Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 08:08 AM

6,321 posts, read 4,349,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
I came across this article or sermon or paper at this link:

http://www.northamericanmartyrs.org/...ntolerance.pdf

It is written by the Priest of my dear friend's Catholic Parish. It is a brilliant explanation of the damage "tolerance" has done to our culture and our country.

I am Jewish, yet all the reasoning contained in this missive speaks to me and I think it will speak to others, regardless of your religion or the sect you follow within that religion.

Some of the most salient points that resonated with me are:

What is tolerance? Tolerance is an attitude of reasoned patience towards evil, and a forbearance that restrains us from showing anger or inflicting punishment. But what is more important than the definition is the field of its application. The important point here is this: Tolerance applies only to persons, but never to truth. Intolerance applies only to truth, but never to persons. Tolerance applies to the erring; intolerance to the error.

The attitude of the Church in relation to the modern world on this important question may be brought home by the story of the two women in the courtroom of Solomon. Both of them claimed a child. The lawful mother insisted on having the whole child or nothing, for a child is like truth — it cannot be divided without ruin. The unlawful mother, on the contrary, agreed to compromise. She was willing to divide the babe, and the babe would have died of broadmindedness.
This article stinks of being yet another contrived justification to discriminate against homosexuals - i.e. that idiotic law in Indiana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 04:26 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,100,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
like anything else. When it comes time to stop "good" people from repeatedly doing bad things all of the sudden people get weak. Just look at the amount of money spent on prisons and just how unsafe women and children are unsafe in the usa. "liberalism" is far more dangerous than religion.

People use the words , "judging", "brainwashing", "intolerant" and "racism" to scare others from making appropriate choices. And if we look at the ones crying the most; they have the most to hide.

Like I "brainwash" my kids to be nice. I judge when I say he is a nice guy. I am intolerant of students failing with our tax structure in the USA. I am racist when I say white American are more prone to a certain type of illness.

so we muck around with junk and pass a real economic problem unto our grandchildren that are not born yet.
lol. I don't think prisons nor "lack of safety" are liberal suggestions. Neither is forced tolerance a liberal suggestion, Indeed, Let's suppose I support the torture to death penalty for the needlessly intolerant, then we would see who calls out for tolerance first. (That was a joke designed to be a thought experiment).

Old 04-13-2015, 05:31 AM

Quote:
like anything else. When it comes time to stop "good" people from repeatedly doing bad things all of the sudden people get weak. Just look at the amount of money spent on prisons and just how unsafe women and children are unsafe in the usa. "liberalism" is far more dangerous than religion.
Oh c'mon, really?! For crying out loud, hello! You can wake up now and discontinue dreaming up ridiculous nonsense about liberalism being more dangerous than religion. Hahah! I suppose that might be true if you're a fascist and have a hive mind.

Here, let me help wake you from your fantasy:

*beep beep beep* That's your alarm clock going off. No hitting the snooze button, now.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:05 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,644,816 times
Quote:
This article stinks of being yet another contrived justification to
discriminate against homosexuals - i.e. that idiotic law in Indiana.

You know it is evident that the 'Indiana' issue points to the whole issue of 'rights' in democratic societies. Everybody has them and are entitled to them. It won't go away. Just like religion for the latter is here to stay for the time being that is until somebody wants to completely get rid of it...;-)....

Old 04-13-2015, 11:01 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,679,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Oh c'mon, really?! For crying out loud, hello! You can wake up now and discontinue dreaming up ridiculous nonsense about liberalism being more dangerous than religion. Hahah! I suppose that might be true if you're a fascist and have a hive mind.

Here, let me help wake you from your fantasy:

*beep beep beep* That's your alarm clock going off. No hitting the snooze button, now.

Lmao, you got a personality chip inserted don't ya. good fer you.

Liberalism is far more dangerous than any religion in my area. We can't leave toys out. The Wife has to be very careful at night. We are not running from priest and pastors little girl. We are in danger because of liberal laws. A Pedophile just moved in our area. No religious a foliation (bloomin nuts). I get in more trouble making our area safer than he did popping that little boy. Good for you and your personality chip.

BEEP BEEP ... lady liberal ... your dream world aint real.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
lol. I don't think prisons nor "lack of safety" are liberal suggestions. Neither is forced tolerance a liberal suggestion, Indeed, Let's suppose I support the torture to death penalty for the needlessly intolerant, then we would see who calls out for tolerance first. (That was a joke designed to be a thought experiment).
well, conservatives called me liberal and liberals call me conservative so this "hole" anti "torture" thing is meaningless to me. We will make mistakes. We get to decide where they take place. I guess you are right, lets place the "mistake" on murdered young girls and little boiz getting popped in Winnie the Pooh's hole. Then lets have everybody have to pay to keep the perp's in a confy setting.

"suggestion" or "what we meant to do" are not in question. But What has and is happening sees a direct link to liberal thinking.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Lmao, you got a personality chip inserted don't ya. good fer you.
No, I just have the truth inserted.

Quote:
Liberalism is far more dangerous than any religion in my area.
Prove it.

Quote:
We are not running from priest and pastors little girl.
Of course you wouldn't run from priests and pastors because you're just like them.

Quote:
We are in danger because of liberal laws.
Which ones?

Quote:
A Pedophile just moved in our area.
Maybe it's one of those pedophile priests the Church keeps shuffling around. But hey, you don't run from priests and pastors ... right?

Quote:
I get in more trouble making our area safer than he did popping that little boy. Good for you and your personality chip.
Hmm, I think you're losing the plot.

Quote:
BEEP BEEP ... lady liberal ... your dream world aint real.
A tiny word of advice: If you're going to insult someone, it's a really good idea not to use the same insult your opponent just used ... because the ol' "I know you are but what am I" comeback is super lame. Just so you know.

Last edited by Shirina; 04-13-2015 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: Had to correct a liberal spelling error since liberalism is everything that's wrong with the world.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,337,195 times
Quote:
I get in more trouble making our area safer than he did popping that little boy.

Attracting the attention of the cops, are you?

Old 04-13-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Attracting the attention of the cops, are you?
lmaol, no, I learnered my lesson a while ago. No good deed goes unnoticed by lady liberal

Old 04-13-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
No, I just have the truth inserted.

Prove it.

Of course you wouldn't run from priests and pastors because you're just like them.

Which ones?

Maybe it's one of those pedophile priests the Church keeps shuffling around. But hey, you don't run from priests and pastors ... right?

Hmm, I think you're losing the plot.

A tiny word of advice: If you're going to insult someone, it's a really good idea not to use the same insult your opponent just used ... because the ol' "I know you are but what am I" comeback is super lame. Just so you know.

lmao, yeah, whatever you say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality