Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 06:27 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
No sex until after marriage is like buying a car without test driving it.

Now, who would do something that stupid?
Me? (45 years happily married and sexually fulfilled).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 06:35 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celandine View Post
By "changed woman", I mean a woman who used to be quite slutty and godless, but then had a real epiphany and decided to stop having sex, and wait until marriage. She takes her transformation quite seriously, and doesn't even curse now. Would you wait until marriage to be with such a woman, or even consider being with such a woman?
Some swear that this kind of drastic change signals death is not far away. I would think it is at the very least a midlife crisis!

Old 07-06-2015, 06:39 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
By "changed woman", I mean a woman who used to be quite slutty and godless, but then had a real epiphany and decided to stop having sex, and wait until marriage. She takes her transformation quite seriously, and doesn't even curse now. Would you wait until marriage to be with such a woman, or even consider being with such a woman?
Just don't have kids. please, save the rest of us from having to pay for the nightmare mom and dad.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:38 AM

888 posts, read 453,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That word is used to degrade and demean women for being sexual. If the OP is using it to refer to herself.....she needs to stop demeaning and degrading herself. If the OP is a man and is using it to describe women.... oy vey.
Yep. It just adds to the guilt some love to heap on women for being sexually active before marriage.

While her circumstances were extreme, Elizabeth Smart has my respect for speaking out about the damages of her abstinence education.

Damaging Effects of Shame Based Sex Education From Elizabeth Smart

Then there's Bristol Palin who made $$$$ as a speaker promoting abstinence in between her two out-of-wedlock pregnancies.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:35 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Of course. Having said that, I'm happily married, so obviously I'm not looking for a spouse....but I have told my wife I didn't care what she did before marriage.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:51 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Me? (45 years happily married and sexually fulfilled).
You're very fortunate it turned out that way.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:27 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
In Lubbock, we grew up with two main things: God loves you and he's gonna send you to hell, and that sex is bad and dirty and nasty and awful and you should save it for the one you love.
--Butch Hancock

Old 07-07-2015, 11:42 PM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
You're very fortunate it turned out that way.
Yeah, some people get all the luck.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:00 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,214,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
It is an error to conflate "slutty" and "godless". There are plenty of sexually unpromiscuous women who are not Christians; there are plenty of sexually promiscuous Christian women too.
Exactly.

Just ask the congregation in Alabama who's preacher was caught not too long ago, spreading his seed, and his HIV AIDS, all over multiple women throughout their church.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:09 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Absolutely not. Life is too short to be with boring people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality