Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 10:09 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by ST1100
Quote:
At the risk of going off topic......you are making the mistake that most Xians make in attributing those messages to Jesus. Those messages, along with many of Jesus' other 'messages', were spoken by The Buddha, some 500 years before Xianity invented their Jesus.
Why are people so intend on focusing on the messenger instead of the message?

Who cares who said what and when.
Is what is being said true?
If so, then it doesn't matter who said what and when.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 10:24 AM

109 posts, read 205,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by ST1100 Why are people so intend on focusing on the messenger instead of the message?
Because IMO it's important to credit the original messenger with the message and not the messenger who plagiarised the message.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ST1100
Quote:
Because IMO it's important to credit the original messenger with the message and not the messenger who plagiarised the message.
So truth means nothing to you? Who cares if it was Buddha or Krishna or Jesus or Santa Claus who made you realize that life is all about sharing and not taking? The lesson is always more important than the teacher.

Originality is overrated anyways.
There are only a few original stories and the rest are all bad imitations.

Old 11-23-2007, 01:58 AM

109 posts, read 205,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
So truth means nothing to you?
Don't understand what you mean by this!

Quote:
Who cares if it was Buddha or Krishna or Jesus or Santa Claus who made you realize that life is all about sharing and not taking?
My point was that Xians consider that their Jesus was such a great man to teach such wonderful things. In reality, early Xians only plagiarised the teachings of The Buddha...... so let's give credit where it's due.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:51 AM

Quote:
My point was that Xians consider that their Jesus was such a great man to teach such wonderful things. In reality, early Xians only plagiarised the teachings of The Buddha...... so let's give credit where it's due.
I do not give a damn about credits.
So when 2 people come up with the same idea, completely separate in space and time you can only come to the conclusion that one must have stolen it from the other? That it is impossible to reach the same conclusion via a different route?

Do you know the difference between plagiarism and inspiration?
Muhammad, the prophet of the Muslims, knew that his revelations weren't original. He kept his revelations a secret and only confided in his wife Khadija and her cousin Waraq ibn Nawfal, a Christian. So do you think that Muhammad plagiarised the teachings of the Jews and the Christians?
He was only peeved about the fact that the Jews and the Christians wouldn't acknowledge him as a prophet simply because he was neither a Jew nor a Christian but an Arab. Although he preached the same religious lessons to the Arabs that the Jews and Christians separately taught to their own people.
Had they accepted him into their fold I believe that there would be no Islam.
I agree with Muhammad that the teachings are important and not the teacher.
For a time Muhammad actually believed that Judaism and Christianity were the same religion, because he only saw the similarities between the two. So he was shocked when he understood that Jews and Christians did not believe that they are following the same God.
I mean how could he know that Christians and Jews were actually at each others throat, because they both believe to have faith in God except that both their religion tells them that their God cannot be the same?

Old 11-23-2007, 08:13 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Then why do the christians continue to negate that this message came from anyone but Jesus?

After all their god invented everything and was the first to say everything and every holiday is solely based in christianity.

Maybe that's why.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by chielgirl
Quote:
Then why do the christians continue to negate that this message came from anyone but Jesus?
I dunno.
I don't consider myself a Christian.

Besides, religion is not my cup of thee anyway. I'm more into the workings of the human mind and conspiracies.
Personally I believe that it has more to do with the Roman Empire which usurped Christianity than the philosophy of Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality