Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 12:48 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,210,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
You are the one who raised the issues with this post.

Then you present a series of questions demanding that Chicago60614 answer them all, and all of them are related to the morality of homosexuality, not the morality of this particular situation.

Then you insist we "get back on topic."

You demonstrate zero self awareness here. That, or you wanted to do a hit and run post where you take a shot at homosexuality and get away with it by telling anyone who responds that he or she is off topic.

Either way, I'd say you owe the OP and Chicago apologies.
All I said was that it was a sad commentary on morality in this country. He took it from there and is trying to push his agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 01:15 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,154,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
All I said was that it was a sad commentary on morality in this country. He took it from there and is trying to push his agenda.
And are we supposed to think that your first sentence above doesn't represent your agenda? Can you never be honest?

You started this and it is up to you to stop it, and to do so by apologizing.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
And are we supposed to think that your first sentence above doesn't represent your agenda? Can you never be honest?

You started this and it is up to you to stop it, and to do so by apologizing.
Why would I apologize? People are acting as if the greatest travesty is that this kid wasn't told he was good and normal for desiring sexual intimacy with other boys. I find that sad. The fact is, it is a sad day in America when our school system encourages homosexuality.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:24 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times
Quote:
Why would I apologize? People are acting as if the greatest travesty is that this kid wasn't told he was good and normal for desiring sexual intimacy with other boys. I find that sad. The fact is, it is a sad day in America when our school system encourages homosexuality.
I find it much more sad that people with your antiquated, erroneous prejudices are given a pulpit to encourage others to share their wrongheadedness.

So when did you, your wife and your kids decide to be hetero? Did you have to wrestle with the decision - weigh all the pros and cons?

Old 11-05-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I find it much more sad that people with your antiquated, erroneous prejudices are given a pulpit to encourage others to share their wrongheadedness.
So something is wrong because it's old? Is that it?

What makes my view erroneous? I find it sad that people with your erroneous prejudices are able to encourage others to share their wrongheadedness...but that's the direction our society is going.
Quote:
So when did you, your wife and your kids decide to be hetero? Did you have to wrestle with the decision - weigh all the pros and cons?
We were born hetero. It's how God made us.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,227,954 times
Quote:
Maybe the school should just ban all bibles, then those deviant homosexuals won't be carrying one around.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, if he weren't being told he was going to burn in hell he might not have even had his bible at school?

Old 11-05-2013, 01:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times
Quote:

What makes my view erroneous? I find it sad that people with your erroneous prejudices are able to encourage others to share their wrongheadedness...but that's the direction our society is going.

Who made gays?

Old 11-05-2013, 01:34 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,227,954 times
Quote:

And I was born lesbian.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:36 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,154,081 times
Quote:
Why would I apologize? .
For highjacking the thread and for lying about it by trying to pretend that the poster who responded to your highjacking is at fault.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,210,848 times
Quote:
Let's see: the school told him he can't take his Bible to school and suspended him. And you've decided that means the school system encourages homosexuality? I had NO idea denying a student his right to carry his Bible was in ANY way linked to homosexuality. None. El zippo. (Do the gays know? Dang, lol, does TEXAS know? This will probably come as a HUGE shock to the Lone Star State. Mercy, George Bush might need to be revived upon hearing this news.)

Is there a "Fundamentalist Thought Pattern" manual available? Something we can all reference that explains how y'all start at "A" and wander off into the woods?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-05-2013 at 01:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality