Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 09:21 PM

22,183 posts, read 19,227,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
....I would have to say that you have no idea how to develop spiritually.
and what is your recipe for developing spiritually?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 09:26 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
and what is your recipe for developing spiritually?
It's your personal journey so you must be the one to figure out what works best for you.

Investigate all of it.

Research all of it and come to your own conclusion.

Try out everything that peeks your interest or resonates with you.

However I can assure you that you won't develop yourself spiritually by believing what others tell you to believe.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
It's your personal journey so you must be the one to figure out what works best for you. ...However I can assure you that you won't develop yourself spiritually by believing what others tell you to believe.
i am just curious since you are so critical of what works for other people
how you grow spiritually

because a negative attitude....does not ever yield positive results

[here is a sample of your recent words: "disgusting, garbage, sick, evil, no idea, inadequate, pathetic, iron age, peasants, no thinking, regurgitation, lost, rude, insulting" ]

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 01-16-2016 at 10:00 PM..

Old 01-16-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
i am just curious since you are so critical of what works for other people
how you grow spiritually

because a negative attitude....does not ever yield positive results

[here is a sample of your recent words: "disgusting, garbage, sick, evil, no idea, inadequate, pathetic, iron age, peasants, no thinking, regurgitation, lost, rude, insulting" ]
I suggest you go directly to the stories in the bible that elicit these types of emotions and thoughts.

The Christian God as presented in your holy text has got to be the most unpleasant characters in ALL FICTION writings…this fictitious God is Jealous and proud of it. Petty, vindictive unjust, unforgiving, racist and an ethnic cleanser urging his people on to acts of genocide.

Or the story in the book of Judges about the traveling priest who spent the night at an old mans house… and when a mob shows up to demand this host hand over his male guest “so that we may know him” and this is what the old man said next and I quote “ Here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them what seemeth good unto you; but unto this man do not so vile a thing” So this story is about go ahead and enjoy yourself by raping and humiliating my daughter but show proper respect to my guest who is after all a male.

But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. 18"But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves. 19"And you, camp outside the camp seven days; whoever has killed any person and whoever has touched any slain, purify yourselves, you and your captives, on the third day and on the seventh day.…"

Yes these stories are disgusting, garbage, sick, evil, inadequate on all levels for spiritual development, pathetic iron age peasant stores, no thinking involved when told what to believe or when regurgitating word for word.

There is nothing at all spiritual about the things written in the bible. There is nothing spiritual in believing what you are told to believe. There is nothing spiritual in the sick twisted dark stories of the bible.

I suggest picking up books to read that are filled with beautiful stories about peace, love and that teaches you how to cultivate spiritual growth vs. stores of Moses who instructs people to kill. Meditate and do the conscious work it takes to maintain a healthy balance in mind, body and spirit. Everyone is different and thus their spiritual journey is going to be different. This is why I said you need to do your own research and come to your own conclusions...I am not here to promote my way.

Last edited by Matadora; 01-16-2016 at 10:41 PM..

Old 01-16-2016, 10:31 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Jesus, as Messiah, could have appeared at any time after the first prophecy was said at Genesis 3:15

Blind faith is: credulity.
We have verifiable proof in the fulfillment of Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 because just as it was written, it is happening.
The good news message about God's kingdom government is now being actively proclaimed on a global international scale as never before in history. Even modern technology has made possible rapid Bible translation so people everywhere on earth can have access to Scripture in their own mother tongue or native languages.

Throughout the centuries No one could stop God's people from growing in number.
No enemies, and there are many, many even from without and within, can get rid of the Bible.
So, No one can stop God's people and No one can get rid of the Bible.
We are nearing the ' final phase ' of Matthew 24:14
We are nearing the ' final signal ' of 1st Thess. 5:2-3 when ' they ' ( powers that be ) will be saying, "Peace and Security" or "Peace and Safety" which is the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will then usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.

Sadly, Matthew, your enthusiastic and quite frankly bombastic predictions of Christianity's success comes nowhere near to matching the actual reality of the situation:

>>>>>The good news message about God's kingdom government is now being actively proclaimed on a global international scale as never before in history.

In the real world, Christianity is advancing ONLY in the poorest areas of the world such as Africa and parts of Southern Asia where poverty is rampant and the uneducated make up the vast majority. The uneducated poor people are being sold a bill of goods via the prosperity gospel by scam artists like Benny Hinn, who concentrates nearly all his efforts in Africa these days where the chickens are ripe for the plucking. Americans pretty much have washed their hands of evangelism efforts to bring new sheep into the fold to shear.

>>>>>Throughout the centuries No one could stop God's people from growing in number.

Iceland Magazine: 0.0% of Icelanders 25 years or younger believe God created the world, new poll reveals.

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/00-icelanders-25-years-or-younger-believe-god-created-world-new-poll-reveals

The Spectator:
2067: the end of British Christianity

Projections aren't predictions. But there's no denying that churches are in deep trouble

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2015/06/2067-the-end-of-british-christianity/

Matthew, still think no one can stop God's people from growing?

>>>>>>>>No enemies, and there are many, many even from without and within, can get rid of the Bible.
No one can get rid of the Bible.

No need to get rid of the Bible. The Bible is getting rid of itself.

Gallup Poll: Only One-Third of Americans Believe the Bible Is Literally True. About 20% of Americans believe the Bible is an ancient book of "fables, legends, history, and moral precepts recorded by man.

In short: Over ONE-HALF of Americans give short-shrift to the Bible as the inspired word of God.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/27682/onethird-americans-believe-bible-literally-true.aspx

Matthew, still think no one can get rid of the Bible?

Matthew, you're young and full of enthusiasm for your religion. I admire that. But like all Christians you have a tremendous affinity for denying what's right under your nose:

Christianity is dying a slow death by a thousand cuts.

I don't doubt these powerful headlines will whiz right by you. But rest assured that most of the rest of the world is hearing them loud and clear.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:38 PM

Quote:
picking up books to read that are filled with beautiful stories about peace, love and how to cultivate spiritual growth
when you start communicating through your posts an attitude and positive message of peace, kindness, love, and respect for others, then you will begin to demonstrate some glimmer of credibility regarding spiritual growth and development

Old 01-16-2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
when you start communicating through your posts an attitude and positive message of peace, kindness, love, and respect for others, then you will begin to demonstrate some glimmer of credibility regarding spiritual growth and development
I am not here to promote what you expect me to. It's not my agenda.

I am here to stop the ignorance and present objectionable truths with respect to science as well as those who think they have the right to push their religion on others. Those who think their religion should be everyone else's need to realize that it's not their place and none of their business to try and push their religious beliefs on others or think that their holy text is the truth.

It's clear that your religion is not working out in helping you with tolerance for others who don't believe in your religion.

Oh that's right your religion teaches you to kill others who don't believe like you. Still that's no excuse.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
I am here to stop the ignorance
a good place to start then is to not ridicule and belittle others, and to stop the name calling and derision. that would be a step in the right direction.

thank you.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
a good place to start then is to not ridicule and belittle others, and to stop the name calling and derision. that would be a step in the right direction.
Ridicule and belittle others? Name calling? What are you talking about?

Calling someone out for being ignorant of facts is not an insult. Calling someone out for needing to rely on an ancient book for right and wrong that was written by unworldly, unenlightened, uneducated iron age peasants is not an insult. It's 100% truth.

Ignorance defined - lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.

I suggest you be a good little christian and show tolerance towards others who don't believe in your religion and stop falsely accusing them of things they have not done.

Even if your god instructs you to kill others who don't believe in him...this is a poor excuse for behaving with intolerance.

You're welcome

Old 01-16-2016, 11:50 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I feel sorry for those people who contain their god within a little book, tied to words written by long-dead, primitive men.
I feel sorry for people who are not able to construct an argument from words formed in their heads but instead can ony quote a book proven to be not much more than fable, fiction and fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality