Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 11:33 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,133,890 times

Advertisements

One such mention of this is in the book "my son and the afterlife". (It's about Erik's death and life in the ever-after; on youtube it's called "channeling Erik")

Time is "a sequence of events". So I could never understand how could there be no time when events take place and there is a sequence. Spirits say they could see the past and the future events if they want to. Ok. But there is still a sequence. Like you visited your aunt in the past...(an event).... you came back to where you were before...(an event)... you appeared in the future... (an event).... and it happened in some sort of sequence.

So the events are still there. The sequence is still there. So it's "time" according to our definition of time. Right?

Well, then the spirit went on to say: you have to imagine events in a vertical stack, on top of each other. You focus on any layer, and you merge with that event and you're there, experiencing it.

So the events are not in a linear form (like a line, from A to Z).

Fine. So they are not in a line. But there is still a sequence. If you imagine merging with layer on the very top at first... then you merge with the experience from layer 10 and you make it appear on top of the stack so to speak... and then you merge with layer 7 and bring it into focus... There is still a sequence.

The spirit also said: here, you can move backwards in time. Over there, you can only go forward.

So I am thinking that maybe, just maybe, we didn't define time in our minds as "events in a sequence". But we defined time as "events LOCKED in a sequence, and they cannot be repeated. Maybe that's what our definition of time really is (in our minds).

But in the spirit realm, you can merge with events from the past and the future and the present and can experience them. And so, from this perspective, "time as we defined it" doesn't exist there.

That's the only way I can explain it to myself anyways.

And some spirits say: everything is happening all at once, everything is happening now. That doesn't make any logical sense. It seems an impossibility since there is a sequence of some sort. You experience one event and then later another (which makes a sequence). Afterall, you did not experience these two events all at once.

Therefore, I think that what they are actually trying to say is that all events are always in existence. (stored as data you could say). They always are. We use our brain mechanism to only focus on (to merge with) certain events (so we could experience them in a linear fashion, so that's why some say we "created" time). But the events are always there. Always exist in some "book" of existence. But we "bring them to action" when we focus on them or merge with them so to speak.

So maybe in the human life, our brain mechanism was designed on purpose to focus on events one at a time, in a locked sequence. But in the spirit realm, that limitation was removed and we are able to access these events in a random order.

The idea is that there is nothing new that could ever be created. All that can happen is all that is stored within existence. And souls just merge with whatever event or action they choose to experience. So making a choice in your life is more like merging with the event that already exists.

Last edited by LoveWisdom; 08-16-2014 at 11:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 11:46 AM

19,958 posts, read 13,455,445 times
People claim that spirits say things. Spirits do not say anything in the sense that people say things.

I can claim that a spirit named Fred tells me stuff about the afterlife and the spirit realm, such as that it is populated by rock trolls and dwarves. I can set up a web site for about $6 a month that tells the world all about Fred and all the things I claim he says. And before long, if I know a few things about search engine optimization and link baiting, someone like you will come along and quote Fred in a post like this.

I fail to see how this is enlightening.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:55 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
Welllll, I guess everybody's entitled to their fantasies....

Old 08-17-2014, 07:47 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,321,444 times
This is nothing new. In fact, if "Erik" had ever heard a sermon by Reverend John MacArthur, he would have told Erik the same thing. And trust me, MacArthur's sermon is about 30 years older than Erik. For all we know, the parents fed Erik information they picked up from MacArthur, who frequently made up stuff about what heaven was like.

I say "made up stuff" because, seriously, how would MacArthur know what heaven was like? Was he there? I remember my mother bought all of his tapes when I was a wee little thing - well, okay, not -that- young - and she made me listen to them whenever we were in the car (which was frequent in those days). Yeah, his ideas of heaven are pretty creative and interesting to listen to.

But at the end of the day, it still comes down to: How could he possibly know any of that? No, he's making stuff up. Sure, he's being smart about it, but it's still made up. Nothing but speculation.

Some might try to say that having Erik say there is no time after death might confirm what MacArthur said. Well, okay, I suppose if you're -really- hip on believing in this stuff. But they are called 'near' death experiences for a reason. Show me someone who has been dead for a week who has come back to explain what the afterlife is all about and then I'll sit up and take notice.

But a child who could have easily been coached by the parents - or even listened to MacArthur's tapes (like I did as a child) - cannot be taken at face value. Sorry.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:01 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,183,566 times
Is there a reason that you consider this book to be correct?

Old 08-17-2014, 04:30 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,133,890 times
I see that replies have been focusing on whether spirits speak and whether they speak the truth. That is irrelevant as far as what my point was.

I just took an idea that already exists among many believers (about time) and was trying to give it a more plausible explanation, something that made more sense than original proclamations of the idea.

So if you're an unbeliever... does this point about time make any plausible sense? (just as an idea to explore). There are some ideas about block time that exist in non-believers' circles as far as I know.

Or if you're a believer in the "no time thing" already, does the explanation make a little more sense than originally spoken (by whoever it was)?

Old 08-18-2014, 05:31 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,713,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
So if you're an unbeliever... does this point about time make any plausible sense? (just as an idea to explore).
How could one even hope to "explore" the idea? What method do you have for determining true statments about this area from false?

Old 08-18-2014, 12:49 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,045 times
Default Spirits say there is no "time" where they are at

That must make it rather difficult to sort things out if everything happens all at once.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:01 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,321,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
I see that replies have been focusing on whether spirits speak and whether they speak the truth. That is irrelevant as far as what my point was.

I just took an idea that already exists among many believers (about time) and was trying to give it a more plausible explanation, something that made more sense than original proclamations of the idea.

So if you're an unbeliever... does this point about time make any plausible sense? (just as an idea to explore). There are some ideas about block time that exist in non-believers' circles as far as I know.

Or if you're a believer in the "no time thing" already, does the explanation make a little more sense than originally spoken (by whoever it was)?
Well, time can be defined simply as a measurement of change.

That's really all time is ... a catalog of changes.

If there is no time where these spirits reside, then nothing could happen. Nothing could change. Because event A could not happen AFTER event B.

You need time for there to even be an "after."

Which is why someone said things might happen all at once. That would have to be the case in a place without time - and even that might not be possible. Having a frozen universe - meaning an absolutely still, unmoving universe - would be the most likely result of a place without time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality