Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 01:34 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,818 times

Advertisements

I think I read a post somewhere on here that someone had experience with demons.

Anyone else have an experience with a demon? Would you mind sharing the environment you were in.. smells, sights, sounds etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 01:50 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
[quote=bigthirsty;1440123]I think I read a post somewhere on here that someone had experience with demon

Anyone else have an experience with a demon? Would you mind sharing the environment you were in.. smells, sights, sounds etc?[/quote

Oh, that was probably someone talking about their teenager children

Seriously, though, I don't think I have ever had an experience with a demon..I have experiences every day of the evils that are in the world, but no movie-type, in your face demon experiences We had a thread way back there about this, and some posters have had demon experiences.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-06-2007 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: edit content

Old 09-06-2007, 04:12 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,273,572 times
There's one experience I had that opened my eyes to the "powers of darkness." I was in a mission in southern California when one day the mission leader got a call from a woman saying wondering if he could come over and help her son... he had been involved with an older woman who dealt with the spirit world/devil worship, etc, and the mother felt he was possessed by something. He had been trying to get away from this relationship, and was acting strange and couldn't sleep at night.. he could feel something touching him, and he claimed he could see this devil worshipper/girlfriend sitting by his bed, he claimed strange things had happened such as pictures flying off the wall and hitting him, etc. The mission leader and the other young man at the mission and myself went over to this place. After some discussion with the mother, she called her son who was lying on the floor in kind of a "trance", and we all went into his bedroom. He sat on the bed, and the mission leader told him that in order to be delivered from this evil spirit, he would have to want to be delivered. He said that yes, he did. (I'm leaving out alot of little details so this doesn't get too long!!) Then the mission leader began to audibly pray to God and also commanding the spirit in the name of Jesus to depart. The other young man that came from the mission and myself also were fervently praying. Later, we all mentioned the "evil power" we felt in that room. It was so real, you could almost feel it, it made your skin crawl. Indescribable! After the prayer, the young man was asleep and completely relaxed. We then left. The next morning we contacted the mother and she said he had slept thru the night no problem. Next Sunday he came to the mission church. During the service, he got up and motioned for my coworker at the mission to follow him out. While the missionary had been bringing the message, the young man could feel the "evil spirit" touching him again. He came over to the mission house for lunch, and after lunch we visited with him. The mission leader encouraged him to open up completely, that to be truly free he would have to come out into the clear with God, and confess what he had done, how much he had been involved with the devil worshipper.. the young man thot about this for awhile, and said that he didn't know if he could do this, he had been such a great sinner. The mission leader encouraged him again, that this is what he would have to do to be free. While the young man thot about this and battled with this thot, suddenly his head went forward, and he kind of went into a trance. I could see the shirt on his back moving, and his shoulders were twitching as if something was touching him... the devil did NOT want him to open up! Opening up causes him to flee! We called the young man's name, and eventually he raised his head and slowly, slowly looked behind him.. he had felt the "evil spirits" touching him again.. He still wasn't completely willing, said maybe tomorrow he would open up. He went home, and a little while later we heard he had moved out of state.... This taught me several lessons.. the powers of evil are real, and the devil is fearful of people confessing their sins and opening up their life, because then his power is lost.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:06 AM

443 posts, read 1,541,822 times
The human mind is 100% capable of fabricating angels, demons, aliens or anything else from thin air.

A minor chemical imbalance can make us see/hear/smell or even taste things that don't exist.

How could one ever be sure that the 'demonic' experience wasn't something much more benign, like schizophrenia?

Old 09-07-2007, 11:43 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,010,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanoid View Post
The human mind is 100% capable of fabricating angels, demons, aliens or anything else from thin air.

A minor chemical imbalance can make us see/hear/smell or even taste things that don't exist.

How could one ever be sure that the 'demonic' experience wasn't something much more benign, like schizophrenia?
How could one be sure that someone diagnosed wasn't in fact possessed by a demon?

Old 09-07-2007, 11:44 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,890,225 times
Quote:
How could one ever be sure that schizophrenia wasn't something much more serious, like a 'demonic' experience?

Old 09-07-2007, 12:10 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,342,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I think I read a post somewhere on here that someone had experience with demons.

Anyone else have an experience with a demon? Would you mind sharing the environment you were in.. smells, sights, sounds etc?
we're talking here about;

Filth....confusion....deception....pretense....hat red....!!!!!!

Don't we have better things to discuss?

Old 09-07-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
How could one ever be sure that schizophrenia wasn't something much more serious, like a 'demonic' experience?
You cannot prove or disprove the existence of demons.

I could take you to a psychiatrist and they could diagnose you with schizophrenia. They would then medicate you, and if you took your medication, in all likelihood, the 'symptoms' of your possession would disappear.

With science, unlike with religion - we can use evidence to form a hypothesis, then test it, verify it - and act accordingly.

No amount of praying can change brain chemistry.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:55 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,890,225 times
Quote:
No amount of praying can change brain chemistry.
I disagree. It's changed mine.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I disagree. It's changed mine.
So, what did the neurologists say changed?

Do you have MRIs of your cranial cavity before and after your conversion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality