Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 05:11 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Pimping?

My daughter is here now, she is married.

Why would it seem so bad to post a pic of a daughter you are proud of?

That's pimping?
Oh man...I was just kidding around with ya on the pimping part, Hannibal. You know I heart ya.

But on posting her pic publicly...that part, yeah...I mean I wouldn't have, personally.

Sorry, was just playing around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 05:17 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh man...I was just kidding around with ya on the pimping part, Hannibal. You know I heart ya.

But on posting her pic publicly...that part, yeah...I mean I wouldn't have, personally.

Sorry, was just playing around.

That's her facebook photo, thas ok man.

I am proud of her, she is a beauty but she is as smart as a whip, she should be a journalist but she is a full time mom.

Meh, the people here in this forum are my only friends.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
My kids are forced to hear about things I disagree with anyway, such as the LGBT agenda. I don't really have a say about that.
Forced? Forced? You do know that it's legal to home school in this country, right?

You CHOSE to live where you do. You can CHOOSE to home school. You can CHOOSE to move to a place that has a private school that teaches your beliefs about homosexuality. You can CHOOSE to get a job some place else if you don't like the public schools where you live. Millions of Americans do those things.

No one in this country is forced to send their children to public schools. Your kids are where they are because of the choices YOU have made.

p.s. The 'LGBT agenda' is to have full rights as citizens. If you have problems with your kids learning that....pull them out of school and google 'Duggar Homeschooling' for an agenda you would agree with.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:24 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Forced? Forced? You do know that it's legal to home school in this country, right?

You CHOSE to live where you do. You can CHOOSE to home school. You can CHOOSE to move to a place that has a private school that teaches your beliefs about homosexuality. You can CHOOSE to get a job some place else if you don't like the public schools where you live. Millions of Americans do those things.

No one in this country is forced to send their children to public schools. Your kids are where they are because of the choices YOU have made.

p.s. The LGBT agenda is to have full rights as citizens. If you have problems with your kids learning that....pull them out of school and google 'Duggar Homeschooling' for an agenda you would agree with.
That's what my daughter does, she homeschools and she literally has no choice, my grandson is a minority in the public school, just a kid and got beat up everyday. And boy do they come after you when you pull your kid out of school, they make big bucks. They tried to force my grandson on free lunch meals because they made money and everyone in his school is on free lunch. Freakin school gives her so much grief, it should be fixed. They want to force some really bad things on parents because of the total failure that most parents are. The kids are monsters but they weren't born that way, it takes some pretty sorry parents to raise some of these kids I see nowadays with no manners whatsoever, and then you find a kid in a thousand who says yes mam, who has manners and there is a glimmer of hope for the future. But MOMS!

They got it so hard, A good Mom is hard to find, my daughter is the best!

Old 01-07-2016, 06:28 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

p.s. The 'LGBT agenda' is to have full rights as citizens. If you have problems with your kids learning that....pull them out of school and google 'Duggar Homeschooling' for an agenda you would agree with.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:59 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
We live in not only a bible belt, but often many have said we live in its buckle. And if you think Southern Baptists are outrageous, you have not lived in an area dominated by Calvinists. Seriously.

My daughter is a teacher at a local public school. Her perspectives on religion are very similar to mine (surprised, huh?). Her and her husband have many friends who are very religious, including those that swallowed the home schooling pill; they all just agree that religion does not get discussed. Both are very active as volunteers in the community, including my daughter being chair of the library board, and both being coaches in numerous sports.

As such, I was surprised to see this meme on her Facebook feed today. Good for her, it takes some guts to make the statement.
Not sure about the public school setup in the Bible Belt or it's buckle, but where I come from they don't teach any religion in public schools, and neither does the parent want it.

There are Pvt schools where Christianity is taught in Christian schools, Islam is taught in Pvt Islamic Schools, Judiasm is taught in Pvt Jewish schools - it's a choice that parents and or students make.

So OP, what's the issue here, and where is the bravery part? Is there a movement going on in the biblical belt to teach religion in public schools?

Old 01-07-2016, 08:36 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I personally don't care what they do however, some will see her actions as not family friendly so they will have no further need for either of them to be participating in family oriented settings and situations.
That would be rather intolerant of 'tolerant' Christians, wouldn't it?

Oh, you mean not all Christians are tolerant? Tell me it is not so!

Old 01-08-2016, 03:39 AM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Don't be surprised when your daughter and her husband are asked to step down and away from some of those activities, she is told her services as a teacher are no longer required and they find themselves with no friends left.
My friends post things like this all of the time. Hint: We are still friends. When I see things like this, I just think, well, maybe they would like to expand our conversation topics.

But I see what you are getting at and, yes, it could happen. It shouldn't happen but it could.

From what the OP has stated about his daughter and her friends, it seems she knows how to pick out her friends.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:27 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
My kids are forced to hear about things I disagree with anyway, such as the LGBT agenda.
I don't really have a say about that.
To both of you, I say what is wrong with learning about other people's beliefs? Is it threatening to your own belief? If so, maintenance of ignorance to preserve belief is necessary. I mean, either beleif can stand in the face of education or it cannot.

Just keep religion out of science class, and we are good.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:30 AM

197 posts, read 86,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
We live in not only a bible belt, but often many have said we live in its buckle. And if you think Southern Baptists are outrageous, you have not lived in an area dominated by Calvinists. Seriously.

My daughter is a teacher at a local public school. Her perspectives on religion are very similar to mine (surprised, huh?). Her and her husband have many friends who are very religious, including those that swallowed the home schooling pill; they all just agree that religion does not get discussed. Both are very active as volunteers in the community, including my daughter being chair of the library board, and both being coaches in numerous sports.

As such, I was surprised to see this meme on her Facebook feed today. Good for her, it takes some guts to make the statement.
Your daughter is indeed unique. I don't know how she does it. I guess being in the norm makes her more easy going to religious people. To me, religion can be a deal breaker. You read my story from another topic. You know how I feel about religious people, i.e. fundamentalists. I guess I take friendship too seriously, so my feelings are deeply hurt when a friend's belief is offensive to my identity even though he/she doesn't express it to my face.

I hope you daughter will keep up what she is doing. The longer I am living in the States, the more I come to realization that bigotry from Christians and fanatics from Muslims are powerful. Luckily, the majority of Americans are compassionate and accepting. Still, the bigots are so vocal that they dominate good Americans' voices. It takes strong courage to be one's self. Your daughter is a good example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality