Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2013, 06:20 AM

810 posts, read 1,449,978 times

Advertisements

Hello.

Once in a while I check in on Ms Miller's monthly horoscopes in Astrology Zone

(please don't complain about astrology please. it's entertaining like the lottery and much cheaper.)

but this last time it attacked me with an ad that not only demanded I participate in it before allowing me to continue, but when I ctrl-alt-del killed it and rebooted, it had assigned itself the startup page on my browser. I scanned with two antivirus programs and it went away.

This may be a one-time error or an aberration, but do be alerted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 06:27 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Thanks for the heads -up. There seems to be an increase in trojans and malware attaching themselves to all sorts of sites these days.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:59 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
That's a shame. I'd recommend staying away from the site.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:11 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Use astro.com instead. It is a much better site all the way around.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,357 times
This Astrology Zone page jump and browser hijack has been going on all of 2014. It is not possible to access the site without getting bombed by that page jump. This is evidence that whomever is at the helm of Susan Miller's profit generation is opting for a site known for spreading worms and trojans. I have not attempted to read or participate with her site for the entirety of 2014 because in January 2014 when I clicked on one of the Signs a second page opened that demanded I download some bogus reader and that page took over my web browser so that I had to reboot my laptop -- I heard from a friend in June that the same thing happened to her and I sent emails to the site in case the company had been hacked. I communicated with every department at the bottom of the home page but the hijacking has not been dealt with by anyone. Otherwise I read rumors that Ms Miller is ill and her illness has left her writing to apprentices and the business part of the site has been left to greed and skulduggery. I think that is sad as her style is so easy to read and she makes herself clear. As you stated -- it is entertaining. Not now though it puts your computer at risk. It is bordering on unethical baiting for profit.

Last edited by Chaplain Plato; 10-23-2014 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: misspelled words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality