Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 05:36 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,186,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
Yes the Jewish people, did not get the memo from God? That it is Time to take Their God to the world? That would come with fulfillment of Messiah. Those who chose Jesus as Messiah. Did get the memo from God ..... the Christians and took it to the world. Despite divisions over the centuries. As it is Satan aim to have us in disunity.
And Satan is YOU...Your Yetzer HaRa vs your Yetzer Tov...

Old 04-05-2015, 05:40 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,186,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
Oy vey.
Yup...

Old 04-05-2015, 07:32 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,208,770 times
This raises a question: "Why do Christians do so much proselytizing, even in countries where it is illegal?"

Old 04-05-2015, 07:34 AM

50,147 posts, read 20,940,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
This raises a question: "Why do Christians do so much proselytizing, even in countries where it is illegal?"
LI, old friend, you know why.

"To Hell with man -made law!"

Old 04-05-2015, 07:38 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,953,827 times
It's very simple. Christianity is the new Pharisee religion.

Same religion, different title.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It's very simple. Christianity is the new Pharisee religion.

Same religion, different title.
I agree - it is just what the Gospel -writers were attacking. The reason i don't care to make the analogy is that 'Pharisee' that context is terrible hate -speech. The Pharisees are demonized in a truly reprehensible way in the Gospels.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
LI, old friend, you know why.

"To Hell with man -made law!"
Old Friend Arequipa, Yes I do know that is the reason. Which is one of the reasons I left Christianity.

I found that if one needs to violate man-made law, it is a sign of disrespect of the nation one is in.

If one needs to do such, it seems to indicate they have no faith that their living example of their beliefs is sufficient to attract others. Actions of a person shows what they believe, better than words ever will. Words are simply words, actions are what the person really believes.

If a person were to accept my faith because of something I say, I will be the first to tell them they have done so for the wrong reason.

Each person has the responsibility to search all things from all available sources, and to accept only that which they themselve have verified to be true.

Proselytizing calls for blind followers. To find reason to follow a belief system requires self verification with no compulsion. It is all about self responsibility, not the spiel of a religious salesman.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Old Friend Arequipa, Yes I do know that is the reason. Which is one of the reasons I left Christianity.

I found that if one needs to violate man-made law, it is a sign of disrespect of the nation one is in.

If one needs to do such, it seems to indicate they have no faith that their living example of their beliefs is sufficient to attract others. Actions of a person shows what they believe, better than words ever will. Words are simply words, actions are what the person really believes.

If a person were to accept my faith because of something I say, I will be the first to tell them they have done so for the wrong reason.

Each person has the responsibility to search all things from all available sources, and to accept only that which they themselve have verified to be true.

Proselytizing calls for blind followers. To find reason to follow a belief system requires self verification with no compulsion. It is all about self responsibility, not the spiel of a religious salesman.
Thank you, LI my old mate, and out of respect for you, I would have preferred not to mention that the phrase that I use I first saw on a placard waved by a screaming protester against Muhammad cartoons, but you did point the finger at Christianity. I point it at all religion, which believes that human law is, when push comes to shoot, trumped by religious authority.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Thank you, LI my old mate, and out of respect for you, I would have preferred not to mention that the phrase that I use I first saw on a placard waved by a screaming protester against Muhammad cartoons, but you did point the finger at Christianity. I point it at all religion, which believes that human law is, when push comes to shoot, trumped by religious authority.
I have no disagreement there. I agree many religious advocates do seem to believe their religious beliefs justify violating secular man-made laws.

I used to believe that myself. Today my opinion is that if I can not abide by the laws of a land, it is my obligation to keep out of that land.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I have no disagreement there. I agree many religious advocates do seem to believe their religious beliefs justify violating secular man-made laws.

I used to believe that myself. Today my opinion is that if I can not abide by the laws of a land, it is my obligation to keep out of that land.
I fully agree. You are a wise man and a credit to your religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality