Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 05:39 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,661,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Why, with the large numbers of non-believers on this forum are believers not taking the opportunity to try to win some souls? Missionaries are roaming the world spending precious resources to spread the word of God but on this free forum with a target-rich environment of atheists and fence-straddlers the primary activity of believers seems to be belittling the infidels. There is a multi-page thread of non-believers begging for evidence/enlightenment. Are the atheists here beyond salvation or is this too difficult a playing surface?
Do not be dissuaded. Those that discourage are possibly "lost souls" and may just need your attention and effort to be "saved".
Respond to any and all Atheist posts with enlightenment for them.
Be fervent and dedicated. Let them know of the risks and rewards that are at issue according to "the Word" you embrace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 05:53 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,250,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Why, with the large numbers of non-believers on this forum are believers not taking the opportunity to try to win some souls? Missionaries are roaming the world spending precious resources to spread the word of God but on this free forum with a target-rich environment of atheists and fence-straddlers the primary activity of believers seems to be belittling the infidels. There is a multi-page thread of non-believers begging for evidence/enlightenment. Are the atheists here beyond salvation or is this too difficult a playing surface?
As for atheists, I believe many "christians" are going to be floored when they finally realize just how much more Christ like the atheist is compared to the oppressive hate filled typical fundie.

Give me a room full of honest atheists ANYTIME over a room full of going to Sunday meeting 5 days a week frauds.

Old 12-10-2015, 05:56 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,792,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Do not be dissuaded. Those that discourage are possibly "lost souls" and may just need your attention and effort to be "saved".
Respond to any and all Atheist posts with enlightenment for them.
Be fervent and dedicated. Let them know of the risks and rewards that are at issue according to "the Word" you embrace.
Boy, you have been really bored the last couple days . You should really get out more, spending all your free time trying to start flamewars on the internet is just not healthy... Take up a constructive hobby or something.

-NoCapo

Old 12-10-2015, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Boy, you have been really bored the last couple days . You should really get out more, spending all your free time trying to start flamewars on the internet is just not healthy... Take up a constructive hobby or something.

-NoCapo
It is a buffer for boredom. But I have explained many times...I am working (making $$$) and stuck at the PC anyway. There is lag time...though not sufficient that I could do other things (unless maybe I took up knitting)...so I kill that time entertaining myself with this site. I work constantly (many posts are from my club during business hours, explaining the late night times)...look at the times of my posts and note the gap in between. I don't waste much of my life sleeping.
I estimate that 95% of the posts I have made to this forum were not using time specifically dedicated to the exclusion of other things I could be doing instead. Unlike most...including you, I'd bet. It's YOU, et al, that are "spending free time" posting to this site...not me.
The real hoot is...you'd be flabbergasted to see what is on the screen, or what is going on around me, before and after I click over to this site during gaps!

Old 12-10-2015, 06:42 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,792,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
It is a buffer for boredom. But I have explained many times...I am working (making $$$) and stuck at the PC anyway. There is lag time...though not sufficient that I could do other things (unless maybe I took up knitting)...so I kill that time entertaining myself with this site. I work constantly (many posts are from my club during business hours, explaining the late night times)...look at the times of my posts and note the gap in between. I don't waste much of my life sleeping.
I estimate that 95% of the posts I have made to this forum were not using time specifically dedicated to the exclusion of other things I could be doing instead. Unlike most...including you, I'd bet. It's YOU, et al, that are "spending free time" posting to this site...not me.
The real hoot is...you'd be flabbergasted to see what is on the screen, or what is going on around me, before and after I click over to this site during gaps!
It isn't the frequency of your posting, it just seems that over the last couple days your posting is even more pointless, and content-free than it normally is. You're not even trying any more, just sort of listlessly poking with rhetorical sticks. Even your trolling is going downhill. Take a break, get refreshed, center yourself, get some new material, something.

It is really hard for me to get properly fired up about your trolling when it is so lifeless and ineffective that I feel bad for you.

-NoCapo

Old 12-10-2015, 06:52 AM

10,093 posts, read 5,746,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
As for atheists, I believe many "christians" are going to be floored when they finally realize just how much more Christ like the atheist is compared to the oppressive hate filled typical fundie.

Give me a room full of honest atheists ANYTIME over a room full of going to Sunday meeting 5 days a week frauds.

"Typical fundie" - believes in the Bible, pays their tithes, prays for others, helps others in the community through various ministries, believes respect and kindness should be shown to all people.

"Typical atheist" - enjoys bashing and mocking Christians, actually thinks mockery and bullying are a good thing as long as it is against Christians, enjoys tearing down the Bible and people's faith, completely negative if you don't agree with them 100% and believes respect as to be earned first which usually entails bowing down and agreeing with them.

Sorry, I think you got it backwards.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:59 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,064,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
"Typical fundie" - believes in the Bible, pays their tithes, prays for others, helps others in the community through various ministries, believes respect and kindness should be shown to all people.

"Typical atheist" - enjoys bashing and mocking Christians, actually thinks mockery and bullying are a good thing as long as it is against Christians, enjoys tearing down the Bible and people's faith, completely negative if you don't agree with them 100% and believes respect as to be earned first which usually entails bowing down and agreeing with them.

Sorry, I think you got it backwards.
Who is bashing whom in your post?

Old 12-10-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
It isn't the frequency of your posting, it just seems that over the last couple days your posting is even more pointless, and content-free than it normally is. You're not even trying any more, just sort of listlessly poking with rhetorical sticks. Even your trolling is going downhill. Take a break, get refreshed, center yourself, get some new material, something.

It is really hard for me to get properly fired up about your trolling when it is so lifeless and ineffective that I feel bad for you.

-NoCapo
It is my own amusement that concerns me...and is my goal.
I was cracking up as I typed my last post to 1insider.
How you, et al, feel about it means little to nothing to me. You don't like it?...then don't read it.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:20 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,239,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
This is just untrue. Change "typical" to "some" and it's true as is the inverse with "some" fundamentalists. We don't need to fan the flames of our differences.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:32 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,602,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Who is the fraud but thou ?
You attempt to justify the most pernicious heresies.
You are an Antinomianist. Licentiousness was condemned from the
very beginning of the Church (Nicolaitans, Adamites) - and many
subsequent cults. You comment vigorously against any poster
who defends the true life of faith and worship, while gloating
that monstrous deeds of the flesh are not even sinful.
You refuse Christ everything He demands of you.
Beg God for forgiveness and repent of your evil, or be damned
with the damned spirits that deceive you to hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality