Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 11:35 PM

28 posts, read 44,112 times

Advertisements

Jesus Christ justifies believers:

Rom 3:24,28;5:1;8:30;1 Cor 6:11;Gal 2:16,17;3:24.

What are the inevitable results when men, who reject Jesus Christ, attempt to justify their existence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 01:35 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,075,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquine View Post
Jesus Christ justifies believers:

Rom 3:24,28;5:1;8:30;1 Cor 6:11;Gal 2:16,17;3:24.

What are the inevitable results when men, who reject Jesus Christ, attempt to justify their existence?
What you mean to say is that "Paul's Letters to his Churches in various near Mediterranean cities" justify the right type of Bible-believers in their own minds.

Many false ideas and ideologies justify various foolish and mad pretenders.

But the truth is that many of these pretenders could barely begin to wrap their feeble and needy minds around what the concept of justification actually entails and implies.

justification is merely a fancy word for an ample excuse. And there can be so many seemingly good excuses.

I reject one lie as much as I reject another. The only sure and honest truth is Agnosticism; People need Agnosticism to ground them to the reality of their situation.

I do, however, wonder more about how self-assured spirits, such as gods who reject Karma, justify their existence. Do they think Might makes Right? Do they think the First are first? Do they think existence is possible without a space-time to exist within?

I guess it doesn't have to be thought about if it's too hard or can be easily excused with nonsense.

Quote:
Paul's Letter to a Church he was fleecing in Rome, Italy. (New International Version of the Christian Bible)

Chapter 3.

...snip...

21 But now (apart from the law) the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in [or "through the faithfulness of"] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement [The Greek for sacrifice of atonement refers to the atonement cover on the ark of the covenant (see Lev. 16:15,16).], through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

[End of Chapter 3]
That is clear shallow nonsense. There is no proof of this "justified by suicidal sacrifice freely but not really freely as it comes at a cost: Faith only but ALSO Works" nonsense. What is there to justify? What sort of real god can be injured?

And Paul and his "we" could maintain all they want, same as any random believer in any random thing, their stubbornness wouldn't make their false beliefs any less so.

Quote:

Paul and a friend's Letter to a Church they were fleecing at Corinth, Greece.

Chapter 6:7-11

7 The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? 8 Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers and sisters. 9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men [The words "men who have sex with men" translate two Greek words that refer to the "passive and active" participants in homosexual acts] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
More of the endless "preaching to the choir" nonsense that Paul's letters are prone to. Pure assertion without any real substantive proofs.

Quote:
Paul's Letter to a Church he was fleecing at Galatia, Turkey.

Chapter 2

...snip...

11 When Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13 The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.
14 When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel [referring to Jesus' yet unwritten message], I said to Cephas in front of them all, “You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

15 ---We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles 16 know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in [Or "but through the faithfulness of … justified on the basis of the faithfulness of"] Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.
17 But if, in seeking to be justified in Christ, we Jews find ourselves also among the sinners, doesn’t that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18 If I rebuild what I destroyed, then I really would be a lawbreaker.
19 For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!---

[Some interpreters end the chapter after verse 14, as 15-21 don't appear in some early versions.]

[End of Chapter 2]

Chapter 3

...snip...

19 Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. 20 A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but God is one.
21 Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. 22 But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.
23 Before the coming of this faith [or "before faith came"], we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.
26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Yet more random, unsubstantiated choir-preaching. What is Paul referring to in 3:22? Surely not the NIV of Roman Emperor Constantine's or King James of England's Bibles.

Is it faith in scriptures and writings? or faith in Christ Jesus? Is scripture merely a guardian during God's procrastination or is it the Scripture that Justifies?

So then, after all that, how do I justify my existence?
My existence is self-evident to me and to others. My life bears the fruits of true understanding, and is thus justified. It's all very scientific.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:06 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
Justify your existence

No.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:18 AM

27,633 posts, read 28,732,432 times
I live because I'm alive.

That's all the justification I need.

Everything else is details.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:23 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,833,000 times
No.

There is no onus upon me to justify existing.

I came to exist because of the actions of others. As such, those actions are not mine to justify.

I continue to exist in part because of the actions (or lack thereof) of others. Again, those actions (or lack thereof) are not mine to justify.

I also continue to exist because I actively perpetuate my existence.

This is due in part to an involuntary evolutionary drive to live at virtually all costs, and to my conscious desire to continue to live. If anything needs to be justified, it is your hypothetical argument that my existence is not justified. If you have such an argument, that's your problem, not mine. If you do not, then this thread was a waste of time (actually, it really was a waste of time anyway - but for different reasons).

Old 03-14-2014, 12:43 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
LOL!

That 'I' exist is an axiom.

As such it needs no justification.

To deny it would mean that one would engage in a fallacy of logic.

If I say or think - 'I do not exist' - then I must assume my own existence and actually exist in order to make such a claim.

NEXT!

P.S. Actually 'God' is just a metaphor and abstraction for the axiom of existence. It is from this axiom that I can justify anything a theist can just without the need for a 'God.'

Old 03-14-2014, 12:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times
Why?

Are you being asked to justify YOUR existence? If so, you might want to start chipping in on the food, rent and cable bill.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:56 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
LOL!

That 'I' exist is an axiom.

As such it needs no justification.

To deny it would mean that one would engage in a fallacy of logic.

If I say or think - 'I do not exist' - then I must assume my own existence and actually exist in order to make such a claim.
So to answer the OP's question:

'What are the inevitable results when men, who reject Jesus Christ, attempt to justify their existence?'

LOGICAL CONSISTENCY!

Old 03-14-2014, 12:59 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,066,877 times
I don't need to justify my existence any more than my toaster does. I exist and that is all that is necessary.

Why do you think anybody needs to justify their existence, and to whom?

Old 03-14-2014, 01:14 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,220,345 times
Justify your existence

I AM: therefore I think
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality