Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 11:08 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the heads up. Rifleman has had health problems before.I wish him well and fervently hope that we shall soon see him posting again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 11:35 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
I've got a good feeling he will be okay. I can tell he's a tough Ol' Guy.
He was even joking with me about "a possible NDE revealing the truth". I had to laugh...only rifleman would be jesting about NDEs at a time like that!
I bet he's back in no time at all.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:00 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
May the Rifleman return soon. His input is missed. He is a very sincere person who has the courage to stand up for what he believes is right and his posts have always shown his strong stand against injustice by anyone.

Hurry back my friend.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:25 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
May the Rifleman return soon. His input is missed. He is a very sincere person who has the courage to stand up for what he believes is right and his posts have always shown his strong stand against injustice by anyone.

Hurry back my friend.
I agree with Woodrow.

I find Rifle is a good hearted person with a great sense of humor. Special thoughts sent his way that he will return healthy and pain free soon.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:51 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Default To Rifleman:

Although I know that I've already told you this in a conversation that we've recently had regarding your present health situation, I can only reiterate: Take gentle care!

Heartfelt wishes for a speedy recovery sent your way, and a quick return to us soon!

Last edited by june 7th; 03-02-2013 at 09:01 AM..

Old 03-02-2013, 09:31 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Although I know he is a non-believer and a truthful person with a great amount of wit, I will offer a prayer to the Creator to watch over you Rifleman and may he heal whatever ails you, take care my brother..

Old 03-02-2013, 04:02 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Good thoughts coming Rifleman's way. He is much missed.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:26 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
I too wish Rifleman a speedy recovery...

Old 03-02-2013, 10:44 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
prayer and real hope right away on hearing since yesterday to get well and feel as comfortable as possible.. thanks GR .

Old 03-03-2013, 12:27 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Many heartfelt thanks from me to everyone. I am indeed now able to sit up and take nourishment, (though for some reason they do not allow Evan Williams Single Barrel Bottled and dated Bourbon as a form of very functional nourishment!)...

Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage | Heaven Hill | Bourbon Heritage Center

Btw, my family on my dads side up in Canada, where my dad's father, "Pop" as we called him, always said (and he'd been an employee of Seagram's Canada) that "those damned Yankees always favoured [note the Canook spelling!] their Bourbon, but Pop said it was simply old, really bad quality whiskey that they hadn't even taken the fusel oil out of...

fusel oil (chemistry) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

. I went with that for years, until I actually seriously tasted it a few years back. It's become my favorite. Complex, smoky, flavorful; quite the wonderful stuff. It's just too bad that I've discovered it at about the same time as when I've had to cut back. Well, perhaps that means I'll have to take my time and sip smaller amounts of it carefully, like I used to with good red wines.

Anyhow, soon enough I hope to be back going for the throats of Christian acolytes everywhere. Have no fear: esp. since I did NOT have an NDE with a fairy-tale god whilst "under". Heck though... after all these years of my asking for an audience with Him, just to, you understand, get a leg up on my few select and modest questions.

Oh well... perhaps He was busy saving some kids from a tsunami somewhere, huh? Or... perhaps He just didn't deem it necessary to talk to the likes of hateful old me. And esp. after what I've said about Him all these years? He is, after all, known to be venegeful and a tad bit violent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality