Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 10:47 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
In the Koran and Hadiths, Muhammad had ordered the murders of those who spoke out against him. He set the standard. Over 60% of the Koran is hate spewing towards all non believers and, more specifically, Christians and Jews. Muhammad committed genocide against the Jews. He was a terrorist like Moses.
Well, I've never read the Koran, but if true, this is the answer to my question about what it is that makes Muslims more prone to violence than other religions of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 05:31 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,216,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I wonder why Muslims are prone to murder "for God" more than a lot of modern world religions? I've never understood that, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it seems like there is something within Islam that turns men into hotheads. Clearly many of them believe that God himself can "feel insulted".
Probably what we see is merely the result of more instantaneous news coverage. It is pretty evident, they are behind the curve of older religions and also a portal into what unbridled religious fanaticism can lead to.

This is and interesting photo summary of various religious atrocities dating from 1973

The problem I have with religion version 2.0 - Imgur

It does not paint a pretty picture. It is a pretty sad reminder of what has transpired in most of our lifetimes.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:00 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Probably what we see is merely the result of more instantaneous news coverage. It is pretty evident, they are behind the curve of older religions and also a portal into what unbridled religious fanaticism can lead to.

This is and interesting photo summary of various religious atrocities dating from 1973

It does not paint a pretty picture. It is a pretty sad reminder of what has transpired in most of our lifetimes.
Thanks for the link, Seeker.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:13 PM

20,024 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post

While sobering in broad strokes, this page has some questionable stuff on it. I don't know that Israel entering Lebanon and taking out 3 terrorists responsible for the Munich Olympics massacre is wrong or more than incidentally motivated by religion, unless his criteria includes knock-on effects of the original massacre which WAS religiously driven.

If I were putting something like this together I would leave out anything that was a stretch; there would still be plenty to ponder.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:53 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,216,945 times
Its not my content but found it interesting. It must have taken a lot of time to look up and create the collage. I am certain there are a lot more but I guess these were headline worthy events.

The admin at exC has been tracking sexual deviants claiming to be men of god and it is amazing just how far widespread (and global) it is, most of them are paedophiliac in nature and none of his recent finds include the RCC. Many of these stories have the congregation blaming the victims.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:50 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I wonder why Muslims are prone to murder "for God" more than a lot of modern world religions? I've never understood that, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it seems like there is something within Islam that turns men into hotheads. Clearly many of them believe that God himself can "feel insulted".
It was not that long ago when Christians did the same. Perhaps a secularization of society has softened that stance, Westboro Baptist notwithstanding.

Sent from my Nexus 4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality