Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2015, 09:19 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times

Advertisements

I just had a check to see whether anything was moving on this. The Childress Police checked with some Texan republicans who said they were absolutely right.

They are absolutely wrong, of course, but they may not be challenged on this so near to the next election. But it would be a step back a couple of decades to allow a practical legal precedent for the wrong but allowed de facto religious slogan on money.

What should happen is that the Police Chief should be told to remove the slogan or he will be jailed, like Kim Davis. Like which this is just another probing ploy of the agenda to remove the church/state barrier.

He should be shown that the police are subject to the law as much as any other citizen, and it would be a shaker to see a top cop jailed for trying to buck the constitution and law.

I would love to think that the US govt. has the cods to do it, but I am not risking any cash on it.

The more I think about it, this could be THE test case.

If the constitution holds at this level, it will hold everywhere. But this cop needs to be told that, if he doesn't remove the slogan, he will go to jail. And if he goes to jail, he will have a criminal record. And, if he has a criminal record, he cannot be a cop, let alone a police -chief. If he really believes this will happen, he will (unless backed by Fundymoney) climb down, and that will be the test case of all test cases lost for get religion into schools, just as Dover was a loss for the same agenda.

I think this is one the constitution has to win, but the dead silence makes me fear that it isn't even going to be fought.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-31-2015 at 09:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 09:38 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I just had a check to see whether anything was moving on this. The Childress Police checked with some Texan republicans who said they were absolutely right.

They are absolutely wrong, of course, but they may not be challenged on this so near to the next election. But it would be a step back a couple of decades to allow a practical legal precedent for the wrong but allowed religious slogan on money.

What should happen is that the Police Chief should be told to remove the slogan or he will be jailed, like Kim Davis. Like which this is just another probing ploy of the agenda to remove the church/state barrier.

He should be shown that the police are subject to the law as much as any other citizen, and it would be a shaker to see a top cop jailed for trying to buck the constitution and law.

I would love to think that the US govt. has the cods to do it, but I am not risking any cash on it.
The more I think about it, this could be THE test case.

If the constitution holds at this level, it will hold everywhere. But this cop needs to be told that, if he doesn't remove the slogan, he will go to jail. And if he goes to jail, he will have a criminal record. And, if he has a criminal record, he cannot be a cop, let alone a police -chief. If he really believes this will happen, he will (unless backed by Fundymoney) climb down, and that will be the test case of all test cases lost for get religion into schools, just as Dover was a loss for the same agenda.

I think this is one the constitution has to win, but the dead silence makes me fear that it isn't even going to be fought.
But that is not what the amendment was intended for...

Old 10-31-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Please show me where in the Bible after the death of Christ that we are commanded to kill other humans. The OT Old Covenant law was made null and void by Christ's sacrifice on the cross. You knew that, right?
No, it didn't make it null and void...

Old 10-31-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Interesting....so the ten commandments went out the window?

In that Jesus never offered any similar list of rules, we may assume that bearing false witness, worshiping alternative gods, coveting neighbors wife, not honoring father & mother etc....all rendered okay?
Sounds logical to me...

Old 10-31-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
We are saved by grace, not but by following a set of rules. However, that salvation makes one prone to not want to do such things as listed in the 10 commandments.
That's a load of BS...

Old 10-31-2015, 10:05 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
But that is not what the amendment was intended for...
I don't think that's for me or you to say. And it doesn't matter anyway. What matters is what the law based on the constitution requires of Public servants. That is, if it has the balls to take on the police.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:05 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That's a load of BS...
And your proof for such a statement is....?

Old 10-31-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
8 out of 10 fundies cannot be wrong.

So when your brethren (brothers, neighbors) here on CD all declare the OT is still in force....seems the evangelicals have to come to a truth about their theology ?

When the EFs declare that LOVE is not enough, that we must jump through hoops to show ourselves approved?

Talk about a schism in the making. I am seeing visions of Martin Luther's thesis ALL OVER evangelicalism..
We don't sacrifice goats or have a tabernacle with priests, do we? It's always all or nothing with you people because that is the only way you can deny truth. Either none of the OT laws apply or all of them must apply apparently with you.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
A lot of people didn't get the memo, apparently.

It's still monstrous that your God is so bloodthirsty, whether it's commanding the deaths of unbelievers or desiring a human sacrifice on a cross or torturing people with fire for eternity.

I'd rather see a police car that says "In Thor We Trust." Plus it would make more sense, since cops have tasers.
And I never felt the need to go on a message board and characterize Loki as being blood thirsty and evil. The only thing you are showing me here is deep down, you have a hatred for God which means you know God exists but you don't want to face that reality.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:19 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
And I never felt the need to go on a message board and characterize Loki as being blood thirsty and evil. The only thing you are showing me here is deep down, you have a hatred for God which means you know God exists but you don't want to face that reality.
Thanks for yet another demonstration of what passes for reasoning -- immature, fundy-style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality