Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 07:39 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Do you think anyone has? Really? ALL the possibilities for the God who you believe is INFINITE?
We're not talking about any particular god, or what that god can or cannot do. Rather, does TroutDude know as much as he claims? Does his NDE give him a "leg up" on the rest of us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 07:43 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
We're not talking about any particular god, or what that god can or cannot do. Rather, does TroutDude know as much as he claims? Does his NDE give him a "leg up" on the rest of us?
No, I'm not talking about TroutDude. I'm asking you a question: Do you think ANYONE has seen all the possibilities, based on the fact that you believe in a God that is infinite?

Old 06-15-2014, 09:01 PM

472 posts, read 385,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
(This question obviously does not apply to people who grew up in an entirely different religious system and converted)

Do you feel blessed or lucky that you were born into the right family and congregation, so that you were exposed to God's Truth? Whereas 95+% of the world is believing man-made lies, and need to be missionized to, and learn to accept the Truth, you grew up with the correct faith, and only had to "confirm" it once you became old enough to think for yourself?

Think about how entrenched the 95+% are in their beliefs, having been raised on fairy tales and false interpretations, and how it would take a lot of effort to undo all the falsehoods of their belief systems that they've accepted for decades. One bad missionary experience might turn them off from the Truth and lead them to hellfire!

My friend, many on here have given you the correct answer. If your religion is based on the Bible, and teaches Hell Fire...you should look about you, and read your Bible. Here are three scriptures from the bible that show the condition of the dead;

Ec 9:5
Ps 146:3
John 11: 11-14
I can give you many more if you like...they all show the dead are asleep in the grave...no fire, no nothing.
If your religion teaches Hell Fire, you should check their other teachings.
This is not to take you away from God, but help you get closer to his truth

Old 06-15-2014, 09:29 PM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Do you feel blessed or lucky that you were born into the right family and congregation, so that you were exposed to God's Truth?
No. I feel lucky that I have learned to question religion and the claims of religious truth.

I feel lucky to be agnostic and atheist.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:36 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
(This question obviously does not apply to people who grew up in an entirely different religious system and converted)

Do you feel blessed or lucky that you were born into the right family and congregation, so that you were exposed to God's Truth? Whereas 95+% of the world is believing man-made lies, and need to be missionized to, and learn to accept the Truth, you grew up with the correct faith, and only had to "confirm" it once you became old enough to think for yourself?

Think about how entrenched the 95+% are in their beliefs, having been raised on fairy tales and false interpretations, and how it would take a lot of effort to undo all the falsehoods of their belief systems that they've accepted for decades. One bad missionary experience might turn them off from the Truth and lead them to hellfire!

Tell me what is the "correct faith" to you? Is it a specific Religion? A specific Religion that is actually man made? A specific Religion that is so self absorbed that it refuses to acknowledge that other Religions that are also man made are the "correct faith" for those who believe in that Religion?

I was born exactly where God wanted me to be born, that is what I believe and that is good enough for me.
What you or any other human thinks about it is not my concern and if you have issues with my Religion, my beliefs or where I was placed on this planet as far as family and church goes............

Take it up with God, explain your position, explain why he is wrong about me and where I belong, explain why you are right about me and where I belong, then get back to me and let me know what God tells you.

If I was one to gamble I would wager that God will as politely as God can tell you to mind your own business and quit trying to be God.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:53 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
No, I'm not talking about TroutDude. I'm asking you a question: Do you think ANYONE has seen all the possibilities, based on the fact that youbelieve in a God that is infinite?
I am. He claims to be sure about certain gods. I'm not buying it. Other NDE's refute what he says. Who are we to believe?

Old 06-16-2014, 09:08 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I am. He claims to be sure about certain gods. I'm not buying it. Other NDE's refute what he says. Who are we to believe?

I'm not stopping you from talking to Trout. I'm asking you a question based on your own belief that God is infinite -- can anyone have seen all the possibilities? I'll assume you don't want to answer it. No biggie.

Each of us can only hold onto what makes sense to us as truth, as I see it. And if we have courage, we can discard the things we once thought were true that have been proven not to be, through experience or simple common sense. But to think that we are aware of the whole truth and nothing but the truth regarding the Foundation of our reality, when we can't even fathom how large our reality is, doesn't seem rational.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:25 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,830 times
Quote:

When I was a Christian, I felt lucky that I was born into a Baptist denomination instead of Penticoastal. Because speaking in tongues is something that wasn't going to go well with my nature, and I would probably stand out as the only one who doesn't speak in tongues (and that's no picnic).

And I am lucky now also that I am not a Christian anymore and that I don't have to live under the bondage of belief in hell and judgement and all that makes you feel guilty all the time.

I am free!

Old 06-16-2014, 03:39 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Quote:
Think about how entrenched the 95+% are in their beliefs, having been raised on fairy tales and false interpretations, and how it would take a lot of effort to undo all the falsehoods of their belief systems that they've accepted for decades.
OK, I thought about it.

Now what am I supposed to do?

Old 06-16-2014, 03:41 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Tell me what is the "correct faith" to you?
The correct belief is to be an Atheist who tries to live by the Golden Rule.

Any more questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality