Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 09:11 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times

Advertisements

Aside from the irregularities that abound in any serious and scientifically valid (i.e.: documented and properly tested finds) review of the Ark finds, including that most monumental hoax, the Chinese NOAH'S Ark Ministry fundraisers of a few years ago, the simple fact is that, from the irrefutable perspectives of:

√ reproductive ecology

√ marine engineering

√ climatic realities

√ consequences of a global inundation to the distinctly different marine & fresh water environments

√ the loss of all potable water and edible, living plant and animal food resources

√ the drop-off point, above the tree line on a snow & ice encrusted mountain (a great disembarkation point for, let's say, an Amazonian parrot or a penguin, Hawaiian parrot fish, and so on...!)

√ arranging for all 30+ or more million species we now know to exist on this planet, to be successfully organized, collected and happily co-existing on this essentially tiny ark.

√ that this barge was unpowered, and thus unsteerable (when the waters were receding ,what prevented it from being dashed to bits on the rapidly uncovered rocks and shoals?)

√ the unavailability of such volumes of water, plus the inarguable hydrodynamics (including mass thermal friction heating (to an estimated 80˚ - 100˚ C) from the rate of downpour, and the creation of massive electrical storms that would have created a firestorm of unavoidable lightning strike (see: any video of a simple tornado), esp. to the only object above water: the Ark!).

√ the equally untenable lack of anywhere to return such a mass volume of water. Nope, not back into the collapsed ground holes where it was supposedly sucked out (and by what forces, exactly?)

√ the total lack of any coincidental, contemporaneous (look them up if you need to...) accounts, by say, the very observant Chinese, of the fact that they were inundated for 18 months. Ditto for the nearby Egyptians, who were, right then, busily building massive pyramids.

(There's more, but this alone is a pretty good starting point..)

In other words, it all requires outright supernatural magic. But one must then ask the serious question of why exactly did God do it this way when He could just as easily have... "Poof"... put anyone or anything He did not like (being the silly vengeful type He so obviously is..) to an instant death, instead of ruining the entire planet's ecology.

Reason: there were existing smaller-scale flood myths from Babylonia and several other cultures, and these travelling minstrel authors (the prophets) had no good reason, they being scientifically illiterate too, to refute those stories.

I know, I know:: logic. Such a sticking point in these debates, huh? Better to just ramble on in utter scientific illiteracy. and then make such inane comments as:

)

Ezra777's supportive statement, thus "proving" these fludds DID obviously occur..

(Psalm 94:11
The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.

May those who are open-minded watch the entire video, and the other ones and come to their own personal conclusions!"

No vanity on my part, just logic and theory and scientific inquiry. Plus the utter lack of any archeological or hydrologic evidence. None. Nada. Zilch.

And so, ezra, if we do honestly review the data and evidence and theoretical problems, and then come to the obvious logical conclusions which systematically debiunk such an outrageous story? With fully open minds to begin with? Then do you also agree it was obviously nothing but a myth, or...

...will you continue, stubbornly, to buy it hook line & sinker, solely because it was in your bible, or that your Sunday minister confidently reports that it was a true story?

In other words, where's your critical thinking skill set?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 02:57 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra777 View Post
Archaeological Discoveries
-------------------------------------

Revealing God's Treasure - Noah's Ark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PSZNYdfawQ

Revealing God's Treasure - Sodom & Gomorrah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG3QsisQrkc

Revealing God's Treasure - Red Sea Crossing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaN2acVMGC8

Revealing God's Treasure - Mt. Sinai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-eSRcr9CWw

Revealing God's Treasure - Ark of the Covenant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYIwjYN4JVo

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!! Not again!

Old 10-20-2012, 03:04 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
We have to be prepared for that - goes with the territory. How long I wonder, will it be before we get a post
'Of course Jesus Christ really lived -look at all the historical attestation...Josephus, Tacitus, Suetpuddingus, Thalia, Plinly, BarSerapion, Phlegon...'

Old 10-20-2012, 03:10 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,517,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
We have to be prepared for that - goes with the territory. How long I wonder, will it be before we get a post
'Of course Jesus Christ really lived -look at all the historical attestation...Josephus, Tacitus, Suetpuddingus, Thalia, Plinly, BarSerapion, Phlegon...'
I guess the reason that the Religiously Impairedâ„¢ get excited about these lies is that there is absolutely nothing going on in their religion. No rapture, no more miracles, even the Virgin Mary in tacos and grilled cheese sandwiches has tapered off. Now they have to be satisfied with recycled myths and lies.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:34 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,024,985 times
There is a lot of Archaeological sites all over the Middle East , that could prove the Bible and its past , But the land were these sits are on have different religions in those nations ....And many of these nations are rejecting Christianity and Judaism outright , then the atheist deniers , who reject any evidence of this science

Old 10-20-2012, 07:21 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Taking the best view of that lot - yes, it is unfortunate that the ark sites are in Turkey where there do seem to be a few problems about investigative expeditions there - the NAMI thing seems to have evaporated without trace and it badly needs some follow -up. And the Jebl Laws (Moses campsite) locality is in Saudi Arabia and they don't seem to welcome expeditions. We badly need to check on the various claims, though the calf -altar is shown to be just herdsmans' rock - graffiti, so that really kicks the supports from under that claim.

P.s grammar Nazis.. is 'there is a lot' correct? 'is' would seem to be a collective term, but 'are a lot (of sites) sounds right to me.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:37 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
I guess the reason that the Religiously Impaired™ get excited about these lies is that there is absolutely nothing going on in their religion. No rapture, no more miracles, even the Virgin Mary in tacos and grilled cheese sandwiches has tapered off. Now they have to be satisfied with recycled myths and lies.
You dare to test those waters, CSG? OMG! You just wait now. I WILL shortly be making waffles right here in my kitchen, and I have deeply and sincerly asked God to maketh his son's own face, even if out of gen-yoo-whine Canuck maple syrup (the best, btw..), which would flow transcendentially offa my waffle, soz only I would have a chance to see it! But I'd then dutifully show up here later today claiming my newfound belief! I mean, if you can't believe your own eyes, what can you believe?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
There is a lot of Archaeological sites all over the Middle East , that could prove the Bible and its past , But the land were these sits are on have different religions in those nations ....And many of these nations are rejecting Christianity and Judaism outright , then the atheist deniers , who reject any evidence of this science
As is so typical, hljc, you auto-reject when science has dutifully gone and investigated something claimed to be absolute proof of God's and Jesus' past, or of some biblical site. Actual archeologists have spent a lot of hard-to-find research funding travel lingthrough politically dangerous countries, hiring the very pre-convinced locals (see: NAMI scandal, with their obviously felonious "guide", who the police really wanted to catch...), and what has all that ever shown us?

Answer: when it's not work done by some non-accredited Christian "University", it always comes to the same results, which you then reject.

(btw, the NAMI crew made an absolute claim that they' d found the Ark after spending (wait for it!) exactly one afternoon in the pre-winter time on-site, with no proper instruments, apparently not even a good camera, and no measurements, no other documentation. The result of this was a short-lived flood of funds from the likes of folks like you, who desperately want such a "find". Hmmm... Too bad huh?

Even you, hjlc, could not possibly defend such fraudulent and obvious hoaxery, and yet the Christian community stays strangely mute when their own commit such blatant idiocy.. And you think this sort of approach builds rational credibility? )

The only results you are willing to open-mindedly and ravenously accept is when that research substantiates your outrageously improbable ideas. and that never happens, because it turns out it was all a hoax of biblical propertions, so to speak. We're pretty much done with going after such lame ideas any more. We have boson particles to examine!

The overall and reliable result, as of now, is that there's a finite number of biblical stories to check out, and we've pretty much covered them all off. In detail. The Ark, a global fludd, a universe that's only 6035 years old, co-existing dinos and men (oh my God!), and all of the other claptrap... there's literally nothing left to re-re-review and uncover. And no, God did NOT complete it fully in His mere 6 days. That was just the mental imaginations of those hungry-for-a-place-to -spend- the-night minstrel authors (the prophets). And so they whipped some a good story line to impress, frighten and entertain the local pub crawl crowd, and over time it all came to be believed as absolute fact. Wow, huh? PS: Have I got a bridge to sell you, hljc!!

Meanwhile, there's an infinite and far more interesting world for The SM to explore and identify (see: latest stuff on the Higg's boson and it's implications to our understanding of the obviously still-unfolding Universe).

Only the truly intransigent cling to all those old discredited stories of, well... anything. The oft-credited abilities & observations of some so-called scholars 2500 years ago is easily outclassed by the understanding of any kid who has been watching Sesame Street even for a few months.

You, on the other very predictable hand, just try to out-yell those answers, accusing all the international and independent researchers, the people who are in fact educated enough and interested enough to want to check all those things out. You on the other hand would have mankind all cow-tow to your antiqued and so very thoroughly debunked ideas, calling us ignorant and intransigent and stubborn and conspiratorial and in denial.

Imagine that! Coming from the IDTist, scientifically ignorant and illiterate likes of you! Rabidly Stubborn Intransigence on display.

Oh well, at least you prove our point about the inability of fundies to ever upgrade their understanding of, well ,anything.. So please.. do continue.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Taking the best view of that lot - yes, it is unfortunate that the ark sites are in Turkey where there do seem to be a few problems about investigative expeditions there - the NAMI thing seems to have evaporated without trace and it badly needs some follow -up. And the Jebl Laws (Moses campsite) locality is in Saudi Arabia and they don't seem to welcome expeditions. We badly need to check on the various claims, though the calf -altar is shown to be just herdsmans' rock - graffiti, so that really kicks the supports from under that claim.

P.s grammar Nazis.. is 'there is a lot' correct? 'is' would seem to be a collective term, but 'are a lot (of sites) sounds right to me.
1) Yeah, not to mention for example, that Turkey, seeing a Golden Opp when it's handed to them, have officially made their Ark site THE OFFICIAL ARK SITE. With bits of it available for purchase down at the Golden Git Shoppé! And then there's that NAMI hoax has more than proven that there are a fairly reliable multitude of..

(a) money-grubbing opportunists, and...

(b) ill-educated fundy believers who are now officially truly desperate for such a find, fully discounting those point-form reasons that I so thoughtfully provide a few posts back, which prove it simply could NOT have happened.

2) Trust a Brit to get into the nit-grit of "propah lan-guaj-ahge use, ewlde chep!" I agree: the state of the language is in rapid decline given our modern "yooot".

PS: (An old short poem from one of my Grd 10 teachers, a true philosopher, that I've cited from time to time:

The gum-chewing girl and the cud-chewing cow..

...are somewhat alike, yet... different somehow.

So.. what is the difference? Ah... I think I know now:

It's the clear thoughtful look on the face of the cow."

Please... do feel free to pass it on. © rflmn 2012, via Dear old (and surely dead...) Mr. Hartman, my art teacher, Vancouver, Canada, circa ≈ 1962.

2) You are right here: it should be in a plural form, often improperly used in the singular.

Typical of our language use. Makes one want to re-read Ayn Rand again, huh? Our kid now: Like, you.. like, understand, man? (all co-munching with their dumb-ass mouths open, as in all those hideous Burger King and McDonald's ads. "If it doesn't get all over you, it isn't a Burger King burger!"

Ever watch how these kids, like, down McDonald's fries while they, shall we call it, like, communicate? Gads! Makes me wanna get up and like walk out!

NOTE TO OFFICAL rflmn DOSSIÉR here on C-D: I only go there to make careful like scientific-like observations of our culture. I DO NOT LIKE their fries or Angus burgers. Well, gotta go now; it's time for my Egg McMuffin fix!)

Do keep it up, you stubborn old Brit you! LUVVITT.

Last edited by rifleman; 10-20-2012 at 09:54 AM..

Old 10-20-2012, 06:48 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
Riflmn vs Noah's Ark Round 2,456,332!!

And Rifle wins with a knockout, again!

You've thrown so much science at this subject over the last few years that it has slightly altered the earth's orbit, making it theoretically possible for tidal forces to flood half the planet. We all might wanna consider banding together to build a large boat in Colorado just in case.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:12 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,517,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Riflmn vs Noah's Ark Round 2,456,332!!

And Rifle wins with a knockout, again!

You've thrown so much science at this subject over the last few years that it has slightly altered the earth's orbit, making it theoretically possible for tidal forces to flood half the planet. We all might wanna consider banding together to build a large boat in Colorado just in case.
Please keep your ark out of Colorado. We are having enough trouble trying to pass Prop. 64. The last thing we need is an ark to "dampen" things.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:23 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
Please keep your ark out of Colorado. We are having enough trouble trying to pass Prop. 64. The last thing we need is an ark to "dampen" things.
Actually I was thinking of something more like this:

...with bikini babes and a 40 day, 40 night supply of fine beverages. But if you wanna pass, we can move it to Wyoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality