Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 7,477 times

Advertisements

i'm no bible scholar by any means. If Jesus is God why would he have said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 12:35 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,062,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man56 View Post
Maybe because he's not G-d?...He never said that he was G-d?...Man has said that he was G-d?...

Old 08-30-2015, 01:57 PM

9,694 posts, read 10,032,275 times
Jesus is God right a Father God is God and Holy Spirit is the spirit of God ........In a prophetic Word from God from Isaiah 53: 10-12 tells of Jesus the messiah to come and how God would make Jesus part of God ..........``Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him, he has put him to grief, where you will make his soul an offering for sin, he will see his seed, he will prolong his days , and the pleasure of the Lord will prosper in his hand.......He will see the labor of his soul, and will be satisfied by his knowledge will my righteous servant justify many , for he will bear their iniquities............There for will I divide him a portion with the great , and divide the spoils with the strong , because he has poured out his soul on to death , and he was numbered with the transgressors and he bare the sin of many , and made intercession for the transgressors ``......................................See God gave Jesus a portion with the great , as God is the great ....

Old 08-30-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
yes he did '‘I and the Father are one"
Then you are unable to comprehend what he said...

Old 08-30-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
He said, "We are one", he did not say, "We are the same"...

Old 08-30-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus is God right a Father God is God and Holy Spirit is the spirit of God ........In a prophetic Word from God from Isaiah 53: 10-12 tells of Jesus the messiah to come and how God would make Jesus part of God ..........``Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him, he has put him to grief, where you will make his soul an offering for sin, he will see his seed, he will prolong his days , and the pleasure of the Lord will prosper in his hand.......He will see the labor of his soul, and will be satisfied by his knowledge will my righteous servant justify many , for he will bear their iniquities............There for will I divide him a portion with the great , and divide the spoils with the strong , because he has poured out his soul on to death , and he was numbered with the transgressors and he bare the sin of many , and made intercession for the transgressors ``......................................See God gave Jesus a portion with the great , as God is the great ....
Uh...No...That is Polytheism...

Old 08-30-2015, 08:10 PM

12,976 posts, read 9,674,444 times
Quote:
I would look at that as sort of a metaphor. To me, Jesus is not God, but the son of God, and he sits on the right hand of God on his throne. I guess he is like God right hand man, so he cant be God.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:11 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,073,963 times
Quote:
"I am greater than myself"
Most Pagans worshiped Divinities, they didn't worship Humans... that is why the Christians had to get with it and come up with the 100% God and 100% Human thing... and Hate the Idolaters' 100% Gods and 100% Statues thing.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:21 AM

569 posts, read 553,365 times
Quote:
There is a thread in the Islam forum: Is it a good idea to ask Allah to show himself to me.

I would side with the most repliers in that thread, I didn't think it was a good idea, too.

You see: if you have a 100% understanding in something, yet you go straight offending. It might be you charging yourself into the fires; and I have yet to work out a forgiveness for such a person.

Hence, whatever Jesus meant by it. You could take it as he was saying "worship GOD".

You don't want to be dead, and nobody resurrects you, right?

And, by what I meant DEAD in the last sentence: dead meant dead here. The cold hard still lying there, and never rising again PERIOD.

Love You

Old 09-04-2015, 07:10 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,095,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I would look at that as sort of a metaphor. To me, Jesus is not God, but the son of God, and he sits on the right hand of God on his throne. I guess he is like God right hand man, so he cant be God.
So who created who?
Jesus created God, or God created Jesus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality