Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 02:59 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,977,257 times

Advertisements

I want to thank God for my brother who was in a terrible motorcycle accident has finally gotten back on his feet after a year. God is the only way. Prayers work

I also want to say thank the Lord for having friends like June, Miss Blue and Hoosier for 7 years here on City- Data Forum

Last edited by perry335654; 11-27-2014 at 03:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 05:34 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,977,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I want to thank God for my brother who was in a terrible motorcycle accident has finally gotten back on his feet after a year. God is the only way. Prayers work

I also want to say thank the Lord for having friends like June, Miss Blue and Hoosier for 7 years here on City- Data Forum

There are others to mention but I wanted to mention the present and former Moderators.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,334,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
We arent doing anything for Thanksgiving, it doesnt honor God so why should we?)
Because turkey is delicious.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:08 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,108,569 times
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Reminds me of my daughter the other night. We are at Home Depot, looking at Christmas stuff, and she announces to me "Santa Clause is not real." I reply "Oh, then who brings you all those toy?" She says "You do silly!"

Shocked, I had no reply! Kid has her head firmly on the ground, even if I am shocked she has this all figured out at 5!

Old 11-27-2014, 09:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,337,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post

Reminds me of my daughter the other night. We are at Home Depot, looking at Christmas stuff, and she announces to me "Santa Clause is not real." I reply "Oh, then who brings you all those toy?" She says "You do silly!"

Shocked, I had no reply! Kid has her head firmly on the ground, even if I am shocked she has this all figured out at 5!
Yeah, kids today grow up too darn fast.

I had my sons believing the whole world was in black & white until colour was invented in1964. The gullible little dupes bought it 'til they were at least 7 or 8.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:10 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,770,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
God doesnt reward with materialism, some stupid fat jolly man is said to bring silly gifts to children that are good though.

(and yes in this house we skip Santa/Easter Bunny/etc. We arent doing anything for Thanksgiving, it doesnt honor God so why should we?)
What about St. Nick? Do you celebrate his day? You can leave the Santa out of Christmas but you can let your kids have their fun on St. Nick Day.

I do not celebrate Thanksgiving either really (not for the same reasons as you), but I do think it is a nice time to spend with family and friends. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:11 AM

7,587 posts, read 6,674,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post

That's about the age where I puzzled it out, too. I remember confronting my mother at breakfast, and asking her how come there were no sooty footprints leading away from the furnace in the basement. She was so completely unprepared for the question, she couldn't figure out how to get out of it, and just told me the truth.

When she came home from work that afternoon, I met her at the door and said, "And that means there's no Easter Bunny either, is there?"

Man, that was a bad day. Life's never been the same since.

As for the subject of the thread... I am thankful that my wife is in my life, and that she has permitted me to share hers. She has been quite ill for years, and we just found out early this year how bad it really is. Her future is very bleak. She has told me several times that if she'd known how bad it was when we met, she would never have gotten me into this, and I suspect she really might not have. No matter how much she loves me, she really is that strong and determined. I just consider myself so, so very fortunate that I found her in time to be here for her and help her through it, to be in a position to take care of her as best I can and try to make things a little easier for her.

I can't even bear to think about what it would be like for her to have to go through this alone for the rest of her life, and feel so incredibly thankful to be able to help her. I don't know what I ever did in this world to be lucky enough to deserve that, but I am thankful for it every day of my life. This is the best thing that ever happened to me. I have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Her smile is my whole universe.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:32 AM

10 posts, read 11,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Say a prayer for all the Indians killed to bring you this holiday.
and every time you use the internet, which was invented by Americans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality