Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 03:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
My fave so far is the one about the dinosaur and human footprints.
I forgot about that one. Perhaps the History forum?

But, fer sure Dude, brother domenic should be sharing his knowledge about scientists on the Science forum. If we know so little about scientists..... they're probably really in need of dom's..... ummmm...... special knowledge.

They might even need to find out about God and Einstein. Probably a bunch of overly-educated godless heathens over there.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-24-2014 at 03:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 03:32 PM

472 posts, read 385,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I forgot about that one. Perhaps the History forum?

But, fer sure Dude, brother domenic should be sharing his knowledge about scientists on the Science forum. If we know so little about scientists..... they're probably really in need of dom's..... ummmm...... special knowledge.

They might even need to find out about God and Einstein. Probably a bunch of overly-educated heathens over there.
All Christians are stupid, and you none believers have it right. I wish it didn't matter to God what side of the line you guys are on...but I know it does. I don't mind being called stupid, and other names...I do know God gets upset when people call him names.

There is much on the net that says Albert's first wife came up with EMC sq'ed. Look it up if you want, or don't if you want...I don't care...talking to you guys is a waste of time.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
you none believers have it right.
Ummm..... I'm a Christian. And I was educated by actual scientists. Which means "it's on the internet" carries zero weight with me.

It's also why I think the beliefs you espouse are

Old 06-24-2014, 03:40 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
All Christians are stupid, and you none believers have it right. I wish it didn't matter to God what side of the line you guys are on...but I know it does. I don't mind being called stupid, and other names...I do know God gets upset when people call him names.

There is much on the net that says Albert's first wife came up with EMC sq'ed. Look it up if you want, or don't if you want...I don't care...talking to you guys is a waste of time.
Yes it is, because we require facts and evidence when you make claims and assertions. For the record, nobody stated that you or anyone is stupid, only ignorant of the facts about science, the subject against which you are debating. Knowledge of the subject matter eliminates this perception and gives one more credibility during a discussion. You've displayed just the opposite and had hurt your arguments and your cause.

If you could provide some names that your God gets upset about, I will give them a try and let you know the results. If nothing happens to me, would you be willing to withdraw your claim?

Old 06-24-2014, 03:44 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:

Actually, Einstein bargained with his first wife. If she would agree to divorce him, he agreed to give her the money from a Nobel Prize. It had nothing directly to do with the development of his General Theory of Relativity.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:11 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Science - Here are the facts, now what conclusions can we draw from them?

Myths - Here are the conclusions, now what facts can we find to support them?

Old 06-24-2014, 04:15 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,448,503 times
Quote:

You see, that's the thing. There is much that says a lot of things. Anything, really. But we have to sift through the information, consider the source, examine the evidence, and then make a judgment. If you believe something because it's written or because it fits in with your framework, you will only ever find truth inadvertently.

So what makes you believe what you read over what I posted on the Einstein/wife matter?

Old 06-24-2014, 06:14 PM

472 posts, read 385,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Yes it is, because we require facts and evidence when you make claims and assertions. For the record, nobody stated that you or anyone is stupid, only ignorant of the facts about science, the subject against which you are debating. Knowledge of the subject matter eliminates this perception and gives one more credibility during a discussion. You've displayed just the opposite and had hurt your arguments and your cause.

If you could provide some names that your God gets upset about, I will give them a try and let you know the results. If nothing happens to me, would you be willing to withdraw your claim?
You have already made your stand against him. As to him doing something to you. He will do what he will in his good time. The scriptures say the days of our lives are 70 years, and 80 if of special mightiness. Our time in this life will be over before you know it. Those who huff, and puff, and make joke of God will pass away and be forgotten. Pray you are not alive when his son Jesus comes.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:47 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
You have already made your stand against him. As to him doing something to you. He will do what he will in his good time. The scriptures say the days of our lives are 70 years, and 80 if of special mightiness. Our time in this life will be over before you know it. Those who huff, and puff, and make joke of God will pass away and be forgotten. Pray you are not alive when his son Jesus comes.
I doubt that the scriptures say this, but if they do this demonstrates the inaccuracy of the scriptures since many, including many atheists, live much longer than 80 years.

Also, why would I pray to some entity that I deny exists?

Old 06-24-2014, 09:29 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I doubt that the scriptures say this, but if they do this demonstrates the inaccuracy of the scriptures since many, including many atheists, live much longer than 80 years.

Also, why would I pray to some entity that I deny exists?
I think s/he is simply (as is often done) using the word "pray" interchangeably with "hope" since they both show the same level of power and influence in the real world. One would often think that praying would get people more involved in a subject than hoping, but that is probably not always nor mostly the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality