Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 09:44 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,382,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
You have a lot of misconceptions stored in your arsenal.
Nope. But I have the rebuttal to a hell of a lot of them there. And alas "Evolution".... especially from the user jeffbase..... is a subject that many users bring misconceptions to bear on.

Quote:
You are confused to think that science is the only truth exists.
Did I make any such claim?

Can you quote me making any such claim?

No and no will be the answers in that order.

So when you are finished going from thread to thread putting words and positions into my mouth that I never once espoused.... you might deign to reply to the things I ACTUALLY SAID instead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 09:48 AM

689 posts, read 550,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Did I make any such claim?
You did. That's when you asked for substantial evidence, as evidence are simply absent for certain kinds of truths, beside science (and I doubt that you know what it is).

Old 06-20-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
You did.
No I did not. Anywhere. Ever. But by all means quote where I did.

Come on. Show it.

Show me the exact place I claimed that science is the only truth that exists.

Quote it for all to see.

Or admit the lie.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
No I did not. Anywhere. Ever. But by all means quote where I did.

Come on. Show it.

Show me the exact place I claimed that science is the only truth that exists.

Quote it for all to see.

Or admit the lie.
Well to put another way, if science is not the only truth. Then there are other truths and not all truths can be supported by substantial evidence. They are not fictions at the same time.

Here's the quote.

Quote:
...evidence, data and reasoning is that in fact there is no god and prayer does nothing

Here you sound as if the answering of prayer is a science for you to examine its evidence. Evidence may not be available even in the case that it is a truth. That's the situation! To me, you are mistakenly think that every truth should be as evident as a science in order to be a truth. That remains your misconception.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Well to put another way
So not only can you NOT quote me saying what you falsely claimed I did. You now want to "put it another way".

Again you claimed "You are confused to think that science is the only truth exists." and I am asking you to quote a single post ANYWHERE where I ever claimed such a thing.

Quote:
Here's the quote.
No. Nothing in that quote is the same as what you just claimed I said. So either find the real quote or retract your outright lie son.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
No. Nothing in that quote is the same as what you just claimed I said. So either find the real quote or retract your outright lie son.
Yes. and here's what I meant to say.

Here you sound as if the answering of prayer is a science for you to examine its evidence. Evidence may not be available even in the case that it is a truth. That's the situation! To me, you are mistakenly think that every truth should be as evident as a science in order to be a truth. That remains your misconception.

Clear?

Old 06-20-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Here you sound as if the answering of prayer is a science for you to examine its evidence.
I said "argument, evidence, data OR reasoning". I gave 4 huge categories there.

Yet someone how you twisted this into me saying "science is the only truth exists." when I never once in my life claimed any such thing and when I asked you to quote me saying something of this sort you have simply flapped about and refused to retract the lie.

Somehow when I say "ANY arguments, data, evidence OR reasoning" you manage to ignore this entire sentence and make it all about science.... when I never imposed such limitations.

You are just misrepresenting and lying about my position and simply can not quote me saying what you claimed I said.... because I never said it.

Quote:
Clear?
Nope. The only thing that is still clear is you are attacking things I never said and claiming I said things I never said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality