Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 01:42 AM

128 posts, read 409,209 times

Advertisements

I am just curious, how many here have suffered persecution on behalf of their faith? No matter what that faith may be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 01:46 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,240,899 times
I don't wanna be a Christian like the rest of my family.
I guess I don't wanna be part of an organised religion because they suppress individualism.
I like my (rebellious) individuality way too much.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:03 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,523,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianR View Post
I am just curious, how many here have suffered persecution on behalf of their faith? No matter what that faith may be?
Adrian, I was persecuted for 40 some years by 2 "religions" who claimed to be christian, one told me that I was not capable of much without my husbands permission, the other told me that the WTS was the only source of truth. I finally got the courage to turn my back on both and free myself from the bondage of manmade rules and an organization that fed lies..lovely, beautiful lies....I pray that others will strive for Gods direction through the Holy Spirit to lead them from the bondage..And I pray for you, Adrian and others...You remind me of someone who is not trying to convince us or anyone outside your circle that only JWs have the truth..I think you are trying to convince yourself...Adrian, I do not hate the witnesses..They are some of the most humble people I know. I will not argue or condemn you personally, but I will argue against the WTS or any organization that holds its members in bondage by convincing them that Jehovah has given them all the answers and a new book....Again, Adrian, all this is not intended to argue with you, but is well intentioned toward you and the others..As always, JMHO..

Old 12-19-2007, 01:15 PM

22,267 posts, read 19,259,001 times
The irony for me is that I have felt way more persecuted by mainstream organized Christian religions for NOT joining them. So persecuted for my non-commitment to a faith, rather than being of a different faith. I remember in 4th grade when they started teaching US history, the whole "we came to America to escape religious persecution" and have religious freedom, and then oh by the way slaughtered the American Indians and tried to convert them to Christianity because they were filthy heathens! I never got that. I never got beyond that. I still don't get it!

Old 12-19-2007, 01:26 PM

96 posts, read 356,867 times
When my supervisor started putting down the church(religion-mormom) I was going to be baptized into. I heard it all day long until I couldn't take it any longer and ended up finding a job somewhere else, with better pay.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:09 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,794,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianR View Post
Yes, I have.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:18 PM

21 posts, read 52,756 times
UH, YESSSSSSSSSSS, a few million times. I have an Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Paul ((watchman, judgment and suffering coming, and grow up and put the flesh to death) type calling
and the second you start talking preaching, teaching, sharing that..............all H-E-double L breaks out. WORKS every time.

The disciples were not boiled in oil, crucified, and killed in horrendous ways for no good reason. I know my reward will be great on that day, if I am obedient to GOD and not the itching ears of man.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:21 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,893,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shug58 View Post
UH, YESSSSSSSSSSS, a few million times. I have an Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Paul ((watchman, judgment and suffering coming, and grow up and put the flesh to death) type calling
and the second you start talking preaching, teaching, sharing that..............all H-E-double L breaks out. WORKS every time.

The disciples were not boiled in oil, crucified, and killed in horrendous ways for no good reason. I know my reward will be great on that day, if I am obedient to GOD and not the itching ears of man.
Amen! Me too!

I'm Christian, by the way, currently attending a Southern Baptist church, how about you Shug?

Old 12-19-2007, 02:33 PM

21 posts, read 52,756 times
I prefer to call myself a BLOOD BOUGHT BORN AGAIN CHILD OF THE MOST HIGH GOD....., but I do attend a Southern Baptist church, and I am happy that REVIVAL and the TRUE SPIRIT OF GOD is finally quashing the RELIGIOUS SPIRIT in our denomination ! All Praise to the Lord God of HOST !

Old 12-19-2007, 02:34 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,893,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shug58 View Post
I prefer to call myself a BLOOD BOUGHT BORN AGAIN CHILD OF THE MOST HIGH GOD....., but I do attend a Southern Baptist church, and I am happy that REVIVAL and the TRUE SPIRIT OF GOD is finally quashing the RELIGIOUS SPIRIT in our denomination ! All Praise to the Lord God of HOST !
Amen and Amen.

Glad to know you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality