Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 04:51 PM

38 posts, read 91,894 times

Advertisements

I was born in russia.Thx to my wife (she is french) i converted to catholicism and i am happy.
Now my question is, why protestants hate so much catholics cause we say catholicism is the true religion end of story
And the Pope said that, protestantism is an heresy and a sect like the westboro baptist church.
Please explain why you hate us.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:09 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianSky View Post
I was born in russia.Thx to my wife (she is french) i converted to catholicism and i am happy.
Now my question is, why protestants hate so much catholics cause we say catholicism is the true religion end of story
And the Pope said that, protestantism is an heresy and a sect like the westboro baptist church.
Please explain why you hate us.
As a former protestant, I can honestly say, I never hated Catholics. My sons mother is a Catholic, born and raised.

The split between Catholicism and Protestantism is that Protestants don't believe that you have to go through a man, to be forgiven by God. Protestants believe that you can go to God, anytime, anywhere, and ask him for forgiveness of their sins.

The split began, largely due to the catholic churches practice of selling indulgences. This was essentially buying ones way into heaven. Many preists disagreed with this practice, and Martin Luther was one of those preists.

Today, I beleive the Catholic church is just as backwards as most religions. Why can't preists get married? It wasn't always a practice of your church, it wasn't adopted until over a thousand years after its founding. Same applies to nuns, why should the remain celebate? Celebacy is a nobel practice, if one can adhere to it, but why punish those who don't want to be celebate?

Also, their view on sex. Sex is not just about procreation, its only purpose is not to have children. Its not a sin just to have sex for the fun of it, with your wife of course . I'm sure everytime you and your wife go to bed together, y'all don't say, "lets make a baby".

So, I don't think Protestants think ill of Catholics, they just see them as silly and backwards. Of course, as someone who doesn't buy any of the Christian churches BS, I think all organized religion is silly and backwards.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality