Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 07:26 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,906,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
In a manner of speaking you are; however, not completely. You seem to expect us to accept your claim that your god exists based solely on your personal experiences, but you're not willing to accept others' claims of the existence of their gods based on their personal experiences. Do you not see the hypocrisy in this?
You see what Amaznjohn has written above Royalite? That is EXACTLY what I saying to you. If you believe that YOUR god is real because you have had personal experience of it then why do you not accept that other gods are real, based on the testimonies of personal experiences claimed by those who worship those gods. Amaznjohn got it spot on first time. You've had it explained to you half a dozen times and you still don't get it. It's sheer hypocrisy to say 'I know my god exists because I've spoken to him' but when someone else says the same about the god that they worship, you dismiss that.

Last edited by Rafius; 04-21-2013 at 08:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 07:27 AM

1,755 posts, read 3,006,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You see what Amaznjohn has written above Royalite? That is EXACTLY what I saying to you. If you believe that YOUR god is real because you have had personal experience of it then why do you not accept that other gods areal based on the testimonies of personal experiences claimed by those that worship those gods. Amaznjohn got it spot on first time. You had it explained to you half a dozen times and you still don't get it.
Somebody please?

Because I just can't...this is exhausting.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
Rafius, I really don't mean to be disrespectful with this question I promise, but is English your first language?
Yes it is ..and English proper too, rather than that strange dialect called 'American English'.

Quote:
I don't believe in the gods that others say they have had personal experience with because 1. I haven't had personal experience with them and 2. I feel no connection to those other gods.
Please it has been explained by Amaznjohn in post 209 and addressed again in post 211.

Quote:
And I understood the question. If I'm on a ferry to heaven and there is only one spot and those who don't get on the ferry will go to hell, would I give my spot up on the ferry? Yes. I would give my spot up on the ferry so some one else can go to heaven because I feel others as deserving as I am to enter into heaven.
Well I'm impressed that you would give your place in heaven to someone else and then trot off to be tortured for eternity in Hell. Bravo you!

Old 04-21-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Somebody please?

Because I just can't...this is exhausting.
Are you STILL not getting it lad??

Old 04-21-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Yes it is ..and English proper too, rather than that strange dialect called 'American English'.

Please it has been explained by Amaznjohn in post 209 and addressed again in post 211.

Well I'm impressed that you would give your place in heaven to someone else and then trot off to be tortured for eternity in Hell. Bravo you!
It's not hypocrisy for me to say I haven't had experience with those other gods and don't believe in them. And I keep saying to you that I don't expect you to believe in my God either. I can't impose that on you. I quoted the passage to Amaznjohn where I stated that over and over. It's not something I can impose on you and I keep saying that. So I am answering your question, but I think you want me to agree with you and I can't do that. God is real for me. He just doesn't seem to be for you.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:45 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,441,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson01 View Post
OKC Bombing
9/11
Sandy Hook
Boston
Aurora
Sikh Temple shooting
VA Tech
Columbine

Some God you Christians have.

If you dislike Christianity and God so much why in the world do you continue to post on this part of the forum? If you think your hate and anger and disbelief is going to change anyone who has absolute faith and belief in God you are WRONG.

Find a new place to troll and spew your hatred and anger there. By the way if you really comprehended the definition of "Free Will" you would actually understand.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Are you STILL not getting it lad??
So for me, if you witnessed a rape (let's go back to this) and did nothing, I would not get upset with God. I would be disappointed in you depending on the state of mind you were in because I believe God gave us the power to do something about our circumstances and our situations. That, to me, is the God in us. And so if you did nothing, I feel it would be on you. To me, you were the instrument by which God made himself manifest. You were given and ability to do something and you did nothing. So I see no point to anger with God.

And this goes back to statement I made about the terrorist attacks. They didn't just happen to the Christian or the Jew, it affected everyone regardless of their religious or non-religious beliefs. there is a situation, and it's something to be dealt with. Even if I were to blame God, how does that help with the rebuilding process? It does nothing. The point is the event happened and it's something to deal with.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
It's not hypocrisy for me to say I haven't had experience with those other gods and don't believe in them.
No folks...he still doesn't get it does he.

Quote:
So I am answering your question, ...
No you're not. Amaznjohn has told you are not answering it, I'm telling you that you are not answering. What are you not understanding about two people telling you that you've got it wrong. You are getting hung up on this 'I don't believe in other gods because I have not experienced them' but your personal experience with those other gods has nothing to do with it.

1. You say that your god is real because you believe that you have had a personal experience with your god.

2. Ranji in India says that his gods are real because he has had personal experience of them.

Now, if you think that your personal experience with your god is evidence for its existence, why don't you accept that Ranji's gods are real considering he has had exactly the same evidence for his gods (personal experience) as you have for yours....and if Ranji's evidence is not god enough, why is yours?

Old 04-21-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
No folks...he still doesn't get it does he.

No you're not. Amaznjohn has told you are not answering it, I'm telling you that you are not answering. What are you not understanding about two people telling you that you've got it wrong. You are getting hung up on this 'I don't believe in other gods because I have not experienced them' but your personal experience with those other gods has nothing to do with it.

1. You say that your god is real because you believe that you have had a personal experience with your god.

2. Ranji in India says that his gods are real because he has had personal experience of them.

Now, if you think that your personal experience with your god is evidence for its existence, why don't you accept that Ranji's gods are real considering he has had exactly the same evidence for his gods (personal experience) as you have for yours....and if Ranji's evidence is not god enough, why is yours?
I understand what you're asking me, but you're asking me to prove it to you which i cannot and this is why I said I cannot impose it on you. I know, for myself, that God is real.

Okay, alright, I'm done. This is ridiculous. Keep on, keeping on Rafius, we're just gonna have to move on from this.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
So for me, if you witnessed a rape (let's go back to this) and did nothing, I would not get upset with God. I would be disappointed in you depending on the state of mind you were in because I believe God gave us the power to do something about our circumstances and our situations. That, to me, is the God in us. And so if you did nothing, I feel it would be on you. To me, you were the instrument by which God made himself manifest. You were given and ability to do something and you did nothing. So I see no point to anger with God.
I answered this in post 169 with...
"..and if I failed to do my part, would your god intervene and act where I didn't?" You didn't answer. If I fail to 'do my part', why doesn't your god intervene instead of letting it happen. That's the problem with you Christians. You're always looking for somebody to blame rather that laying the blame firmly where it belongs...in the lap of your omnimax god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality