Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:22 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,579,660 times

Advertisements

This is terrible and I must advise parents that it will be especially disturbing to them. A tragic story:

The Modesto Bee

What do you think happened here? Even the police are astonished at the total lack of humanity shown here and the 'hollow appearance' of the man's eyes. He claims the boy had a demon and even lunged for a man's pen thinking it was a knife that could assist him in his task. The man had no history of mental illness or police record.

I am of the opinion that something WAS going on here. I have had personal experience w/ a demonic situation and I do believe very much that they can completely take over a person's mind temporarily. They can make it appear that something is a threat when it isnt, can cause hysteria and terror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 09:29 AM

82 posts, read 258,312 times
I saw that article. That guy was messed up. I agree with you RE: demons as well.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:32 AM

Yeah, since the guy had no history of mental illness and had never acted this way before-wouldnt there have to be some reason for his behavior? I mean, I haven't seen that drugs were a factor here in any of the reports but limited info has been released.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:13 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
Alice, just because this person had no history or mental illness doesn't mean that mental illness wasn't the cause, people do strange things all the time and for the first time. To bad they will never know the truth in this matter so now it left up to spectulation and we all know where that can lead.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:09 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Just because he had no record of mental illness, it doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Personally, I think he was a complete and utter ******* and deserved a much harder death then he got.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:15 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Just because he had no record of mental illness, it doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Personally, I think he was a complete and utter ******* and deserved a much harder death then he got.
I agree. He got off easy.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I agree. He got off easy.
Yes, he got a far gentler death than the child did....so sad.

Mental illness may have been the case. Perhaps. But his not having a history is odd indeed. To snap to such an extent out of the blue...wierd.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:48 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
Yes, he got a far gentler death than the child did....so sad.

Mental illness may have been the case. Perhaps. But his not having a history is odd indeed. To snap to such an extent out of the blue...wierd.
I don't know.....from my understanding his wife/girlfriend isn't talking. Maybe he had a long history of beating her up? I certainly wouldn't be surprised. If he had, I would say beating his son to death isn't that far off on his basic personality.

If nothing else this should be a lesson to all women....if your boyfriend or husband is abusive get the hell out before something like this happens.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:50 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,173,555 times
A clinical psychotic reaction. Plain and simple.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:47 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,385,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
I am of the opinion that something WAS going on here. I have had personal experience w/ a demonic situation and I do believe very much that they can completely take over a person's mind temporarily. They can make it appear that something is a threat when it isnt, can cause hysteria and terror.
If you believe this, then how do you know that the murderer was not simply having his own experience with a demonic situation? Maybe he was correct that the child was possessed?

Schizophrenic breaks can occur at any age, but they often happen to people who are in their 20s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality