Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 04:10 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,598,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Parr View Post
I don't know what the churches are doing now, but 40 years ago, the denominations with which I was familiar had a "home office". All Sunday School lessons, preacher guidelines, fund raisers, vacation Bible schools, etc came from the "home office". Each church paid money to the "home office" kind of like a McDonald's and received the information from the "home office". All land purchased was owned by the "home office" even though the locals raised the money. On top of this layer of control was the World Counsel Of Churches. Exactly what they did, I don't know.

So whatever a preacher is preaching now, it probably comes from the home office of the organization, the franchiser if you will.
I am with the United Church and our "home office" has no input into my preaching or any other aspect of our local church operations. They are responsible for ensuring that clergy are all educated, trained and licensed, they provide an overarching doctrinal umbrella we fit under and handle national and international ecumenical matters. Oh yeah, they also provide oversight of all congregations.

What happens at my church is decided upon by our local council and myself. National doesn't even have a clue what I am preaching on, or what our worship looks like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 04:09 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Many certainly not all church leaders seem to be sanitizing the word as it pertains to prophecy and more specifically end times! They present happy, squeeky clean ,and ear tickling messages , but in honesty the real reasons are hard to pinpoint and the list I was presented presumes too many unfair claims. Are they attempting to preserve tithe? Are the pastoring folks ( God Bless Them) simply unread or out of the loop? Can they articulate prepping, harbingers, blood moons ( corresponding with the Lords feasts? Are they cognizant of their role in preparing the flock for pre- tribulation hardship , food shortages
Christian shelter albeit "church"! I will continue to ponder the
"why 's" but suggest that in many christian circles it boils down
to individual philosophies by leaders . I also suggest caring for
the sheep ( flock ) or showing them how to prepare! i
If not God could apply "I know you not" to our beloved pastors!

ear ticklers = 2Thess 2:3--2Cor 11:12-15)

everytime I post 6 of Jesus very important teachings to start a thread( unaltered in every translation)---they are rejected by every Trinitarian that reads them, because they are not taught them and do not know them---they are in big trouble with what approaches this earth.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:59 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,768,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Many certainly not all church leaders seem to be sanitizing the word as it pertains to prophecy and more specifically end times! They present happy, squeeky clean ,and ear tickling messages , but in honesty the real reasons are hard to pinpoint and the list I was presented presumes too many unfair claims. Are they attempting to preserve tithe? Are the pastoring folks ( God Bless Them) simply unread or out of the loop? Can they articulate prepping, harbingers, blood moons ( corresponding with the Lords feasts? Are they cognizant of their role in preparing the flock for pre- tribulation hardship , food shortages
Christian shelter albeit "church"! I will continue to ponder the
"why 's" but suggest that in many christian circles it boils down
to individual philosophies by leaders . I also suggest caring for
the sheep ( flock ) or showing them how to prepare! i
If not God could apply "I know you not" to our beloved pastors!
The Bible even says that one who is a teacher/pastor will much to account for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality