Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 04:14 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times

Advertisements

Hannibal, I think you may have misunderstood me. I said you can still benefit from the practice and NOT claim that the practice has anything to do with the "spirit of Shavuot".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 04:55 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Hannibal, I think you may have misunderstood me. I said you can still benefit from the practice and NOT claim that the practice has anything to do with the "spirit of Shavuot".
Sure, a person can benefit and does but once it is established that it is not the spirit of Shavuot, then how can a person benefit after he no longer believes in it? I would still do it everyday, and I would cry everyday, it would relieve my anxiety and helped me find a way to forgive when it was needed.

The problem being is that it takes away from the greatest hope of all.

Most people don't know the word,'' Shemini Atzereth,''

But they do have an idea about how much power the Passover Atzereth brought{Pentecost}. Meditating is good for all people as long as you are not deceived into believing it is the spirit of Shavuot given on the Passover Atzereth.

The times and seasons have been changed and so people do not know them, and I would beg a person to take a much closer look at what is being offered because what is being offered cannot even be put into words.

Let's say that it will take place at the beginning of the Jewish year, that the rain will fall on the promise day{The 8th day of Sukkot}.

How shocking will it be, and just how unfair will it be?

Everyone and they grandma is going to have what seems to be a real good excuse but isn't, They are going to be very sincere when they say,'' Nobody told me or I would have prepared.''

We are not asked to do some great thing but only that we watch the appointed comings and goings of our master and for us not to know these comings and goings is actually unexcusable even though it seems like such an innocent thing. But if a person thinks he has the gifts of the Holy spirit and he is happy with what he has, then don't let him be sad when he sees angelic men shining with a light like lions among the multitudes.

I don't have anything against people speaking in tongues, I only want to tell the EXTREMELY GREAT NEWS!

It might be in our life when the greatest gifts of God are given to men, DON'T MISS IT!

It is like God has planned a party and he is begging everyone to come so he can give them the greatest thing anyone could imagine, and nobody wants to come, nobody wants the gifts of God because they assume they already have it,

Old 01-06-2016, 08:12 PM

Hanibal, I have long thought you may appreciate the writings of J. Preston Eby. It's been some years since I've read his stuff, but he had the same passion and reached some of the same conclusions, I believe, as you have. His website is here, in case you are interested... Kingdom Bible Studies Table of Contents

Old 01-07-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Hanibal, I have long thought you may appreciate the writings of J. Preston Eby. It's been some years since I've read his stuff, but he had the same passion and reached some of the same conclusions, I believe, as you have. His website is here, in case you are interested... Kingdom Bible Studies Table of Contents
Thanks a lot, I will check it out.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:19 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Thanks a lot, I will check it out.
And here's the other side of the script... - J Preston Eby, Eby minstry, Eby heresies, Eby writings, Preston Eby, Manifest Sons of God heresy, Latter Rain heresy

Found this too, however, after reading it, I realized that the author of the critique is an idiot and is critiquing from a biased and subjective standpoint... - A Critique of Eby's, Looking for His Appearing Part 1

On the "Latter Rain" movement:

Quote:
This was one of the first major churches to embrace the Latter Rain and became the center of much activity, where services were held daily for almost 4 years, affecting tens of thousands from around the globe.
James Watt was an elder at the Sharon Orphanage and school.
J. Preston Eby was an early proponent; he resigned under pressure from the Pentecostal Holiness Church in 1956 because his Latter Rain beliefs were not approved by the church.
Thomas Wyatt, a pastor from Portland, Oregon, hosted the North Battleford men at a pastor's conference, thus enabling the spread of the doctrine.
Garlon and Modest Pemberton were the pastors of a significant Latter Rain church in Houston.
Charles E. Green founded Word of Faith Temple in New Orleans, Louisiana, which grew to over a thousand members. The church is still in existence today, and is known as Life Gate Church. Charles Green's son, Michael, pastors Life Gate Church.
Fred Poole pastored a Latter Rain church in Philadelphia.

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latter...ar_II_movement)

Last edited by Richard1965; 01-13-2016 at 08:41 AM..

Old 01-13-2016, 09:36 AM

It's always funny to me when people are saying they have the rain of Shemini Atzereth because if the rain of Shemini Atzereth had fallen, everyone in the world would know it, and there would be people walking around like angels that were given double the power which was given on Shavuot.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And here's the other side of the script... - J Preston Eby, Eby minstry, Eby heresies, Eby writings, Preston Eby, Manifest Sons of God heresy, Latter Rain heresy

Found this too, however, after reading it, I realized that the author of the critique is an idiot and is critiquing from a biased and subjective standpoint... - A Critique of Eby's, Looking for His Appearing Part 1

On the "Latter Rain" movement:
There's always plenty of sides to any script.

I was not promoting Eby. I simply noticed some of the similarities between Eby's beliefs and Hannibal's.

Eby, iirc, would likely have said something very similar to this, I think:

Quote:
It's always funny to me when people are saying they have the rain of Shemini Atzereth because if the rain of Shemini Atzereth had fallen, everyone in the world would know it, and there would be people walking around like angels that were given double the power which was given on Shavuot.

Old 01-18-2016, 12:33 PM

6 posts, read 4,899 times
I speak in tongues all of the time. Very therapeutic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality