Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 08:19 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,461,197 times

Advertisements

This Tuesday starts the beginning of a process called RCIA in the Catholic Church, where I will be fully initiated into the Catholic way of life. I have been wanting to start this process for two years now, but never got the courage to really start it. A few months ago I talked to the program director for RCIA, and she strongly encouraged me to start.

I am very excited to become a member of the Catholic Church.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:25 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,840 times
Hey, if that is what will make you happy, then good for you. All the best!!

Old 05-03-2008, 08:40 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
This Tuesday starts the beginning of a process called RCIA in the Catholic Church, where I will be fully initiated into the Catholic way of life. I have been wanting to start this process for two years now, but never got the courage to really start it. A few months ago I talked to the program director for RCIA, and she strongly encouraged me to start.

Many blessings to you AaronK. I began the RCIA process in 2000. I was not fully initiated into the Church until July 2003 on my birthday. (I had many obstacles to overcome but am greatful for everyone of them.) I would like to warn you that this forum is a place where you will go under attack for your choice to become Catholic. Don't let them beat you down. It is actually possible that you may gain strength and understanding from them. My husband who is a cradle-Catholic went through the RCIA with me. He learned much. I wish you well on your journey and would enjoy following you if you choose to stay on the forum.

Peace be with you...

<>< weather...

Last edited by weatherologist; 05-03-2008 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-03-2008, 05:06 PM

951 posts, read 1,656,489 times
Glad you found a spiritual home. The most important part is the love of Jesus Christ. Never lose site of it. Good luck and God bless.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:01 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,344,758 times
Quote:

Welcome !!

I envy you. RCIA was one of the richest and fascinating times of my walk with Christ.
Don't be afraid to challenge everything. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened.
The depth, and richness of the Catholic faith can keep you learning and growing for a lifetime.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:10 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,357,366 times
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Roman catholicism is my lifelong religion and I am so happy to hear of stories like yours.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:13 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Quote:

Welcome home, brother!

Old 05-05-2008, 08:48 AM
AT9

691 posts, read 1,219,992 times
What are you converting from?

Old 05-08-2008, 12:53 AM

246 posts, read 649,551 times
I'd say welcome to the body of Christ, but you may have already been part of it in another aspect or denomination. So.... I'll say, be blessed as the Holy SPirit leads you.

I know Weather warned you of attacks, but truly many of us non-catholic Christians whole-heartedly believe that the name of the building or denomination you belong to, doesn't so much matter, as long as Jesus Christ is lifted up as Lord and Savior, the center of all Faith, doctrine, teaching, etc.

I think it's a good thing when someone finds the place the Lord calls them to - whether it's a non-denominational, a methodist, a catholic church etc. In fact, whatever each of our choice is for our own lives, we should rejoice when someone has found their place in the Kingdom. When we are all where we are supposed to be, doing what the Lord has called us to do, by the power of the Holy Spirit and in the knowledge and understanding of God's Word, then titles and divisions begin to disappear and Christ's love prevails and transcends all human agenda and tradition and ceremony. Then we all, as Christians, in one accord, working as a united people, His Church, God's Royal Priesthood, a Chosen generation, can accomplish things no eye has seen nor ear heard! (I'll get off my soap box, now)
God bless you and may He continue to guide you every step of the way.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:01 AM

252 posts, read 391,067 times
Quote:

Welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality