Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 10:35 PM

197 posts, read 208,231 times

Advertisements

Hello all, and peace be with you.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth, and in Jesus Christ His only Son.

He is a loving, merciful God, and throughout history has always spoken to prophets and visionaries to proclaim His Truth, especially the Truth of His existence. Unfortunately, there is also a powerful fallen angel, Satan, who was once His most respected angel, and now is at war with Him. His primary goal is to get as many souls in Hell as possible by getting them to deny God, and His main advantage is convincing the world that he doesn't exist.

For those of you who wish to see those on the front lines of this spiritual battle, I recommend the following website:
Mystics of the Church
That site contains a list of great Christian saints who communicated directly with God for the salvation of souls, and many who also had to deal with demonic attacks.

I also recommend extensive research into the apparitions of the Virgin Mary. Look up our Lady of Fatima to start off with. A lady of many names she has also appeared at the famous Medjugorje location, as well as Our Lady of Bayside, and LaSayette.

Finally, there is one modern day prophet who, although a bit controversial, provides clear proof of Gods existence and love for us through her modern messages, which include many warnings of the current state of the world and where we are going. Jesus and the Virgin Mary appeared to Her, and told Her messages that she promptly wrote down:
The BOOK of TRUTH - Online: Messages 11/10-02/11

I advise non-believers and atheists in particular to look at the mystics site, with a clear, objective mind, and see what you think. God bless you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 11:12 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibioiniui View Post
Hello all, and peace be with you.
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth, and in Jesus Christ His only Son.
He is a loving, merciful God, and throughout history has always spoken to prophets and visionaries to proclaim His Truth, especially the Truth of His existence. Unfortunately, there is also a powerful fallen angel, Satan, who was once His most respected angel, and now is at war with Him. His primary goal is to get as many souls in Hell as possible by getting them to deny God, and His main advantage is convincing the world that he doesn't exist.
<snip>
Peace and love to you, my brother. Since you believe in the existence of this Satan person, I would appreciate your understanding of what his thinking could possibly be. I attribute all my sinfulness to my own animal nature and inner drives and I have never been able to make sense of the logic or thinking behind such a being. He is obviously a total loser so i would appreciate it if you could explain what conceivable purpose he could have for what you believe he is doing to us???? What is the thinking???

Old 07-04-2015, 11:50 PM

618 posts, read 541,022 times
I think the moderators on this board, who are usually very stringent, should really start to question whether these repeated "Book of Truth" posts constitute advertising and/or spam.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:00 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
If I don't like something, I simply ignore it.
People ignore me all the time , it's no big deal.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:27 AM

689 posts, read 494,779 times
Quote:
hello all, and peace be with you.

I believe in god, the father almighty, creator of heaven and earth, and in jesus christ his only son.

He is a loving, merciful god, and throughout history has always spoken to prophets and visionaries to proclaim his truth, especially the truth of his existence. Unfortunately, there is also a powerful fallen angel, satan, who was once his most respected angel, and now is at war with him. His primary goal is to get as many souls in hell as possible by getting them to deny god, and his main advantage is convincing the world that he doesn't exist.

For those of you who wish to see those on the front lines of this spiritual battle, i recommend the following website:
mystics of the church
that site contains a list of great christian saints who communicated directly with god for the salvation of souls, and many who also had to deal with demonic attacks.

I also recommend extensive research into the apparitions of the virgin mary. Look up our lady of fatima to start off with. A lady of many names she has also appeared at the famous medjugorje location, as well as our lady of bayside, and lasayette.

Finally, there is one modern day prophet who, although a bit controversial, provides clear proof of gods existence and love for us through her modern messages, which include many warnings of the current state of the world and where we are going. Jesus and the virgin mary appeared to her, and told her messages that she promptly wrote down:
the book of truth - online: Messages 11/10-02/11

i advise non-believers and atheists in particular to look at the mystics site, with a clear, objective mind, and see what you think. God bless you all.
garbage!

Old 07-05-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Peace and love to you, my brother. Since you believe in the existence of this Satan person, I would appreciate your understanding of what his thinking could possibly be. I attribute all my sinfulness to my own animal nature and inner drives and I have never been able to make sense of the logic or thinking behind such a being. He is obviously a total loser so i would appreciate it if you could explain what conceivable purpose he could have for what you believe he is doing to us???? What is the thinking???
Satan is filled with nothing but hatred for God. He was once God's anointed cherubim, pretty much the right hand angel of God. He fell into the sin of pride and fought to overthrow God, and was cast out and separated from God.

Now God is Love, and love can only come from God. Satan, and the angels who fought with him, are permanently separated from God, and thus can no longer feel love (this is what happens to souls that die in a state of mortal sin and are condemned as well, but God is still present in all those who are still living). Satan does everything now to hurt and grieve God, and he knows the best way to do this is to damn as many souls of humans as possible, because God, being pure love, loves His children/creation so much. Those who believe in the Cross know how much - God descended and died a brutal death just to give man the OPTION of eternal salvation from Satan.

That's it in a nutshell. Being the former top angel, Satan is extremely intelligent and has many powers granted to him, even though he was cast out of Heaven. He betrayed God, and with the many secrets of Heaven he once knew, was able to inject sin into humanity through Adam and Eve. God already punished sin with the divine commandment of eternal death before he created humanity, as a punishment for the angels. If God revoked that punishment, then Satan could technically argue his way back into Heaven. That's the source of why sin is so tragic, and God will not revoke the divine punishment of sin. Instead, he gave humanity another way of salvation -> that through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ.

Your animal nature and inner drives are primarily a result of both Original Sin, and constant temptations from the invisible but real presence of demonic spirits (they constitute what we technically perceive as "dark matter"). Original sin corrupted the perfectly created man, giving Satan and his fallen angels the ability to interject thoughts and emotions into every man and woman on Earth. Only purity, love, and faith in God can hold back such temptations, but they will always be there until God casts out Satan once and for all and Jesus comes again, as written in the Book of Revelations.

Satan, being as powerful as He is, is like a deeply rooted weed. Sometimes you have to let the weed grow all the way before you can completely pull it out by its roots. In the same way, in order to completely remove Satan and His stain of sin, there will be a period of time where He has to completely rule the Earth and bestow a reign of evil. And that's the era we are currently about to enter.

I hope that helps, and peace be with you.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:35 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Among the problems with postulating a devil which was also one of god's creations, is that ultimately any evil machinations we assign to that devil are actually expressions of the will of that god. In that Satan is a subordinate entity, it cannot have more power than the god is willing to permit, thus anything it does, it does with the "blessing" of the god.

Therefore the devil would simply be an extension of god's personality and practices, meaning there actually is no devil, it is merely a portion of god.

You cannot postulate a god who runs the whole show while simultaneously assigning specific blame/responsibility for certain acts to forces outside of that god's control. The concept of god/devil collapses from the absence of internal logic.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Among the problems with postulating a devil which was also one of god's creations, is that ultimately any evil machinations we assign to that devil are actually expressions of the will of that god. In that Satan is a subordinate entity, it cannot have more power than the god is willing to permit, thus anything it does, it does with the "blessing" of the god.

Therefore the devil would simply be an extension of god's personality and practices, meaning there actually is no devil, it is merely a portion of god.

You cannot postulate a god who runs the whole show while simultaneously assigning specific blame/responsibility for certain acts to forces outside of that god's control. The concept of god/devil collapses from the absence of internal logic.
Not so. If you, as a father, raise your kid teaching Him not to steal, and one day he gets caught in a bank heist and is thrown into prison, does that reflect on you as his father? Unless you remove the kid's freedom of will, you will never control his actions; you can only advise him/her to stay on the right path.

Free will is the key that is missing in your argument. It is the greatest gift that God gave to all His creation. God desires Love, for God is Love, but true love can only exist with free will. It must be given freely, otherwise its not love, but programmed obedience, and thus has no meaning or joy. God only creates things good, but gives them free will. God always instructs His creation to stay on the path of good and righteousness, and in Love. If Satan chose to disobey, it does not reflect at all on God's goodness, unless you also have a problem with free will, and thus Love.

Once again, God is Love, and love must be given freely to have any meaning. God created His creatures good always, but with free will, so that the Love He could receive from them is pure and of our own volition.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:58 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post

the purpose of the existence of evil is for us to choose good
we live in a free will construct

yes it all comes from god, but the dross exists so that we can discard it and choose the gold
cigarettes exist so that we can choose NOT to smoke, and be healthier and have a higher quality of life

when humans stop choosing the bad or harmful option, it disappears
if no one bought cigarettes, the companies would go out of business and cigarettes would cease to exist

so "satan" is employed by god, and wants us to choose goodness and love and make wise choices

Old 07-05-2015, 08:23 AM

689 posts, read 494,779 times
Quote:
Not so. If you, as a father, raise your kid teaching Him not to steal, and one day he gets caught in a bank heist and is thrown into prison, does that reflect on you as his father? Unless you remove the kid's freedom of will, you will never control his actions; you can only advise him/her to stay on the right path.

Free will is the key that is missing in your argument. It is the greatest gift that God gave to all His creation. God desires Love, for God is Love, but true love can only exist with free will. It must be given freely, otherwise its not love, but programmed obedience, and thus has no meaning or joy. God only creates things good, but gives them free will. God always instructs His creation to stay on the path of good and righteousness, and in Love. If Satan chose to disobey, it does not reflect at all on God's goodness, unless you also have a problem with free will, and thus Love.

Once again, God is Love, and love must be given freely to have any meaning. God created His creatures good always, but with free will, so that the Love He could receive from them is pure and of our own volition.
You have a weird idea of love if you attribute it to the evil deity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality