Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2015, 06:01 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,643,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
and how do you know that his name was not Allah?

how do you know that prophet Adam peace be upon him did not use the name Allah?
The main Egyptian gods were were Ra, the Sun god, Aumen, the Creator god, and Isis, the mother goddess. Monhu, the "falcon god" -- meaning nomad in Egyptian changed from being the primary god to being the god of war.

There was even a change in gods during that time

(c. 2055–1650 BC). These Theban pharaohs initially promoted their patron god Monthu to national importance, but during the Middle Kingdom, he was eclipsed by the rising popularity of Amun.

After the rebellion of Thebes against the Hyksos and with the rule of Ahmose I, Amun acquired national importance, expressed in his fusion with the Sun god, Ra, as Amun-Ra.

All predating any Hebrew god stories.

Quote:
and who is the one who decided that such process should produce sound??
Physics. And for that matter, there is no sound in space as there is no air in space for the sound waves to vibrate off of.

Can you hear sounds in space? (Beginner) - Curious About Astronomy? Ask an Astronomer

My guess is your response is going to be "Who designed Physics?"

My answer is no one -- it's the physical laws Earth - our laws of physics are different than the physics on Jupiter or the moon.

You're going to say, it was the angels that designed Physics.

My answer -- no where in the Qur'an does it say that. It says angels create lighting. It is you who are now creating your own version of the Qur'an to fit the knowledge your world. You know better that lightning is sound waves. That's not disputable. So now, you need to invent or adapt a way to make ancient text fit modern science. Science that didn't exist back when it was written.

Last edited by caverunner17; 06-01-2015 at 06:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 06:14 AM

915 posts, read 1,667,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Just wondering ? I have been told that nothing can be created out of nothing so I am wondering how that squares up with this ? Did God just implode on the scene 6000 years ago and decided to create the world ?
No, He was always there. He wasn't created, He is the Creator. WE are created. He isn't one of us. He made us in His image- we are His little living dolls on earth, to do His will here. (And His will is the best- it's paradise actually) ... So don't try to compare Him to people, He is way beyond us , His realities are way beyond anything we know. We have been shown bits of knowledge necessary for us to know. He has revealed very important basic things in the Bible's Old and New Testaments, so read them. then speak to Him,-Almighty God, Yahveh, Father in Heaven- and ask Him your questions directly, through the Name of Christ (the Mediator/ Intervenor/Channel). because that's what He told us to do. He is the manufacturer, He gives the instructions. If you want to know anything, He is your source for all of it.
Be prepared...... because He does answer ! He does show people things that will astound you and blow your mind. Go out into a big nature park, spend the day with Him, seeking His presence and His revelations, He enlightens people!

Old 06-01-2015, 06:21 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,337,798 times
Quote:
and how do you know that his name was not Allah?

how do you know that prophet Adam peace be upon him did not use the name Allah?
Because it's neither in the Qu'ran or in the Bible. Since those books are the only window we have into the goings-on of Allah, Jehovah, Adam, et. al., anything outside of those book is just making stuff up.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:29 AM

23,177 posts, read 26,283,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bpurrfect View Post
Go out into a big nature park, spend the day with Him, seeking His presence and His revelations, He enlightens people!

You mean he can't be found in the middle of Times Square?

After all, concrete is made of just water and sand or gravel. Aren't these things of nature?
Lots of god's creatures....pigeons, rats, cats, cockroaches...

Old 06-01-2015, 06:30 AM

915 posts, read 1,667,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Actually, there is quite a bit of substantial proof that the matter, or should I say elements created, with the exception of hydrogen and helium was the work of supernovas via nuclear energy.

The question that should be asked is where did hydrogen and helium come from?
wait, you forgot, supernovas and nuclear energy. where did THEY come from?
I know the answer. And others on here do too.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:04 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,337,798 times
Quote:
No, He was always there. He wasn't created, He is the Creator. WE are created. He isn't one of us. He made us in His image- we are His little living dolls on earth, to do His will here.
Uh huh ... and you know this ... how, exactly?

Do you ever really think about what you believe?

Quote:
So don't try to compare Him to people, He is way beyond us , His realities are way beyond anything we know. We have been shown bits of knowledge necessary for us to know. He has revealed very important basic things in the Bible's Old and New Testaments, so read them.
Comparing God to a person is a logical thing to do considering a person - or several persons - made up the persona of God.

And since people can't seem to imagine a truly regal, good, dignified, and just God, they created Jehovah/Yahweh to be just another tribal god who acts like every other god that has ever been worshiped. There is very little deviation from the standard "god template" that human imagination seems to rely upon. Vain, narcissistic, petulant, impatient, easily angered, and with no respect for the beings he created, your god is like all the others.

How many people did God heal? How many poor folks did he help feed and clothe? Now ask yourself how many people did God murder?

Oh, and the New Testament doesn't really count for much. Those books are just the opinions of a human cult leader and his lieutenants claiming to speak for God. One way you can tell is because Jesus isn't scurrying around killing everyone or ordering his armies to commit genocide. If Jesus, Paul, or any of the other disciples were really tuning in to God's frequency, there would be a lot more violence and death because that is the only thing these primitive gods know.

Quote:
then speak to Him,-Almighty God, Yahveh, Father in Heaven- and ask Him your questions directly, through the Name of Christ (the Mediator/ Intervenor/Channel). because that's what He told us to do. He is the manufacturer, He gives the instructions. If you want to know anything, He is your source for all of it.
No thanks. If I want to know something, I'll go read a science book. If I have to rely on strange voices in my head, I might be told to kill pigeons and sprinkle their blood on me to cure some ailment. Or I might be told that bats are birds, spiders are insects, or painting spots on my goats will result in offspring with spotted fur. Yeah, I think I'll stick to real knowledge.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:17 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,705,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
The main Egyptian gods were were
Ra, the Sun god,
Aumen, the Creator god,
and Isis, the mother goddess.
Monhu, the "falcon god" -- meaning nomad in Egyptian changed from being the primary god to being the god of war.
There was even a change in gods during that time .

They said: Have you come to us that we may serve Allah alone and give up what our fathers used to serve?
Then bring to us what you threaten us with, if you are of the truthful ones.
He said: Indeed uncleanness and wrath from your Lord have lighted upon you;
what! do you dispute with me about names which you and your fathers have given?
Allah has not sent any authority for them; wait then, I too with you will be of those who wait The Holy Quran.

Quote:
Physics. And for that matter, there is no sound in space as there is no air
in space for the sound waves to vibrate off of. Can you hear sounds in space? (Beginner) - Curious About
Astronomy? Ask an Astronomer

My guess is your response is going to be "Who designed Physics?"My answer is no one -- it's the physical laws Earth - our laws of physics are
different than the physics on Jupiter or the moon. You're going to say, it was the angels that designed Physics. My answer -- no where in the Qur'an does it say that. It says angels create
lighting. It is you who are now creating your own version of the Qur'an to fit
the knowledge your world. You know better that lightning is sound waves. That's
not disputable. So now, you need to invent or adapt a way to make ancient text
fit modern science. Science that didn't exist back when it was written
(Pharaoh) said: "Who, then, O Moses, is the Lord of you two?"
He said: "Our Lord is He Who gave to each (created) thing its form and nature, and further, gave (it) guidance." The Holy Quran.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
They said: Have you come to us that we may serve Allah alone and give up what our fathers used to serve?
Then bring to us what you threaten us with, if you are of the truthful ones.
He said: Indeed uncleanness and wrath from your Lord have lighted upon you;
what! do you dispute with me about names which you and your fathers have given?
Allah has not sent any authority for them; wait then, I too with you will be of those who wait The Holy Quran.

(Pharaoh) said: "Who, then, O Moses, is the Lord of you two?"
He said: "Our Lord is He Who gave to each (created) thing its form and nature, and further, gave (it) guidance." The Holy Quran.
Part 1:
There were multiple gods in the ancient Egyptian religion. Polytheistic vs Monotheistic.

Part 2:

Surat Ar-Ra`d 13:13 And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault.

It clearly states here in the Qur'an how thunder is made. Unless you can, with a completely straight face tell me that all that "physics" stuff with air waves and heat is a bunch of lies, there is an error in the Qur'an.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:24 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,705,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
Part 1:
There were multiple gods in the ancient Egyptian religion. Polytheistic vs Monotheistic.
the thing that we should care about is the truth .
and the truth is there is only one true god and he is the creator and any other gods are inventions from man and they are valuable cards for the atheists.

Quote:
Part 2:
Surat Ar-Ra`d 13:13 And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of
Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends
thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute
about Allah ; and He is severe in assault.

It clearly states here in the Qur'an how thunder is made. Unless you can,
with a completely straight face tell me that all that "physics" stuff with air
waves and heat is a bunch of lies, there is an error in the Qur'an.
the verse does not describe how thunder is made .

the verse says that

And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him
and He [ Allah ] sends thunderbolts
and strikes therewith whom He [ Allah ] wills while they dispute about Allah ;
and He is severe in assault.

from the above 4 lines can you see now the line that you think it describe how the thunder is made?

Old 06-01-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
the thing that we should care about is the truth .
and the truth is there is only one true god and he is the creator and any other gods are inventions from man and they are valuable cards for the atheists.

the verse does not describe how thunder is made .

the verse says that

And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him
and He [ Allah ] sends thunderbolts
and strikes therewith whom He [ Allah ] wills while they dispute about Allah
;
and He is severe in assault.

from the above 4 lines can you see now the line that you think it describe how the thunder is made?
I'm sure if you were alive 4000 years ago in Egypt, you would be bowing down to Aumen, Ra, and Isis. If you say otherwise, you'd be lying because the Hebrew stories and god didn't exist back then.

"The religion of one age is the literary entertainment of the next" --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bolded. Thunder and lightning is not sent from the heavens. It's basic science that any elementary schooler can tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality