Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: god or prophet?
god 3 50.00%
prophet 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 03:54 AM

4 posts, read 3,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:17-20
Quote:
"And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah." Quran 5:46
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
"God is not a man, that he should lie, Neither the son of man, that he should repent: Hath he said, and will he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and will he not make it good?" Numbers 23:19
Quote:
"Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know." Acts 2:22
Quote:
"And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man" John 5:27
Quote:
"Fear gripped them all, and they began glorifying God, saying, " A great prophet has arisen among us!" and, "God has visited His people!" Luke 7:1
Quote:
"And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household." Matthew 13:57
Quote:
"And the crowds were saying, "This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee." Matthew 21:11
Quote:
"For Jesus Himself testified that a prophet has no honor in his own country" John 4:44
Quote:
"Some of the people therefore, when they heard these words, were saying, "This certainly is the Prophet." John 7:40
Quote:
"And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people" Luke 24:19
Quote:
"Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world." John 6:14
Quote:
"On hearing his words, some of the people said, "Surely this man is the Prophet." Others said, "He is the Messiah." John 7:40-41
Quote:
"Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem." Luke 13:33
Quote:
"Sir," the woman said, "I can see that you are a prophet." John 4:19
Quote:
"Why do you call me good? No one is good, except God alone." Mark 10:18
--->notice here he clearly deny being god

Quote:
"My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me? " Matthew 27:46
Quote:
"I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me." John 5:30
Quote:
"Verily, verily I say unto you, the servant is not greater than his lord, neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him." John 13:16
Quote:
"Jesus said, "I am with you for only a short time, and then I am going to the one who sent me." John 7:33
Quote:
"My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me. Anyone who chooses to do His will will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him." John 7:16-18
Quote:
"I will raise up for them a prophet from among their brethren like you, and will put My words in his mouth; and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not hearken to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die." Deuteronomy 18:18-20
Quote:
"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God; for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God" 1 John 4:1-2
Quote:
"I still have a lot to say to you, but you cannot bear it now. Yet when the Spirit of Truth comes, he"ll guide you into all truth. He won't speak on his own accord, but he"ll speak whatever he hears and will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me" John 16:12-14
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Quote:
"Indeed, We have sent to you a Messenger as a witness upon you just as We sent to Pharaoh a messenger."Quran 73:15
Quote:
"By the Star when it goes down. Your Companion is neither astray nor being misled. Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire. It is not but a revelation revealed. He was taught by one mighty in Power" Quran 53:1-5
Quote:
"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, "this is evident sorcery!"
Quran 61:6
Quote:
"Say(O Muhammad):I have no power over any good or harm to myself except as Allah willeth. If I had knowledge of the unseen, I should have multiplied all good, and no evil should have touched me: I am but a warner, and a bringer of glad tidings to those who have faith." Quran 7:188
Quote:
"The Messiah, son of Mary, was no other than a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) had passed away before him. And his mother was a saintly woman. And they both used to eat food. See how We make the revelations clear for them, and see how they are turned away!"
Say(O Muhammad): "Will ye worship, besides Allah, something which hath no power either to harm or benefit you? But Allah,- He it is that heareth and knoweth all things."
Say(O Muhammad): "O people of the Book! exceed not in your religion the bounds (of what is proper), trespassing beyond the truth, nor follow the vain desires of people who went wrong in times gone by,- who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the even way." Quran 5:75-77
Quote:
"Those messengers We endowed with gifts, some above others: To one of them Allah spoke; others He raised to degrees (of honour); to Jesus the son of Mary We gave clear (Signs), and strengthened him with the holy spirit. If Allah had so willed, succeeding generations would not have fought among each other, after clear (Signs) had come to them, but they (chose) to wrangle, some believing and others rejecting. If Allah had so willed, they would not have fought each other; but Allah Fulfilleth His plan."Quran 2:253
The story of Jesus from the Quran (at the bottom left you turn-on the audio) :

http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/?...ng-Yusuf%20Ali

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 04:08 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,864,102 times
No "neither" option?

There are many of us who hold neither the Christian Bible nor the Qur'an as authoritative.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
No "neither" option?

There are many of us who hold neither the Christian Bible nor the Qur'an as authoritative.
darn it forgot to do that

Old 07-29-2015, 12:22 PM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
neither

Old 07-29-2015, 12:40 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
If you'd like to have an actual discussion of this, I will. Are you willing to discuss it?

Old 07-29-2015, 01:02 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Muhammad and Jesus (God or prophets)??

That's like saying, "Apples and Carrots" (Fruit or Vegetable?)

Old 07-29-2015, 03:00 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Jesus is God and Son of Father God the creator along with His spirit is one God ... Sure Jesus did prophesied and taught through the Spirit of God as Father God told Him what to say and do ................... Jesus also said after the judgment of the cross by the people who killed Jesus by devil of envy against Jesus ................ Jesus said ``All power is given to me in heaven and in earth``..... See this Jesus was made a judgment by giving His life onto His soul, and Father God made Him equal through Father God , and Give the identity of the name of Jesus all the created power of heaven and the earth where God son Jesus would be the only one to Judge all men and women who pass away of the earth .......... See I am a witness of Lord Jesus Christ as Jesus said Father God will give His spirit to all who would repent and come in the identity of Jesus Christ , and Jesus sent His spirit on My life and thousand of Christians who eternally know God through Jesus ... See God is spirit in a profound way and He personally takes care of My life on a daily basis with interaction with the living God

Old 07-29-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus is God and Son of Father God the creator along with His spirit is one God
Jesus is God (1) (+ and) Son of Father God the creator (1) (+ along with) His spirit (1) ( = is) one God (??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus said ``All power is given to me in heaven and in earth`
Jesus would be the only one to Judge all men and women who pass away of the earth
But Jesus said :
Quote:
"I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me." John 5:30
are some members of the coequal Trinity subservient, and less than equal, to other members? Even though they have different wills ("I do not seek my own will"), do they obey without question the others" commands ("the will of Him who sent me")? Jesus admits to subordinating his own distinct will, yet according to the Trinitarian doctrine they should all have the same will. Should one of the triune partners have to forgo his own will in favor of the will of another member of the Trinity? Should not they all have the exact same will?
But since Jesus was subordinate to God, he was not God.

Jesus grew in wisdom, but God is all wise:

Quote:
"Great is our Lord and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite." Psalms 147:5
Quote:
"And Jesus increased in wisdom." Luke 2:52
God does not need to learn, but Jesus learned.

Quote:
"Although he was a son, he learned obedience"" Heb. 5:8
The Bible says that Jesus had limited knowledge, but god"s knowledge is infinite

Quote:
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but only the Father." Mark 13:32
Also "Lord" is used in many ways in the Bible, and others beside God and Jesus are called "Lord." For example:

1) property owners (Matt. 20:8)

2) heads of households (Mark 13:35)

3) slave owners (Matt. 10:24)

4) husbands (1 Pet. 3:6)

5) a son called his father Lord (Matt. 21:30)

6) the Roman Emperor was called Lord (Acts 25:26)

7) Roman authorities were called Lord (Matt. 27:63)

Furthermore:
Quote:
"How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?
Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.
How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?" Job 25:4-6
(Luke 2:21) god??

I am really sorry if i come up as rude but i don't know what other way i can say this

Last edited by eashoa; 07-29-2015 at 06:51 PM..

Old 07-29-2015, 05:53 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eashoa View Post
Jesus is God (1) (+ and) Son of Father God the creator (1) (+ along with) His spirit (1) ( = is) one God (??)

But Jesus said :

are some members of the coequal Trinity subservient, and less than equal, to other members? Even though they have different wills ("I do not seek my own will"), do they obey without question the others" commands ("the will of Him who sent me")? Jesus admits to subordinating his own distinct will, yet according to the Trinitarian doctrine they should all have the same will. Should one of the triune partners have to forgo his own will in favor of the will of another member of the Trinity? Should not they all have the exact same will?
But since Jesus was subordinate to God, he was not God.

Jesus grew in wisdom, but God is all wise:

God does not need to learn, but Jesus learned.

The Bible says that Jesus had limited knowledge, but god"s knowledge is infinite

Also "Lord" is used in many ways in the Bible, and others beside God and Jesus are called "Lord." For example:

1) property owners (Matt. 20:8)

2) heads of households (Mark 13:35)

3) slave owners (Matt. 10:24)

4) husbands (1 Pet. 3:6)

5) a son called his father Lord (Matt. 21:30)

6) the Roman Emperor was called Lord (Acts 25:26)

7) Roman authorities were called Lord (Matt. 27:63)

Furthermore:
"How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?
Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.
How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?" Job 25:4-6

(Luke 2:21) god??

I am really sorry if i come up as rude but i don't know what other way i can say this

Interesting choice of a verse from Job. friends come to mourn with Job and what do they do? Vex him. Until the End.

1 {S} Then Job answered and said:20 The womb forgetteth him; the worm feedeth sweetly on him; he shall be no more remembered; {N}
and unrighteousness is broken as a tree.

Job 25 is better understood with this translation. א וַיַּעַן, בִּלְדַּד הַשֻּׁחִי; וַיֹּאמַר. 1 {S} Then answered Bildad the Shuhite, and said:
ו אַף, כִּי-אֱנוֹשׁ רִמָּה; וּבֶן-אָדָם, תּוֹלֵעָה.
How much less man, that is a worm! and the son of man, that is a maggot!
The Scripture, Bible Old and New Testament.
Or as it was originally given is Torah. Which are 5 books. Prophets then Writings.

1 John 5King James Version (KJV)

5 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Last edited by pinacled; 07-29-2015 at 06:08 PM..

Old 07-29-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
1 John 5King James Version (KJV)
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
not part of the original transcripts of the Bible, modern versions of the Bible from the Critical Text usually omit the addition to 1 John 5:7, but some place it in a footnote, with a comment indicating that "it is not found in the earliest manuscripts"

see here:
(1)http://www.garnertedarmstrong.org/Feature_pages/feature_page_trinity001.shtml
(2)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Historical_Account_of_Two_Notable_Corruptions_o f_Scripture

and in

English Standard Version (ESV)
7 For there are three that testify:

8 the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality