not supported by the Bible, (and comes from your Imagination).

Jesus will return with His tabernacle and this is stated in Revelation 21 verses 1,2,and 3. Yet this will be after the lawless one has been tossed into the lake of fire.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
(And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven), prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, (the tabernacle of God is with men), and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And according to the Bible, all others who have rejected the truth of Christ words, and His prophecy will be tossed into the lake of fire. Because they were not of the truth.

Jesus did fit the requirement of the Messiah, and if you recall, one of those requirements was the Messiah would be rejected by (HIS OWN PEOPLE).

Old 09-01-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
The problem here is, you do not believe the Bible. Jesus predicted the destruction of the second temple. He did not say He would destroy it.
That belief is not supported by the Bible, (and comes from your Imagination).
No, I believe In the Old Testament. The New Testament is filled with too many error that it is not from God. Why is not from god. Well did you know that their were about 200 books in the New testament. The Gnostics which modern day Christians reject and some say are from the devil were actually part of the bible. Jesus actually wrote a book they removed that from the bible. Constantine (pagan worshipper) created your current bible not Jesus, James, and Paul.
In regards to 2 thess 2 8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming....Well isn’t this lawless one supposed to be the anti-Christ. If it is then it says in verse 8 he will be overthrown and destroyed. I did not say Jesus will destroy the temple. I said Jesus will return during the second temple destruction and destroy the Lawless one that took over the temple.

But if you look at John 2
Jesus Clears the Temple
12After this he went down to Capernaum with his mother and brothers and his disciples. There they stayed for a few days.
13When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!"

17His disciples remembered that it is written: "Zeal for your house will consume me."[b]

18Then the Jews demanded of him, "What miraculous sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?"

19Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

20The Jews replied, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?" 21But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the Scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

23Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Feast, many people saw the miraculous signs he was doing and believed in his name.[c] 24But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all men. 25He did not need man's testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man.

But you will say look at
Mark 14 Before the Sanhedrin
53They took Jesus to the high priest, and all the chief priests, elders and teachers of the law came together. 54Peter followed him at a distance, right into the courtyard of the high priest. There he sat with the guards and warmed himself at the fire.
55The chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for evidence against Jesus so that they could put him to death, but they did not find any. 56Many testified falsely against him, but their statements did not agree.
57Then some stood up and gave this false testimony against him: 58"We heard him say, 'I will destroy this man-made temple and in three days will build another, not made by man.' " 59Yet even then their testimony did not agree. 60Then the high priest stood up before them and asked Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?" 61But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer. Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ,[f] the Son of the Blessed One?"
62"I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven." 63The high priest tore his clothes. "Why do we need any more witnesses?" he asked. 64"You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?"
They all condemned him as worthy of death. 65Then some began to spit at him; they blindfolded him, struck him with their fists, and said, "Prophesy!" And the guards took him and beat him.

Matthew 26
59The chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for false evidence against Jesus so that they could put him to death. 60But they did not find any, though many false witnesses came forward.

Finally two came forward 61and declared, "This fellow said, 'I am able to destroy the temple of God and rebuild it in three days.' "

62Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?" 63But Jesus remained silent.

Then their is Stephen in acts 6
8Now Stephen, a man full of God's grace and power, did great wonders and miraculous signs among the people. 9Opposition arose, however, from members of the Synagogue of the Freedmen (as it was called)—Jews of Cyrene and Alexandria as well as the provinces of Cilicia and Asia. These men began to argue with Stephen, 10but they could not stand up against his wisdom or the Spirit by whom he spoke.
11Then they secretly persuaded some men to say, "We have heard Stephen speak words of blasphemy against Moses and against God."

12So they stirred up the people and the elders and the teachers of the law. They seized Stephen and brought him before the Sanhedrin. 13They produced false witnesses, who testified, "This fellow never stops speaking against this holy place and against the law. 14For we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs Moses handed down to us."

15All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel.

The unfortunate thing is that when they wrote the bible they made it sound like the people were False witness. But if they were false witness to what Jesus said than their would be no John 2. See you may say it was a metaphor of the resurrection of Jesus but That is exactly what the Priest were asking him. So this shows How the New Testament contradicts itself. They try to make it seem like the Jews plotted against him. Christians will say he did not respond because he knew he was suppose to die but Jesus also said nothing because they were right.
If you go back to John 2 verse 19 he said This Temple. The one he was standing in at the time. He was talking about destroying the second temple and replacing it with him. Look at verse 21 and 22 It says that the temple he was talking about was his body after he was raise from the dead. Even if he was not talking about him personally destroying the temple I find it interesting that the supposed false witness said mark 14 58"We heard him say, 'I will destroy this man-made temple and in three days will build another, not made by man.' " and this what jesus said inside the temple John 2 19 "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days." then his disciples remembered 21But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said.

So here is a question How would the people in the temple remember what Jesus said about the temple as to terms of his body. Answer they would not so this is the author of the book trying to add commentary. The Jews would have only heard what Jesus said and not what the disciples thought. Why do I say that, Look at the way verse 22 is written: 22After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. This is stating that they are recalling the events of the temple where he(jesus) tells the people that he will destroy it. Also the book of john was written last of the gospels and over 50 to 100 years after the events.

Quote:
Jesus will return with His tabernacle and this is stated in Revelation 21 verses 1,2,and 3. Yet this will be after the lawless one has been tossed into the lake of fire.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
(And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven), prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, (the tabernacle of God is with men), and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Oh, I love this chpt. You left out so much. Revelations 21: 22I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. (wow, that goes exactly with John 2 19:23 that was supposed he was falsely accused)
23The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Jesus is saying He did not see a temple because He is the temple. Remember the discusion above in this post. So Jesus is supposed to be the 3rd temple. He destroys the second so all can have the 3rd. Well if the Jews today are building a temple today which would be #3, Jesus again failed to get it right. How is he suppose to return if their is a temple if verse 22 says he did not see a temple.
Again this supports the Idea that the Christians are wishing on a star.

Quote:
And according to the Bible, all others who have rejected the truth of Christ words, and His prophecy will be tossed into the lake of fire. Because they were not of the truth.
Wow, because the true Messiah is supposed to Zeph 3:9 "Then will I purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of the LORD and serve him shoulder to shoulder.

He cont.. with 16 On that day they will say to Jerusalem,
"Do not fear, O Zion;
do not let your hands hang limp.

17 The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."

18 "The sorrows for the appointed feasts
I will remove from you;
they are a burden and a reproach to you. [c]

19 At that time I will deal
with all who oppressed you;
I will rescue the lame
and gather those who have been scattered.
I will give them praise and honor
in every land where they were put to shame.

20 At that time I will gather you;
at that time I will bring you home.
I will give you honor and praise
among all the peoples of the earth
when I restore your fortunes [d]
before your very eyes,"
says the LORD.

Quote:
Jesus did fit the requirement of the Messiah, and if you recall, one of those requirements was the Messiah would be rejected by (HIS OWN PEOPLE).
Really, Never heard that was a requirement.

The Messiah requirement are as Follows:

Ezekiel 37 21 and say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. 22 I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms. 23 They will no longer defile themselves with their idols and vile images or with any of their offenses, for I will save them from all their sinful backsliding, [b] and I will cleanse them. They will be my people, and I will be their God.

24 " 'My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd. They will follow my laws and be careful to keep my decrees. 25 They will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob, the land where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children's children will live there forever, and David my servant will be their prince forever. 26 I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and increase their numbers, and I will put my sanctuary among them forever. 27 My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people. 28 Then the nations will know that I the LORD make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever.' "

Zechariah 14:9 The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.

Isaiah 43:5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.

6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth-

Isaiah 2:4 He will judge between the nations
and will settle disputes for many peoples.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will not take up sword against nation,
nor will they train for war anymore.

Jesus Fail to meet these requirements. Secondly Jesus is claimed to be a messiah that died to save us from our sins well look at this:

Deut 24
16 Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin.

Jesus can not die for your Sin

Numbers 23 19God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

20Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it.
Jesus was a man.

Genesis 8
21 The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though [a] every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

God said he will never destroy the living creatures again even though he know they sin. But Jesus said that People will pay for their sins and if they do not repent they go to Hell.

Leviticus 17:11
11For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
Jesus did not die on the alter. He died on a cross for criminals.

Leviticus 22
18 "Speak to Aaron and his sons and to all the Israelites and say to them: 'If any of you—either an Israelite or an alien living in Israel—presents a gift for a burnt offering to the LORD, either to fulfill a vow or as a freewill offering, 19 you must present a male without defect from the cattle, sheep or goats in order that it may be accepted on your behalf. 20 Do not bring anything with a defect, because it will not be accepted on your behalf. 21 When anyone brings from the herd or flock a fellowship offering [a] to the LORD to fulfill a special vow or as a freewill offering, it must be without defect or blemish to be acceptable. 22 Do not offer to the LORD the blind, the injured or the maimed, or anything with warts or festering or running sores. Do not place any of these on the altar as an offering made to the LORD by fire. 23 You may, however, present as a freewill offering an ox [b] or a sheep that is deformed or stunted, but it will not be accepted in fulfillment of a vow. 24 You must not offer to the LORD an animal whose testicles are bruised, crushed, torn or cut. You must not do this in your own land, 25 and you must not accept such animals from the hand of a foreigner and offer them as the food of your God. They will not be accepted on your behalf, because they are deformed and have defects.' "

Jesus was beated before he was given to be a blood Sacrifice . So he failed to meet the atonement requirement.

Habakkuk 3:13 You came out to deliver your people,
to save your anointed one.
You crushed the leader of the land of wickedness,
you stripped him from head to foot.
Selah
God said he would protect the messiah from Death

Psalm 91 11 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty..
cont...
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

Deuteronomy 21:23
23 you must not leave his body on the tree overnight. Be sure to bury him that same day, because anyone who is hung on a tree is under God's curse. You must not desecrate the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance.

Dying on the cross or tree is affront to god. He hates it. Why would he have the savior do something he hates.
Psalm 146
3Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
4His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Again Jesus was a man so when he died so did his thoughts and Ideas/plans.

deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Jesus was the son of God which he had the holy spirit with him Or 3 in one. So Jesus is not one.

deut 4 15 You saw no form of any kind the day the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, 16 so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman,

This shows us not to worship anything but God. Jesus was the son of man. So anyone that worships Jesus is practicing idolatry.

Malachi 3:6
6For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

This shows god Ideas and plans do not change. The New testament and Jesus preach a new covenant. That means their is change.

deut 42Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

The new testament is addition to Gods commandments so Jesus could not be part of god.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,953 times
Egyptians were here on this earth 3000 B.C . this same story we are hearing from many different religions have been taken and put into there own words or the same. It is very clear where these stories have came from, and who really lived them. Egyptians. google Zeitgeist the movie and see for your self. Religion is nothing but lies and has been created to keep people in order of the Government.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:24 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,018,183 times
It is believed by many that the years that Jesus was "missing", he was most likely in the East studying Buddhism and other eastern philosophies and that he brought back many of those beliefs and tweeked them into his own doctrine.

When I read an earlier post in his thread that stated there were no religions before the father, Son and Holy Ghost I felt rather bemused that anyone could be so short-sighted. There have been powerful religions on this earth since far before recorded history and certainly far before Jesus walked the earth...Horus being one of many, many symbols of a god. Jesus was not a copy-cat, he was his own original (if somewhat fanatical) person, but it is reasonable to believe he gleened many of his beliefs from earlier religions and philosophies.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:19 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:
Where does it state that there is a trinity? Rapture?
Or worshipping Idols like Mary, the Cross.

Saul of tarsus who never even seen Jesus made Christianity what it is today. He is more important then the man they call Jesus. Why do I say that? Because the new Covenant Idea and being save by grace is his Idea and not Jesus. James, Jesus brother never agreed with Saul of tarsus. Saul had an episode where he said he saw Jesus and that made him become a honorary apostle. Paul is so full of himself that he is the only author to you I as he did. He used I about 1400 times in his books. He clearly goes away from his Judaism background so he is no longer following God but an Idolatry God that had influences from Greek and Babylonian religions. That is why he says “the Christ” a lot instead of Jesus Christ in his writings because during that time many pagan religions believed in a Hellenistic Christ. Many thought it was Zeus , mithras, and ra
Oh, my God (no pun intended). Wouldn't it be perfectly hideous if the beliefs of nearly 2000 years were literally based on the rantings of a hallucinating madman?

I mean think about it...the man has incredible psychological guilt from his lifestyle, falls down, hallucinates, goes hysterically blind, the hysterical blindness wears off, he tells his hallucination to everyone and people follow it for centuries?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality