Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 10:47 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,242,543 times

Advertisements

I believe the spirits who visit people are fallen angels (or demons). People have to invite them in, in order to have contact with them because they are kept on a leash by God. Sometimes they aren't invited, but indwell people who are vulnerable (lack relationship with the Lord through the Holy Spirit). I have an (acquaintance I should say) who is pagan and has fun with it. She has a spirit that she sees and talks to. This spirit recently informed her that it's been watching her for awhile. She doesn't seem worried about it.

I believe if you don't have a healthy relationship with the Lord through the Holy Spirit, which is the only true benevolent spirit because it's of God, other hostile spirits tend to want to occupy your mind. You can meditate on nature, entertain positive thoughts, practice love and service, but if you don't have the Holy Spirit indwelling, taking up space and feeding it with the Word of God, other spirits will come in.

Matthew 12:44 When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 12:11 PM

689 posts, read 550,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I believe the spirits who visit people are fallen angels (or demons). People have to invite them in, in order to have contact with them because they are kept on a leash by God.
I believe that fallen angels are chained in a 'deeper' (darker) level of Hades called the Abyss or pit. However, some of them may somehow wander off that area and stay in the human soul area where they can cast a stronger influence to humans on earth.

Revelation 17:8
The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

It describes that when a fallen angel once was in the Abyss, now it is not there, and it will some day come out again from the Abyss......

They are chained in the Abyss, somehow wander off, put again to the Abyss and will come out again.

Revelation 20:3
He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations...

They don't have much influence to earth when chained in the Abyss. Only when they come out, they can cast strong influence to humans.

I believe that demons can be something else. The Bible mentioned that "the sons of god" took humans' daughters as wives to give birth to the giants. The Book of Enoch also hinted (if I recall correctly) that demons may possibly be the souls of those human-like creatures.

Wicked souls refer to those unsaved in Hades.

Evil spirits may refer to those wicked souls or demons hired and trained by the escaping fallen angels. They may have some specialties (learned from fallen angels) in interacting with humans on earth.

I agree with you that they are generally strictly forbidden to show up to humans, unless somehow 'invited' by humans. As humans have the freedom to sin (breaking laws). God gives humans the freedom to choose to sin on earth, including the invitations of supernatural entities. Invitations can be achieved through the different means we may or may not be aware of, including things like playing demon board games, religious rituals, visiting psychics, practicing witchcraft, various kinds of meditations and so forth.

From my speculations and study, there could be 4 ways you may have a contact with those supernatural entities.

1. Invitation by humans, with or without their own awareness
As mentioned above.

2. Born to be so
You can contact 'ghosts' and the like basically because your soul somehow is not well combined with your body, that your soul can thus perceive stuff out of your body. I knew of guys who 'see ghosts' on a regular basis.

3. due to a health problem
When one's health (mentally speaking) has a problem, his soul may not be well contained in his body for a short while during which he may 'see the ghosts'. It's more like an accident.

4. well, God chooses to let you know
It's a supernatural experience granted.

Last edited by Hawkins; 06-19-2014 at 12:37 PM..

Old 06-19-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Fascinating reply. I agree mostly with your comments. I believe man is made up of body, soul and spirit.
I said so because I saw so. I saw so even before I acquired the related Christianity concepts. I was raised an atheist with nearly zero biblical knowledge till the experience came.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:55 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,348,988 times
Let's include this on the thread. I was looking for 'pictures of ghosts,' and found this interesting article, with lots of ghost pictures.

When Cameras Took Pictures of Ghosts - Megan Garber - The Atlantic

Old 06-19-2014, 02:38 PM

5,857 posts, read 5,304,187 times
I do believe in spooks. I do, I do, I do believe in spooks.

Yes, I believe in ghosts & spirits. As Shakespeare once wrote, "There are more things in heaven & earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." I can't say that I have SEEN a ghost per say, but I have felt presences. I have been told that our house is haunted but as of yet, we haven't noticed any thing unusual. But, we have only been here for about a month.

Cat

Old 06-19-2014, 03:27 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,756,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
I said so because I saw so. I saw so even before I acquired the related Christianity concepts. I was raised an atheist with nearly zero biblical knowledge till the experience came.

Can you elaborate exactly what your experience was?

Old 06-20-2014, 04:04 AM

172 posts, read 274,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
Do you believe in ghosts/spirits?

Has the Holy Ghost ever appeared onto you with a message?

Have any other departed ghosts/spirits, dearly or otherwise, ever made their presence known to you?

Has science found anything to show that such a thing exists?

If you don't want to answer any of those questions, maybe you can just tell us what you think about ghosts (aka spirits) in general.
Yes ghosts are real and they do some weird stuff. Hope you dont see 1 in this lifetime.

Last edited by CDJudge; 06-20-2014 at 04:14 AM.. Reason: language

Old 06-20-2014, 05:25 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,348,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJudge View Post
Yes ghosts are real and they do some weird stuff. Hope you dont see 1 in this lifetime.
Have you seen one? Please tell us about it.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Can you elaborate exactly what your experience was?
It is commonly referred to as an NDE. But mine is a unique one because the main event occurred right after the NDE when I was fully conscious (as confirmed by 4 doctors).

2 Corinthians 12:2
I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows.

That's the situation. Not only that I heard the wicked talking, but also that I met with a cherub face to face over 40 minutes. I didn't have any biblical knowledge to tell what it is by then. I figured out later that it's a cherub, and I believe that most likely what I saw is,

Isaiah 14:15-17
15 But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit.
16 Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: “Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble,
17 the man who made the world a wilderness, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?”

To simply put, I was dead then raised back yet my soul wasn't fully combined with the body. Thus I was still half in Hades. At the same time I was left with a bunch of clues for me to figure things out which others may not be able to.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:17 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,387,301 times
Quote:
Do you believe in ghosts/spirits?
No.

Quote:
Has the Holy Ghost ever appeared onto you with a message?
No.

Quote:
Have any other departed ghosts/spirits, dearly or otherwise, ever made their presence known to you?
No.

Quote:
Has science found anything to show that such a thing exists?
To my knowledge.... extensive but still limited as it is.... no. Nothing.

Quote:
tell us what you think about ghosts (aka spirits) in general.
Unsubstantiated nonsense that should be confined to fiction and film.

Quote:
I believe man is made up of body, soul and spirit.
But aside from the fact that you believe it.... does the notion have any substantiation whatsoever? Or you just believe it well..... "just because" like much of your writing on here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality