Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 12:24 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Your movie seems to suggest that a secular society MUST and WILL become this
hate-filled civilization fueled by rage, bigotry, and murder. It's propaganda
and, unfortunately, you may have swallowed a little too much of it.
Fishbrains says 'pathetic' for bringing the move film up......I'd suggest it's a legitimate and interesting topic. Would be in my class on the 'theological and secular'.

And regrading the opening quote I noted above'

I DO NOT think secular society MUST and WILL become this hate-filled civilization fuled by rage, bigotry and murder'....it's propaganda'...

I'm simply reporting on a fictional aspect of behavior under some certain circumstances and noted it was an 'exploration'.

So was that morality shown in the film by the athesist 'good' or 'bad' or ...like in the Crayola color...a gray area? Maybe it doesn' count because it's simply a film, eh? I have to tell ya it cause 'harm'. And was that a possible look at 'secular' morality? Or bumpkis? Can't happen there????? Me, I don't know. All I got is questions kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 12:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
All I got is questions kids.
You and Vizio should get together. You have a lot in common.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:40 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,742 times
^
?????????

Old 09-17-2014, 12:40 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You and Vizio should get together. You have a lot in common.
I'm not the one that is starting threads to rip into the morality of God's commands while being incapable of defining what is and isn't moral.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:54 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,422,866 times
Christians are COMPLETELY unable to comprehend that morality could exist without their version of God. Yet their version of morality is based purely off of fear, not doing good. If you talk to a Christian it always comes down to hell. That's the go to point in their debates. Morality in their mind equals, if you don't believe in Jesus you go to hell. Yet they fail to actually ACT like the Jesus in the book. If you acted like Jesus and worried a lot less about whether or not youre going to burn alive forever (because that's totally a God I want to worship, then maybe Id take your lectures on morality a little more seriously.

Now me, I do good because I don't like doing harm to people. I do good because I like to HELP people. I like to lift up rather than tear down. I like to heal rather than to wound. THAT is morality, and it is completely foreign to every backstabbing, gossiping, preachy, fear driven Christian that Ive ever met.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:55 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm not the one that is starting threads to rip into the morality of God's commands while being incapable of defining what is and isn't moral.
People have answered you but you refuse to answer them. You may not like those answers and find them inadequate but that is the same with your answer - god. Stop with the misrepresentations of people's posts and your arrogance that you somehow sit as some judge that does not need to answer anything.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:16 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
People have answered you but you refuse to answer them. You may not like those answers and find them inadequate but that is the same with your answer - god. Stop with the misrepresentations of people's posts and your arrogance that you somehow sit as some judge that does not need to answer anything.

Who has defined the objective morality that is more than just an opinion? I haven't seen it. Can you point me to that? Please do before it gets to 1000. That would be tragic if, after 1000 posts no one was able to do so.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:17 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Christians are COMPLETELY unable to comprehend that morality could exist without their version of God. Yet their version of morality is based purely off of fear, not doing good. If you talk to a Christian it always comes down to hell. That's the go to point in their debates. Morality in their mind equals, if you don't believe in Jesus you go to hell. Yet they fail to actually ACT like the Jesus in the book. If you acted like Jesus and worried a lot less about whether or not youre going to burn alive forever (because that's totally a God I want to worship, then maybe Id take your lectures on morality a little more seriously.

Now me, I do good because I don't like doing harm to people. I do good because I like to HELP people. I like to lift up rather than tear down. I like to heal rather than to wound. THAT is morality, and it is completely foreign to every backstabbing, gossiping, preachy, fear driven Christian that Ive ever met.
Nonsense! My church is full of people who live Christ-like lives.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:33 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,422,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Nonsense! My church is full of people who live Christ-like lives.
Uh huh.....

So they've shed all their earthly desires, sold their belongings and used the proceeds to feed the hungry, and they now wonder the Earth helping others and healing the sick?

Old 09-17-2014, 01:41 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Uh huh.....

So they've shed all their earthly desires, sold their belongings and used the proceeds to feed the hungry, and they now wander the Earth helping others and healing the sick?
With the exception of selling ALL they own, yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality