Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 01:01 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,755,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Hi, Prince and welcome here..Whenever someone comes in that I don't recognize I always read some of their other posts just to kind of get a feel for where they are coming
I usually do the same, Blue. This time to discover that on a music thread Prince listed his favorite bands as :

Metallica
Judas Priest
Dio
Ozzy

Old 01-26-2008, 01:22 PM

522 posts, read 963,322 times
Default They do not realize it ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
Recently I was looking through some records my girlfriend has, and i came accross three Ozzy Osbourne records. When I confronted her, she said she used to listen to them, but not recently. Still, I was troubled that she has them. Is it possible that, although she claims to be a Christian, she's actually into devil worship? Even if she does not believe so, what about the backward messages that heavy metal albums have, and how people can become agents of satan without even knowing it? What should i do?
It is unfortunate, but alot of people do not recognize things for what they are and the ramifications in their lives. I know, I was one of them.
I have thrown out alot of the old records that I had,tapes,cd's ect..
Sometimes it is just a matter of cleaning out the closet.
More to the point, these albums , the genre that it is conducive to, and that lifestyle that goes with it are all part of this, and that is ,
WHAT YOU LISTEN TO GETS INGRAINED.Alot of people do not believe this however, because they did not get it yet.
It is like what goes up , must come down.Well,what goes in,must come out too.It is a proven scientific fact that you will automatically take on a portion of the personality that you are hanging around.Bearing that in mind:
It is unfortunately, the mainstream music that we all grew up with , and the fact is that it usually isn't until later that we realize , if ever, that it plays a distinct part in our daily lives. Advertisers know this very well, what you are exposed to over and over eventually sinks in to your daily life.That's why they repeat commercials that seem stupid to us, but expose us regularly.
They are actually an insult to your intellect.Given the fact that many rock and roll artists have jumped off of that mainstream, and gone to the more positive ranks of Christian rock only proves that it is a matter of integrity.
Your fear is obviously a bit much for secularists. Just remember the internet is full of them!!The best thing that you could do is have a chat with her and ask her what her goals are and where she wants to be or sees herself in 5 years.Beyond that , I would also subscribe to that which you would like to surrround yourself with.I would be clear with her about your true feelings.
Sometimes people say what they want you to believe because they know it is acceptable to you. Make sure that she knows she can be totally up front with you.
I listened to alot of the music you mentioned for a long time, it was during the absolute worst years of my life. I can attest to that.
I wish you all the best.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:00 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
I usually do the same, Blue. This time to discover that on a music thread Prince listed his favorite bands as :

Metallica
Judas Priest
Dio
Ozzy

Well I beg your pardon. For your information I was trying to go undercover in order to find out from these people what sort of hidden messages are on their heavy metal records. Now if you'll excuse me it's Sunday and I'll need to be ready for church soon. I shall pray for you and everybody else who does not understand the danger of hidden messages on heavy metal albums.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:36 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,989 times
Lol silly fellow west-coastman, i see right through your facade! It is simply part of, "The web of desiiiiirrre!!"....sorry random Eurobeat moment lol. Your funny prince....i mean...you cannot be serious! I'm serious....seriously?? ;D

Old 01-27-2008, 01:15 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,755,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
Well I beg your pardon. For your information I was trying to go undercover in order to find out from these people what sort of hidden messages are on their heavy metal records. Now if you'll excuse me it's Sunday and I'll need to be ready for church soon. I shall pray for you and everybody else who does not understand the danger of hidden messages on heavy metal albums.
Thank you for your prayers. Everyone can use more prayer (especially me!).
Carry on with your "undercover " work!

Old 01-27-2008, 08:22 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,034,103 times
Oh, brother. As a Christian, it's people like Prince who make my flesh crawl. He's going to pray for US???? Prince, perhaps you should ask the Lord to open up your mind, give you clarity and wisdom.

I have Elton John CDs. Will it make me a homosexual? You're so obsessed over music that YOU disagree with. Here's an idea...pay attention to your girlfriend. What are her beliefs? Values? Morals? Behavior patterns? What is her relationship to the Lord? I've got old KISS albums from 1975, does it mean that I'm a "Knight In Satan's Service"?

Come one! How old are you anyway? This crap about subliminal messages went the way of wafflestompers in 1977. The only thing people found out from these "backwards messages" was that it screwed up your LPs.

I find it funny that you say you "went undercover" to find out from people what sort of hidden messages are on their heavy metal records. If they're hidden, then how do they know what the messages are?

I'll be praying for YOU.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:52 PM

55 posts, read 109,611 times
Perhaps some Pat Boone is in order - Amazon.com: In a Metal Mood: No More Mr. Nice Guy: Music: Pat Boone

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality