Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 11:07 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,442,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack_ View Post
Actually, there's absolutely no evidence that that is the case. Even if there were, it would still not indicate that it was YOUR god who did the creating. There's many others to choose from. Some of which we've probably never heard of.

Evolution makes no statement about the origins of life. Evolution of species (in millions, not thousands of years) and the creation of all things by some divine being are not mutually exclusive concepts.

THAT's reality.
Evolution make no statement about the origins of life because it does not have an answer. Darwins shoved abiogenesis under the rug and todays evolutionary biologist are doing the same. Today, biologist are coming up with crazy ideas like the earth was seeded by aliens because they know that 4.5 billion years is not enough time in an evolutionary time scale for life to arise on earth.

Jesus Christ is reality.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:07 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,242,359 times
Originally Posted by Nikk
Quote:
I point to the truth
To a Nazi it can only be true that Arians are the master race. And the Nazis didn't condemn the Jews either, they just killed them.
And many American settler believed that the only good Indjun is a dead Indjun. They did not condemn the Native Americans either, they just stripped them from their cultural heritage, spirituality, land and other valuable possessions.
But like you they all believed to be pointing to the truth.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:18 AM

103 posts, read 92,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
They become gay the moment they succomb to that lifestyle. As soon as they stop they are no longer gay. They may wish to say "I was gay" but it is no longer their lifesyle.
I do understand gay people, first I have a friend who was gay and has left the gay lifestyle.
There is no such thing as the "gay lifestyle"

Quote:
Also, it is not my opinion whether being gay is wrong. It is God's law.
Which God?

Quote:
The scriptures are not open for reinterpretation.
But Christians do exactly that every day, to support and justify their personal views and agendas.

Quote:
The bible cannot be re-written. It is complete.
Completely full of holes and contradictions, yes.

And it has been rewritten. Several times. It is no longer true to the original.

Quote:
The answer is follow Jesus. Seek his forgiveness and turn from your wicked ways.
I followed Jesus but he got a restraining order placed against me for stalking.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:23 AM

103 posts, read 92,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Today, biologist are coming up with crazy ideas like theearth was seeded by aliens
Oh yes, and that is so much more crazier than the biblical account of creation (or any of the other far fetched stories).

Quote:
because they know that 4.5 billion years is not enough time in an evolutionary time scale for life to arise on earth.
Obviously it is plenty of time, since that is exactly what has occurred.

Quote:
Jesus Christ is reality.
Yes he is. He stopped by today and had tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality