Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 05:39 AM

30 posts, read 27,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
"Till all be fulfilled" is the operative phrase.

Refer to Luke 24: 44-46

44 Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.” 45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.
46 Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,

So there you have it. All was fulfilled.

And for your information, one has to be married to commit adultry.

Luke 24 makes my point even clearer , so all the laws ARE FULFILLED ! including the Old Testament , (although i don't believe in the alleged crucifixion) So every LAW of the OT MUST BE FULFILLED by you Christians , now if I bring laws to you like eating pork or alcohol or stoning or neglecting the false doctrine ( original sin ) are you going to apply ? the answer is no , we have a lot of Christians these days do not acknowledge that the bible is from God , they don't even follow its rules , however , my question still asks itself , why didn't the Jews stone Mary when they saw her holding Jesus and other case , What was their conversation with Mary ???
Many Christians do not believe that Jesus spoke in the cradle .. but The Holy Qur'an refers to that in detail ..
And no , unmarried and a virgin can commit adultery ! ..and The Jews did know that Mary was a virgin and they HAD TO ask themselves where did this child come from ? otherwise , If Jesus hadn't spoken in the cradle , his mother would have been stoned ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 07:26 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Ya gotta drop this obsession about Mary and stoning. Why?
Adultery was for the married. Not for the pregnant un wed mothers.
(As said earlier.)
Or
Where does it say their law said unwed mothers should be stoned.
(It's not my law, btw...I am an onlooker to what the Jews believed...I would
have been a Pagan or gypsy picking herbs back in that time!)

Old 02-01-2014, 07:54 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quranic Revelation View Post
Luke 24 makes my point even clearer , so all the laws ARE FULFILLED ! including the Old Testament , (although i don't believe in the alleged crucifixion) So every LAW of the OT MUST BE FULFILLED by you Christians , now if I bring laws to you like eating pork or alcohol or stoning or neglecting the false doctrine ......
Two points. Luke 24 talks about Jesus fulfilling what was written about the messiah to come. Not keeping the Law of Moses. Read Luke 24.

Second, drinking alcohol is very much allowed in the OT. Take the Passover Seder celebration. One drinks four cups of wine. Major Jewish event.

Deut 14:26 And you shall spend that money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen or sheep, for wine or similar drink, for whatever your heart desires; you shall eat there before the Lord your God, and you shall rejoice, you and your household.

Psalm 104:14-16
The Lord causes the grass to grow for the cattle,
And vegetation for the service of man,
That he may bring forth food from the earth,
And wine that makes glad the heart of man,
Oil to make his face shine,
And bread which strengthens man’s heart.
The trees of the Lord are full of sap,
The cedars of Lebanon which He planted,

Old 02-01-2014, 11:36 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,115,978 times
I wonder why this thread was moved out here when it was directed at christians in the christian forum?

Old 02-01-2014, 05:48 PM

6 posts, read 5,263 times
"I am not offending anyone here." I don't think people who offend people realize they are offending them.

Jesus, Lord of All.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:27 AM

247 posts, read 236,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysouthphilly View Post
"I am not offending anyone here." I don't think people who offend people realize they are offending them.
...pretty sure you could ask any observant Jew who has ever been in a room full of evangelical Christians to affirm this statement as true.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:39 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
But, as far as offending...that topic should be in psycholgy, bec I could
close a door or place my water glass on a table and it could offend someone.
It is in the one feeling offended that the feeling of offense occurs and is allowed.
The intention of the one closing the door, say, is what matters.

Ok, I'll start a topic on it in psychology, unless it has been done already.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:41 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quranic Revelation View Post
this is your own opinion many others scholars contradict you ...............
Joseph didn't sleep with Mary according to many of your scholars .
And the point you don't seem to be able to grasp is that there was no way for the rest of the Jews to know that Joseph was not the father; he married her and acted as if he were. Even the townspeople where they lived thought he was as witness comments made about Jesus' ministry by his former neighbors.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:58 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
What God intended, Religious waring. Theists can't even come to agreement with each other, and you wonder why so many people are becoming non believers. None of you know anything except what's been written by another human being. So you are arguing which opinion is true. Meaning, this debate could continue your entire life time and beyond. Why bother? Neither know who's going to the promised land, probably neither of you since clearly someone's lying. Trying to figure out which person wrote the fib after they are all already long long gone is a feat I doubt either side will accomplish. I mean, wouldn't someone have figured it out by now? It's like football, with no super bowl. You'll never know the winner, so why bother with the battle?

What you can agree on is that you don't know anything. Common ground people, common ground.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:00 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
I wonder why this thread was moved out here when it was directed at christians in the christian forum?
Because it is a religious battle of wits. It goes on and on my friend, it's the song that never ends. There is no end to a battle without facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality