Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 07:23 PM

140 posts, read 132,852 times

Advertisements

See why thousands of scientists are turning away from Darwinism.

As a product of the public school system, I always assumed that evolution was fact. Majoring in science in college, I began having my doubts about the scientific logic of evolution. The first organism that I learned about that was not explainable by evolution was the woodpecker. There is no way that it could have evolved with so many specialized organs. It could only be explained by being created with all of its specialized organs all at one time. It still took me about 15 years to come to the conclusion that God created the heavens and the earth in six literal days.

Compelling Evidence - !

Old 04-06-2013, 07:28 PM

142 posts, read 120,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperZ View Post

As a product of the public school system, I always assumed that evolution was fact. Majoring in science in college, I began having my doubts about the scientific logic of evolution. The first organism that I learned about that was not explainable by evolution was the woodpecker. There is no way that it could have evolved with so many specialized organs. It could only be explained by being created with all of its specialized organs all at one time. It still took me about 15 years to come to the conclusion that God created the heavens and the earth in six literal days.

Compelling Evidence - !

The Evolution of the Woodpecker's Tongue

PS - the link you posted contains no evidence Moderator cut: deleted , just a photo of a veterinarian and four paragraphs by her on why she thinks the Bible is the cat's pajamas.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-07-2013 at 05:04 AM.. Reason: Insult directed at other member/OP.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:38 PM

Dead animals don't evolve

Old 04-06-2013, 07:39 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Dead animals don't evolve
For goodness' sake, JeeperZ. No, they don't. Animals that are born different in some way, and are more successful because of that difference, and procreate and are lucky enough to pass on those specific genes that are better for its environment/survival at that particular time, initiate a particular phase of evolution in that particular animal.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:42 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Default Then again...

Neither do brain-dead Creationists get any smarter. It seems from what they continue to post and claim, that they prefer to remain dumb and arrogant, not to mention distinctly uneducated and un-read.

It's obvious, JerZ, that our noisy hero here has so little undertsanding of the key elements of functioning Evolution that he could not define them for us if he was politely asked. NOTE: in order to actively and intelligently debate anything (bird's nest design, how toothpaste works, how to make a true Caesar's salad, or how Evolution actually functions..) you should have to have at least a passing understanding of exactly how it is supposed to work..

Sadly for Creationism, the wildly inaccurate mistakes this poster and others here continue to make tells us all we need to know: they get everything they re-parrot directly from some nonsense-filled Christian Creationist website, and they then happily take THAT to be the God's Gospel Truth, even though we can easily show it to be as full of holes as Swiss chesse. The sad fact that they then happily re-spewl it out as some sort of Fact, is pretty damning.

(Next Q: how do those holes get in the cheese, JeeperZ? Do you know anything at all?)

Keep it up. It's v. good for our side's argument when you continue to demonstrate that you cannot answer even the most basic of questions about, well heck.. anything! Specifically, I'm still waiting for your definitions of "proof", "evidence" and let's add in "the Scientific Method". G'head: make my day!

Last edited by rifleman; 04-06-2013 at 07:50 PM..

Old 04-06-2013, 08:34 PM

Francis Crick concluded that the earth must be older than 4 1/2 billions of years old

Show me a testable mathematical formula for such a wild "assumption"!

Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by june 7th; 04-07-2013 at 04:51 AM.. Reason: "Inappropriate language" via acronym.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 PM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Francis Crick concluded that the earth must be older than 4 1/2 billions of years old

Moderator cut: Orphaned
Math is not needed.....Testing recent meteorites which haven’t suffered much erosion is the method used.... Their interiors give an age that dates back to their formation at the beginning of the solar system. Nearly all meteorites have the same radiometric age, 4.56 billion years old. Therefore, the solar system, including the Earth, is about the same age.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-07-2013 at 04:52 AM..

Old 04-06-2013, 09:37 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:

Compelling Evidence - !
Jeeperz Creeperz!

Please learn what the word 'evidence' means.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:54 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
The fact that Jeeperz put Dawkins in the title trying to convince people it's Richard Dawkins, when it isn't, shows just how deceptive and dishonest creationists are to justify their lies.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-07-2013 at 05:14 AM..

Old 04-06-2013, 10:04 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:

Moderator cut: Orphaned
And you got this idea about Crick from a 'famous scientist' called "Jeremy I. Walker", who you claim wrote a book called In Six Days.

You got the author of the book wrong (It was John Ashton).

You got the name of your 'famous scientist' wrong (It was Jeremy L. Walter)

And you think an obscure mechanical engineer (Jeremy Walters) who no-one has ever heard of, can be classified as a 'famous scientist'.

BTW, your 'famous scientist', Jeremy, also calls Francis Crick the 'Crick demon'. LOL! How 'scientific' of him.

Jeremy L. Walter, Mechanical Engineering - Answers in Genesis

Last edited by june 7th; 04-07-2013 at 04:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality