Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 07:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,234,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post

And DewDrop, I trust you hid the body of the window salesman well?
Two words: Turkey Vultures.

(I actually ask the Mormon kids if they want a root beer because I know they're away from home and I'd want people to be decent to my kids. But the JW's don't stick around long enough. We must have particularly non-motivated Jehovah Witnesses. Or something. A simple, "No thanks" and they just turn around and go down the road to the next house.)

Old 03-12-2013, 07:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
I was joking in my earlier post (of course).

I've invited them inside for a chat many times over the years. But I stopped about a decade ago. It just got too sad, seeing the same cheerful, middle-aged/elderly women clinging to such absurd beliefs.

Nowadays I tell them I'll take a pamphlet but only if they leave immediately. They generally take me up on it with little or no protestation.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:06 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,123,485 times
Greet them with open arms and the utmost cordiality. Invite them in, offer coffee and then say with much emotion:

"This is great. You are the First Brothers(or sisters) to visit me since I was kicked out and shunned. Does this mean my ban has ended and Witnesses can talk to me again?"

Old 03-12-2013, 08:10 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,223,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Greet them with open arms and the utmost cordiality. Invite them in, offer coffee and then say with much emotion:

"This is great. You are the First Brothers(or sisters) to visit me since I was kicked out and shunned. Does this mean my ban has ended and Witnesses can talk to me again?"
If I could rep you 10 times I would. LOL....great one.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:28 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,123,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If I could rep you 10 times I would. LOL....great one.
I learned that from a cousin she was a JW for about 30-40 years and then quit and became a Catholic. Ever since all JW's have been forbidden to speak to her.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:38 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,107,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I called Terminix but they said there's nothing they can do. Any advice? Opinions? Ideas?
Download some Norwegian Black Metal to play when they come to the door (Darkthrone's "In the Shadow of the Horns" or anything off their "Transylvanian Hunger" album should do particularly well). Crank it when you see them coming down the street, and if they can put up with that hellish racket and actually ring the doorbell, invite them in to worship at a black mass you are holding for <insert Pagan god here>. It also helps if you dress the part, but that would require knowing the exact time they are coming. Don't forget to throw up the Horns and give a hearty "Hail Satan" several times while they are in your presence. You will not regret the stares you'll receive.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:10 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,993,012 times
Quote:

Bahahaha, what you stated has made my day.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,346,330 times
Last time they came around I told them I was a lesbian Satanist. Then I asked them for their names so I could honour them in one of our rituals. You should have seen them scatter! They never came back.
When I was nice to them, they kept returning, like a stray cat or raccoon you feed.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:17 PM

16,728 posts, read 15,727,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Last time they came around I told them I was a lesbian Satanist. Then I asked them for their names so I could honour them in one of our rituals. You should have seen them scatter! They never came back.
When I was nice to them, they kept returning, like a stray cat or raccoon you feed.
That must have been great fun! You gotta do what you can to make them stay away. You found a very creative solution.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:39 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,308,592 times
Quote:

That's good Woodrow LI....... I greet them them with cordiality, and have even gone so far as to ask them in for coffee, but that's because we've lived in some pretty remote areas, and the JWs were sometimes the only ones who would seek, find, and approach us...I must admit that the JWs have always been very curteous, kind, and respectful of my family anytime they've come around..I also know they would have stopped coming if I'd asked them....We live closer now, and pretty well see them once every couple of weeks, (they just keep trying to "save" us) I still enjoy their company, they don't push anything on us, and we usually just chat about the gardening, or whatever, veeeery seldom religion....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality