Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 09:25 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,661,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Not sure about your point.

Most religions have no problem with killing others, particularly those who don't believe in the same God or gods.

You don't understand what I have said because you have the wrong mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 10:30 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Put this on the joke thread where it belongs.
Cuts too close to the bone, ya say.

Which causes me to specifically ask, do "you" think "your" religion is worth killing for?

Explain.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:37 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
One should consider "killing" the hate, pride and self righteousness within themselves before it becomes an obsession to force others to their beliefs.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:52 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,947,097 times
It's time to get a new religion, when the aspect of killing comes up.or change your brand of coffee.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:56 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,117,418 times
If your Christian you should use the example given by Jesus.
The only follower in Jesus time to draw a sword and us it was told to put it away.
And so Jesus went to his death for it.
So Christianity is not worth killing for. But if your Christian it is worth dieing for.

Die for your religion but do not kill for it.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:01 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
Perry, I honestly don't think the OP (who is Buddhist) was talking about murdering your fellow man or committing suicide.

But then I could be wrong

Old 10-21-2012, 11:17 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,947,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
If your Christian you should use the example given by Jesus.
The only follower in Jesus time to draw a sword and us it was told to put it away.
And so Jesus went to his death for it.
So Christianity is not worth killing for. But if your Christian it is worth dieing for.

Die for your religion but do not kill for it.

Very well put Aeroman, I will die for my religion as Christianity is worth dying for. but not worth killing for as that goes against God. Suicide the same thing.

As miss Blue said we have to look at ourselves internally first before we past judgement on others thinking or beliefs.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:42 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Perry, I honestly don't think the OP (who is Buddhist) was talking about murdering your fellow man or committing suicide.

But then I could be wrong
No, you are correct Miss Blue. The thought to kill or hurt someone else should never occur.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:55 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,024,985 times
Actually Christianity is not a religion that is called to kill for , and if people kill for Christianity then that act would blaspheme Lord Jesus Christ , as He called His believer to love their enemies , and if you live by the sword you will die by the sword ......So Christians must never kill for Jesus Christ as He can defend Himself and His purpose.... See Jesus said in the bible from Revelations 2: 4-5...Jesus is correcting the church of Ephesus , which is in modern day Turkey...``I am somewhat against you, because you have left you first love.. so remember where you where you are fallen and repent and do what you are called to do or else I will come and remove your anointing candlesticks out of your place...``...............See these believers fell out of love , and Jesus threaten to abandon them , so Christian do not love Jesus will leave them so killing people is not an option...... Sure there were brutal leaders confessing to be believers of Christianity who in the past have killed for Jesus ..... but these people where out of the will of God and would be judged by Jesus for their sin...

Old 10-21-2012, 04:28 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Actually Christianity is not a religion that is called to kill for ,
Then please tell why did so may christians cheer Bush when he turned Iraqi babies into stains in what had been their home?

What really ticks me off of these dime a dozen mouthpiece christians is that what they say and what they do are polar opposites. Moral-less hypocrites that cannot and should not be trusted at all.

Ignorance of reality extends not only from what you believe, but the inability to even recognize that christians are the greatest collections of hypocrites on the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality