Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is evolutionary theory accurate?
Yes. I believe the evolutionary theory is accurate. 210 58.82%
Yes. But I think aspects of the theory is flawed. 58 16.25%
No. I think it's completely flawed. 18 5.04%
No. I believe in creationism. 65 18.21%
I don't know. 6 1.68%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 05:46 PM

389 posts, read 1,986,939 times

Advertisements

coz=because. and i have told you i have seen those fossils. i am not trying to argue here. i am merely stating my opinion. as i said i even believed that human evolved from neanderthals and cromagnon man. coz i was taught that on 5th grade. what do i know? i was only 11 that time. i just realized darwin's theory's flaw as i mature. and i was not even influenced by anything or anyone. i just pondered one day, how can they exist loong before God created man? i am not trolling. but if you think i am. suit yourself. my exhibit a that the fossils found might just be that of animals existing today:

take a look at rhinoceros:

http://www.ewtetalk.com/images/posts/rhinoceros.jpg

and a Triceratops:

Triceratops

they look oddly the same. and don't tell me rhinoceros evolved from
Triceratops. coz dinosaurs supposedly were extinct so how can they evolved if they were extinct.

Last edited by LBSer; 05-10-2008 at 06:41 PM..

Old 05-11-2008, 06:05 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSer View Post
it is?!! point me the verse. that dinosaur was mentioned. like i said fossils ive seen them. but are those fossils intact? coz as i can remember they are like just collected fossils scattered. it might just be fossils of animals still living today. im just saying.. and i doubt it is in the bible. so are you saying God created dinosaurs first, got tired of them made an asteroid hit the earth and then created man as read in genesis... im sorry im laughing here.
Dinosaurs existed at the same time man lived on the earth, yet they died off after the flood. Ancient art has revealed that early man saw dinosaurs and that is why we see pictures of them in their art work.

The Bible and Dinosaurs
Evidence that Humans and Dinosaurs co-existed: Dinosaurs in the Bible

Old 05-11-2008, 07:53 AM

33,555 posts, read 37,155,629 times
There was no great flood, and dinosaurs died off at the end of the cretaceous period 65 million years ago...You are once again depending on bible sites to "prove" your myths.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There was no great flood, and dinosaurs died off at the end of the cretaceous period 65 million years ago...You are once again depending on bible sites to "prove" your myths.
Actually the Book of Job in the Old Testament speaks of Dinosaurs, and it is common knowledge that ancient cultures had art work that depicted them. Also, there are the figurines of dinosaurs that were discovered at the foot of El Toro Mountain in Mexico back in the 1940s that showed us that ancient tribal people must of seen dinosaurs. Those figurines were carbon dated to over 1200 years old. My belief is based on facts, and those facts can be seen.
And like I have stated before, if dinosaurs died off 65 million years ago, why are they finding dinosaurs bones with soft tissue and stretchable tissues in them today. And if you recall, it was the Evolutionist that said we would never find soft tissue on dinosaur bones because soft tissue could not last 10,000 years. I would say the Bible was correct. I would say the ancient people and their art work is correct. And I would say it is Evolutionist that have been proven wrong again.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:37 AM

33,555 posts, read 37,155,629 times
There is nothing credible in the bible in my opinion...Certainly it cannot be used as proof of origins of species... The paleontologist and her colleagues removed mineral fragments from the interior of the femur by soaking it in a weak acid. The fossil dissolved, exposing a flexible, stretchy material and transparent vessels.

T. Rex Soft Tissue Found Preserved

Old 05-11-2008, 10:14 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,775,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Dinosaurs existed at the same time man lived on the earth, yet they died off after the flood. Ancient art has revealed that early man saw dinosaurs and that is why we see pictures of them in their art work.

The Bible and Dinosaurs
Evidence that Humans and Dinosaurs co-existed: Dinosaurs in the Bible
There is no scientific evidence to back that up. Early man undoubtedly discovered dinosaur skeletons and fossilized records and their imagination did the rest.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There is nothing credible in the bible in my opinion...Certainly it cannot be used as proof of origins of species... The paleontologist and her colleagues removed mineral fragments from the interior of the femur by soaking it in a weak acid. The fossil dissolved, exposing a flexible, stretchy material and transparent vessels.

T. Rex Soft Tissue Found Preserved
Thats because I doubt you know very much about the Bible. Not long ago skeptics use to say that the story of David and Israels two kingdoms was a Bible fable and a myth. However, in the summer of 1993, archaeologists excavating at Tel Dan found a fragment inscribed stone which revealed for the first time extra Biblical truth that David and Israels two Kingdoms really did exist, and has silenced the skeptics. The Bible is a Book that is always being confirmed, where as the Theory of Evolution is not. The Bible is a Book of truth, and what is written there in can be depended on as truthful.

Apologetics Press - "David” Has Been Found

Old 05-11-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
There is no scientific evidence to back that up. Early man undoubtedly discovered dinosaur skeletons and fossilized records and their imagination did the rest.
There is no scientific evidence to back up your claim. And how could early man accomplish this when modern man only learned of dinosaurs in the 1800s, let alone assemble them? Also, it was only in recent times that modern science found out that some dinosaurs had spines, yet the El Toro Mountain dinosaurs not only had spines, but they were placed on the Dinosaurs that we know only today had them. Also, the Bible speaks of Dinosaurs having scales for skin, only recently have they discovered a dinosaur that was mummfied, and this discovery has revealed to us that it did have scales for skin, which again comfirms the Biblical account.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:12 AM

681 posts, read 2,878,765 times
I am a college graduate with a degree in Applied Physics / Computer Software with a minor in Mathematics. I know my science... and I can debunk evolution from a purely scientific standpoint.

Common evolutionary theory states that humans evolved from apes... and that all species evolved from one common ancestor... that "first cell", as evolutionary scientists like to call it.

Evolutionists like to look at fossils and try to determine how a creature evolved over time... why not use humans as the example?

I remember seeing a pictorial timeline of how humans evolved from apes... across the commonly accepted "species" of hominid... Cro-Magnon man, Neanderthals, Homo erectus, and now we're Homo sapiens.

Evolutionary theory states that evolution happens for the betterment and/or improvement of a creature. So, let's assume that humans are an "improvement" over apes. I wouldn't disagree with that. I would, however, wonder why we still have apes... and humans... but none of those "in-between" stages.

Why do we not have "Cro-Magnons" today? Why do we not have "Neanderthals" today? The list goes on.

The way I see it, in order for Homo sapiens to fit the Darwinian theory of evolution, there would've had to have been a breakaway group of apes, like 10 million years ago or however long it was, that decided that being an ape sucks and they had to aim for improvement. To the best of my knowledge, the fossil record shows that apes and hominids coexisted together in the same geographical locations for all of those eons. Even if it didn't prove that, the two definitely coexist today in certain regions of the globe... and at just about any zoo.

So, that breakaway group of apes would've had to have started down the road toward improvement... and been able to attract not a single extra ape onto the evolutionary bandwagon as it chugged along. So, today, we have apes and Homo sapiens... and nothing in between.

The same can be said for any species which has supposedly "evolved" from some other species which still exists today in some form which is supposedly close to its prehistoric form.

I can't be the only person who thinks this is absolutely ridiculous!!!!

I do believe in adaptation of species... which some people call "evolution". I also believe in a species undergoing change due to various factors... some people call that evolution, and I do not. For example, 150 years ago, humans were, on average, about six inches shorter than they are today. I always marvel when I am at a museum and I look at clothing worn by people in the 1700s and 1800s... they were so TINY compared to people of today! Does that mean they were a different species? No... it means that today we have better understanding of proper nutrition and the medical practice has advanced significantly. People who eat better and get good medical treatment will grow up to be healthier and stronger than people who never eat properly (or enough) and don't get good medical treatment. That isn't evolution... it's just one step above common sense.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:29 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times
NWPAguy wrote:
Quote:
The way I see it, in order for Homo sapiens to fit the Darwinian theory of evolution, there would've had to have been a breakaway group of apes, like 10 million years ago or however long it was, that decided that being an ape sucks and they had to aim for improvement. To the best of my knowledge, the fossil record shows that apes and hominids coexisted together in the same geographical locations for all of those eons. Even if it didn't prove that, the two definitely coexist today in certain regions of the globe... and at just about any zoo.
You may have a scientific background but you apparently know very little about evolution. When someone says "if we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?" it's obvious that they don't understand that the branching out of a species into a variety of species is common in nature. The reason we still have monkeys and apes is because they are adapted to the environment that they live in. As early primates spread to various environments and became separate from each other they adapted and evolved to survive in the local environment that they happened to be located in. The great majority of organisms that have ever lived are now extinct and the same is true for primates that are living today. Many of the early primates did go extinct such as the Neanderthals but they were a branch of the early primate ancestral stock just like all living primates are, including human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality