Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 11:02 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times

Advertisements

Foolishness is putting one's faith in religion claims that are not only unsupported by good evidence but seem to be discredited by it.

It is also foolishness to argue that somehow science should be regarded as less valid that faith -claims because the world is screwed up.

Well well, last I heard atheists were in the tiny minority and the religious were running everything. But any screw -ups have to be blamed on science. Science, chum is a tool. It gives you facts, like chemistry, aeronautics and nuclear fission. What is done with them is down to the people who run the show and, asd I say, if atheists are as insignificant as the theists like to claim, who is really to blame for the screw -ups?

Not only foolish, but crafty and dishonest, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 11:26 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,938,908 times
The worldly aspect of man's creations may seem wise in his own mind but are really his demise. God sees things from a Heavenly perspective, He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for us, some see this as nothing or of real no importance the one with Holy Spirit will understand God's ways as He is wise in God's eyes. The person with the Holy Spirit has the power even though he may seem weak to other man he is very strong because he has the link to Heaven. The foolish is always the one outside looking in as they won't recognize God's importance, they will be caught up in worldly things a folly in itself

Old 06-16-2014, 11:38 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,109,095 times
Beyond "I believe in God and everyone who doesn't agree is a fool".....what is the point of this thread? What distinguishes this from assertion plus insult?

Old 06-16-2014, 11:58 AM

472 posts, read 385,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Foolishness is putting one's faith in religion claims that are not only unsupported by good evidence but seem to be discredited by it.

It is also foolishness to argue that somehow science should be regarded as less valid that faith -claims because the world is screwed up.

Well well, last I heard atheists were in the tiny minority and the religious were running everything. But any screw -ups have to be blamed on science. Science, chum is a tool. It gives you facts, like chemistry, aeronautics and nuclear fission. What is done with them is down to the people who run the show and, asd I say, if atheists are as insignificant as the theists like to claim, who is really to blame for the screw -ups?

Not only foolish, but crafty and dishonest, too.
Satan has done a great job of turning people away from God. Satan knows man well. Satan builds, and controls all religions...he uses these to turn people away from God.
Those who believe, and serve God are not a part of any religion. It is true to say many are deceived into believing religions are from Gods. Do not be fooled. Examine your religion against the Bible.

Old 06-16-2014, 12:19 PM

Well, if anything perry and dominic have just underlined my case. Faith -claims about Jesus and Satan are proffered as solid, believable, life -changing fact. Any suggestion of questioning this is dismissed 'Don't be fooled'.

I don't ask anyone to take my word for it, but I do ask people to use their powers of reasoning and leave faith to those who prefer it to evidence.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Well, if anything perry and dominic have just underlined my case. Faith -claims about Jesus and Satan are proffered as solid, believable, life -changing fact. Any suggestion of questioning this is dismissed 'Don't be fooled'.

I don't ask anyone to take my word for it, but I do ask people to use their powers of reasoning and leave faith to those who prefer it to evidence.

To believe in God takes a lot of reasining, searching science, and everything else we can put our fingers on...it's not a path for the lazy.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
To believe in God takes a lot of reasining, searching science, and everything else we can put our fingers on...it's not a path for the lazy.
If one is going to use reasoning and evidence in the search for God rather than faith, well and good. That's what these debates are about, But, if you are going to do that, do it right, not fiddling it to give the result that is wanted.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:47 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,938,908 times
Faith is what I have , evidence of God is in the bible and the Holy Spirit that dwells within me, these are powerful tools. If any one does not have these tools, they are worldly, foolish' looking for Science to refute things about God. These are things that divide people and partly what was happening at Corinth. It may seem wise to put our trust in man but soon find out that it is folly, we need only to put our complete trust in God, He is our power and wisdom.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:49 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,691,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
Joyce Meyer, a successful evangelist, respected by many in the religious community, disagrees with you:

Quote:
I was a person who was heavily into reasoning, always trying to figure out the “why” behind something and planning excessively for what was ahead. But one day God required me to give it up.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Joyce Meyer, a successful evangelist, respected by many in the religious community, disagrees with you:

Yes I understand Joyce Meyer has made a good business of it. We who follow Jesus have to do it for free.
Jesus said, "You get it freely, give it freely."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality