Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your view on abortion
I believe abortion takes a life and I believe in God. 12 14.12%
I believe abortion takes a life and I am a Christian. 36 42.35%
I believe abortion takes a life and I am an agnostic. 2 2.35%
I believe abortion takes a life and I am an atheist. 6 7.06%
I believe abortion takes a life and I am of another religion. 2 2.35%
I believe abortion DOES NOT take a life and I believe in God. 2 2.35%
I believe abortion DOES NOT take a life and I am a Christian. 10 11.76%
I believe abortion DOES NOT take a life and I am an agnostic. 7 8.24%
I believe abortion DOES NOT take a life and I am an atheist. 6 7.06%
I believe abortion DOES NOT take a life and I am of another religion. 2 2.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:09 PM

6 posts, read 9,562 times

Advertisements

a sperm is not a potential unborn life?

Old 02-04-2008, 08:10 PM

4 posts, read 12,503 times
I say......... leave government OUT of IT, and that means every red cent of stolen tax $$$$$$

Old 02-04-2008, 08:50 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
I believe abortion takes a potential life.

That's why I am in favor of it.

I wish the parents of much of the population that surrounds me daily had chosen that option.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:41 AM

194 posts, read 362,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overide View Post
a sperm is not a potential unborn life?
No, sperm is human cellular material that if left to itself, will never become a human being. Same goes for the egg. The zygote on the other hand is different. It already has everything in needs to function as a human organism. What comes into existence at conception is a distinct, unified, self-integrating human being. All the genetic material needed to drive the child's development is already there. All her fundamental capacities are in place. A new life begins at the very moment of conception.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:59 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningMan View Post
I say......... leave government OUT of IT,
Amen and hallelujah, keep your laws off my body.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:44 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,008,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
I think that's the intention.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:49 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
I will chime in here, read the 1st 6 pages.

No I do not approve of abortion yet there is a fundamental issue that is overlooked here - SEX.

The church has managed to demonize the natural urges in humans. We were designed with these instincts and who knows how long they waited 2000 years ago before they married or engaged in sexual intercourse. Seems God has not adjusted the human for the modern lifestyle.

On a forum I moderate, we discussed the sex issue and discussed many things about contraception etc.

I agree it is up to the parents to teach the so-called moral standards yet I have seen a pastors daughter getting pregnant out of wedlock so the law(s) do not seem to be a catch all. One daughter allegedly had an abortion, cannot disgrace the ministry.

I believe many abortions come about as a result of shame forced on us by society. That is what is wrong. These things happen and as much one would like to hope the foundations we lay, Christian or otherwise, they happen to all of us. The guilt IMO is what drives women to have the abortion in the first place, or fear of rejection.

When society can stand by these women w/o condemnation, maybe then things may change.

I do not believe an atheist brings up a daughter and encourages them to have premarital sex any more than a Christian would. Ironically the so-called shame we perceive, I am sure God is not shamed by it. A mistake? Possibly, but who tells a child conceived out of wedlock they were a mistake?

I have a daughter turning 16 and a son turning 19 this year. They know my sentiments ye I also know if push comes to shove and whatever happens, they will use protection. We have laid the foundations as best we can and that is all we can do.

If it happened, yes I would be disappointed but they know I would never reject them for it. I am strict yet also lax in many ways. I trust them and so far I have not even had one bad report of misbehaviour outside my home.

I had premarital sex and back then I was not a Christian, I was wise enough to take precautions. This year I am married 22 years and I lived with my wife 3 years before that, no fooling around by either of us neither.

The fact is, the reality of hormones exist, we all went there, were there.

So precaution can avoid unwanted pregnancies. In the Christian faith folk marry far too early IMO and then 5 years down the line (not always) the big D

Statistically, there are as many divorces amongst believers as non believers.

'nuff said

I do not condone abortion neither do I condone premarital sex.

As parents, we need to be responsible not only in education but also in the event of an unwanted/unplanned pregnancy.

Blessings

Old 02-05-2008, 01:36 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
...and keep your rosaries off my ovaries!

Old 02-05-2008, 04:26 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,008,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
...and keep your rosaries off my ovaries!
Lets keep religion out of it for a minute if you can.

Is what is growing inside you alive or not?

Yes___

No___

Old 02-05-2008, 04:31 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Please participate in the poll above and just be honest please.

My answer:

I believe abortion takes a life and I am a Christian.
And I'm right with you, abortion takes the life of the unborn, who have no control over their fate during pregnancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality