Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you give up you Religion for Love and companionship
I am man and I would take the Love of a woman over my religion 3 37.50%
I am a man and I would give up the Love of a woman for the rest of my life to stay true to my religion 4 50.00%
I am woman and I would take the Love of a man over my religion 0 0%
I am a woman and I would give up the Love of a man for the rest of my life to stay true to my religion 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 01:08 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Not a poll for Athiest. Please feel free to comment though

Would you stay single and alone for the rest of life or would you sacrifice your religion for love and companionship. I know there are many people out there that marry some one of a different faith so it's most likely common place.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 09-24-2012 at 01:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 01:10 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Would you stay single and alone for the rest of life or would you sacrifice your religion for love and companionship. I know there are many people out there that marry some one of a different faith so it's most likely common place.
It is important to remember that all religion is man-made.

Therefore, yes, giving one religion up for true love is something I would do.

HOWEVER, I would never give up my love for, faith in, and relationship with God for any reason

Old 09-24-2012, 01:20 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

HOWEVER, I would never give up my love for, faith in, and relationship with God for any reason
Little bit of a grey area but I contemplated that. If you view that the only access to god is through Religion that would have to be taken into account.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Little bit of a grey area but I contemplated that. If you view that the only access to god is through Religion that would have to be taken into account.
I see no gray area

God is not "religion".

All religion is man-made - a tool to aid us in learning about and worshipping God.

HE does not require you to belong to a religion.

He only wants a relationship with you - which you can certainly attain without a religion

Remember, your religion won't save you, only God can do that!

Old 09-24-2012, 01:38 PM

419 posts, read 434,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Christianity is not man-made. Since I am a Christian that worships the only true God, the creator of the universe, I'd never give up my eternal salvation for a woman. Even if I could.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post
Christianity is not man-made. Since I am a Christian that worships the only true God, the creator of the universe, I'd never give up my eternal salvation for a woman. Even if I could.

He asked if you would give up your "religion", not your "eternal salvation"

But I do see your point, since Jesus was a man.

Those who attempt to follow his teachings have created the religions of the world. It was not his intention to have the body be broken into so many parts.

As I've already stated, I would not give up my relationship with God for anyone either.

Last edited by lovesMountains; 09-24-2012 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-24-2012, 06:42 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Not a poll for Athiest. Please feel free to comment though

I will comment. I did make an effort to adopt Buddhism seriously after I married a Buddhist, but it was tough when I couldn't find conviction in it. I did fully however support and assist her in her religious activities thereafter, though.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:24 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Religion needs to be defined. The less educated on this board think that Presbyterian and Baptist are different religions. They aren't.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:32 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
No, I would/have someone who believes as I do. It's that simple.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:35 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,864,102 times
Sorry, but I see this as a false dichotomy.
I know many people who love someone of another faith while practicing their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality