Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 12:32 PM

1,248 posts, read 824,229 times

Advertisements

My idea of heaven is even simpler: living in a small house in a place like this:

Or this:

with my man and some animals. Walking out every morning to greet the sunlight. Exploring the pure, unspoiled nature, revelling in the simple joys of life. The morning coffee, the mild breeze, the sharp biting cold water, the first snowfall, the moon rising over the mountains, the wild swans, the howl of the wolf. And all that for a long, long time... but not forever....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 12:58 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
I think what the OP means when he says "heaven" is what type of heaven could we envision once our time is up from this Earth.

I have a strong fascination to explore the Universe without the limitations that we face as humans.

I least that is what I meant when I cast my vote.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:01 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
My idea of heaven is even simpler: living in a small house in a place like this:

Or this:
with my man and some animals. Walking out every morning to greet the sunlight. Exploring the pure, unspoiled nature, revelling in the simple joys of life. The morning coffee, the mild breeze, the sharp biting cold water, the first snowfall, the moon rising over the mountains, the wild swans, the howl of the wolf. And all that for a long, long time... but not forever....
Nice! This certainly matches the type of heaven on Earth that I would enjoy.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:17 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
being able to visit every planet and every moon and every star in the universe for as long as I wanted.

At least twice.
The promise is that you are given your own earth by your own design. Then there are the wolves who come and go through all the billions of Earths, and these come and go through people's left eye whether they be trying to move a person one way or the other.

Wolves be there, and what you want is actually obtainable if you become a wolf.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:22 PM

18,498 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
First kiss.
I didn't get any background symphony music with mine. Not all it's cracked up to be in the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Cookies.
What kind of cookies? Still, after 100 billion years of eating cookies I would probably go crazy.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:31 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Yeah, I was programmed to believe that too.

But then I tried imagining eternity. Eternity means that after 100 trillion years, you're still no closer to the end. I think I would probably go nuts after the first 1 trillion years. And yet I'd have no way to escape. Not even suicide would work, since I'd already be dead. I think that would be hell.
You think you would? I thought you already attained that. LOL

Old 11-10-2015, 02:12 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Ideally, I'd have:

*The ability to fly anywhere at any speed
*The ability to change my body weight at will
*invulnerability

I'd dive into Jupiter's red spot and essentially skydive through the winds. I'd dive into the atmosphere of other gas giants too. I bet there would be a lot of lightning in there. That could be fun to see.

Then I'd do the same thing, but with the sun. I'd dive into the sun and see what it looks like on the inside.

Then I'd dive into a black hole and do the same thing.

The nice thing about black holes is once inside I could use one to shoot forward in time. I'd shoot forwards a few decades, spend a few years seeing how humanity has changed, then I'd zip a few decades forward again and so on.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:39 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
being able to visit every planet and every moon and every star in the universe for as long as I wanted.

At least twice.
Planets are merely islands on the sea of space.
It's little different than the position mankind was in before transcontinental
seafaring took place. Material space has material limits. One could travel
among the stars, and still make no spiritual progress.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Planets are merely islands on the sea of space.
It's little different than the position mankind was in before transcontinental
seafaring took place. Material space has material limits. One could travel
among the stars, and still make no spiritual progress.
Uh-huh.

But if it's all the same to you, I think I'd prefer to find out for myself.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:23 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I didn't get any background symphony music with mine. Not all it's cracked up to be in the movies.

What kind of cookies? Still, after 100 billion years of eating cookies I would probably go crazy.
First kiss does not have music. It has humor. At least mine did. One million kisses later, and I still remember that one kiss.

I make wonderful cookies. All kinds. The beauty of a good cookie is each batch can be different.

Today I baked a spice cookie with a bit of Calabasa. I sprinkled the top with smoked cinnamon salt, and smoked sugar using lemon wood chips. I do the smoking myself. I am experimenting.

They were divine. Not a crumb left. I will bake them for my customers as Thanksgiving gifts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality